What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storming in to Hobart!!!!!

Swamp

Juniors
Mate it was a fantastic bloody day. Slater had a try disallowed (incorrectly) doing a State of Origin kick through and recovery that left the crowd breathless.
This was the type of thing I hoped would be on show. Well done to El B & all involved.

elbusto

Coach
Next steps are to look at a short sharp season in the North and for Juniors in the South to test interest -6 months planning - play in October/November.

no name

Referee
Hopefully the constant presence of a development officer can continue the interest down there.
I know alot of the players in the TRL are AFL and soccer players in the winter, hopefully they encourage more to play next season. Showing the GF before the trial would have done wonders for the exposure of the local game, and the Storm and Broncs skills on show would have increased the interest.

Panfas

Juniors
the ARLC should make it a priority to get a NSW Cup team based in Tassie. correct me if I am mistaken, but there are no professional clubs based in Tassie, even AFL? Maybe not tomorrow but it would be a good step to make in a few years to keep interest. Even if the crowds are only 1k, that is 1k we are not currently getting. Melbourne V Broncos trial every year sounds good also

If the AFL want to ignore North Hobart oval then we should use it

beave

Coach
Businesses like Cascade, Cadburys or even some of the forestry mobs should be your first port of call Elb, show them that pic of the grandstand and show them the exposure they could be getting and I reckon they would be interested in either sponsoring ur local comp or at least the trial game??

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
This is a fantastic turnout, well done eb. This should result in a least one game year being played in Hobart if people have their heads on straight.

juro

Bench
Well done, ElB and anyone else involved in getting that game run. It is wonderful to see hard work rewarded. Looks like there is plenty more hard work required in the future, but you are obviously the right people for the job.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That's a shame and something that does annoy me about our game! Whilst it was great that the Nth Hobart club organised it and took that risk, it is sad that Aussie rules financially benfitted from an NRL game when the TRL could really do with money to develop the game.

Maybe next year the TRL need to do what the WARL have done and be the ones who set it up. If the ARLC underwrite it then there is no financial risk to the TRL and they at least will get to make some $'s from the game. I think WARL make around $100k from the pre season trial in perth after clubs have been paid and expenses.

Last edited:

elbusto

Coach
That's a shame and something that does annoy me about our game!

Maybe next year the TRL need to do what the WARL have done and be the ones who set it up. If the ARLC underwrite it then there is no financial risk to the TRL and they at least will get to make some $'s from the game. I think WARL make around $100k from the pre season trial in perth after clubs have been paid and expenses.
I agree. I suppose the thing fo rus that it was our first go and we are too small to manage the game with the professionalism North Hobart did.

They deserve the dollars this time in my view.

Latest posts