What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storming in to Hobart!!!!!

Von

Juniors
Want a laugh guys?

Read the ill-informed comments on bigfooty from AFL fans.
Comments like...
* the NRL organised it as tit-for-tat against GWS (NRL had nothing to do with it)
* all tickets were given away (yeh right)
* numerous referrals to "rugby"...they have no idea and yet still feel compelled to comment
* the NRL reckons 11,000 is a great crowd (GWS in a city of 5 million got a whopping 8,000)
* North Hobart is a s**t ground. (maybe it is, so what)

The only intelligent poster is "madmug", a guy who lives in Hobart, who paid to go to the game and refutes the other posters claims.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=912944

franklin2323

Immortal
State government couldn't have organized it half as well anyway, only decent things down here are privately run (i.e. MONA museum)

That's a shame. No reason why some schools can't play the game. That's 1 thing the government can do.

The IC needs to put more development officers on the ground in all emerging states. publicity can only do so much.

Want a laugh guys?

Read the ill-informed comments on bigfooty from AFL fans.
Comments like...
* the NRL organised it as tit-for-tat against GWS (NRL had nothing to do with it)
* all tickets were given away (yeh right)
* numerous referrals to "rugby"...they have no idea and yet still feel compelled to comment
* the NRL reckons 11,000 is a great crowd (GWS in a city of 5 million got a whopping 8,000)
* North Hobart is a s**t ground. (maybe it is, so what)

The only intelligent poster is "madmug", a guy who lives in Hobart, who paid to go to the game and refutes the other posters claims.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=912944
The AFL and its fans are flat track bullies. It seems that its alright for them to play games outside their strongholds, but heaven help it if other football codes do the same.
The AFL and its fans don't like to be challenged. The best thing the NRL could do would be to play some games down there in Tassie in the regular season, and make every NRL team play 1 game in Perth a season until Perth get their own NRL club. Trust me that would really annoy them, and fatboy would be red with rage.

elbusto

Coach
The simple truth is the North Hobart Football Club deserves all the credit for this.

If the paranoid floggers at Big Footy think otherwise then, as a person intimately involved in the whole thing, I can assure you they are wrong.

The NRL were not involved at all. The Melbourne Storm Club was but North Hobart underwrote the whole venture.

I am having a celebratory drink with them next Tuesday.

We are all worn out!!!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Out of interest El did the Storm approach the footy club or other way around? Well done to everyone involved, i know from our experience in the West it is a hell of a lot of hard work needed to make it succesful and you did it with a lot less resource than we have in the WARL!

elbusto

Coach
Out of interest El did the Storm approach the footy club or other way around? Well done to everyone involved, i know from our experience in the West it is a hell of a lot of hard work needed to make it succesful and you did it with a lot less resource than we have in the WARL!
North Hobart approached the Storm. I had a beer with Kearnsy the night he spoke to them and I assured him they were a great Club and very well organised and could pull it off.

The simple truth is the North Hobart Football Club deserves all the credit for this.

If the paranoid floggers at Big Footy think otherwise then, as a person intimately involved in the whole thing, I can assure you they are wrong.

The NRL were not involved at all. The Melbourne Storm Club was but North Hobart underwrote the whole venture.

I am having a celebratory drink with them next Tuesday.

We are all worn out!!!!
Well done to all concered for putting on this game. More of the same please as soon as possible.

H.H

Juniors
Yeah this whole exercise,.....the thread, the game, the organisation, the Storm etc.....has been absolutely outstanding.

From what I'm reading the Storm and the NRL are"awake" to it and I hope they really do something about it....genuinly.

We don't have to take over the statelike the AFL think they need to do - just start pushing the game down there, grow some interest....

In 10 - 20 years, we'll then have a credible audience who watch the game, not to mention who play the game.

It's all good and there is a fantastic opportunity here.

Latest posts