What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Street Bums

Jono Russell

Bench
Having to walk through Martin Place, Pitt St and George St everyday at work i see my fair share of homeless people. I often think how did they get in this situation, I don't have any time for them at all either. I think why can they not get their life together, there are programs out there to get homeless off the street.

Then I hear stories about bums actully choosing to live like that. I know that there is a bum in liverpool who is quite well off money wise and another in Kempsey that is supposedly the richest man in the town, however they still choose to live their life on the street. WHY?

Jono Russell

Bench
there is one bum in hyde park who walks past and swears and goes crazy in your face, then go and take a leak in the bush.

But hyde park is much better for the hot ladies that sun bake in summer.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
there's at least one everyday in the corner of Market and Clarence St, and also outside Town Hall station. I get to work everyday and try and avoid em.

NC

Juniors
I always walk past a few through Central station every morning.

And then there's this one homeless guy who is apparently rich but he likes living on the street?

Hellsy

Immortal
I picked up a friend at the bus depot at Central last year and when I walked to the buses this guy asked me for $2, on the way back he asked me for $5... what did the fee more than double in 10mins??? :LOL: :LOL:

Hellsy said:
I picked up a friend at the bus depot at Central last year and when I walked to the buses this guy asked me for $2, on the way back he asked me for $5... what did the fee more than double in 10mins??? :lol: :lol:

that happend to me at central, 3 times in 5 minutes!

i walkd out of the station and walked down that lane passd the kebab store, this guy (donno if he was a bum but) goes 'oh, spare 20 cent brutha' im like nah, walked into the pay phone cos i had no credit, i came out he goes 'oh, spare fitty-cent brutha' im like, nah, then 5 minutes later wen i met my mate we walked passd again and he goes 'oh, spare $2 boys?', f**kin scab merkins

Alaves

Juniors
its a way to pick up chicks,

get the bitchesto care for them, try to change them and shiit

McLovin

Staff member
I've been asked for money countless times. Though i know of only one "smart bum" . One night i was with my mates at the Krispy Kreams (just thinking about them makes me wanna drive out there now and pick me up a dozen) in the city and believe it or not he was behind me at the counter asking people for money as they where getting their change. It was the only time i've ever given a bum money.

Anyone seen the bird/bag lady who currently resides in Hurstville??

MC84 said:
I've been asked for money countless times. Though i know of only one "smart bum" . One night i was with my mates at the Krispy Kreams (just thinking about them makes me wanna drive out there now and pick me up a dozen) in the city and believe it or not he was behind me at the counter asking people for money as they where getting their change. It was the only time i've ever given a bum money.

Anyone seen the bird/bag lady who currently resides in Hurstville??

yeah see the bag lady like everyday goin home from work, whats her story, i herd heaps of diff reasons but some old lady who worked at the medical centre said some sh*t she was raped or bashed and hides herself because of it :?

McLovin

Staff member
KrypnotiK said:
yeah see the bag lady like everyday goin home from work, whats her story, i herd heaps of diff reasons but some old lady who worked at the medical centre said some sh*t she was raped or bashed and hides herself because of it :?

Don't know. Apparently she has been squating in some house one street over from St. Georges Pde. The street with the park at the end of it.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
somethingwithjohn said:
Having to walk through Martin Place, Pitt St and George St everyday at work i see my fair share of homeless people. I often think how did they get in this situation, I don't have any time for them at all either. I think why can they not get their life together, there are programs out there to get homeless off the street.

Then I hear stories about bums actully choosing to live like that. I know that there is a bum in liverpool who is quite well off money wise and another in Kempsey that is supposedly the richest man in the town, however they still choose to live their life on the street. WHY?

walk down the same streets everyday. i am worried that if i give them money, they'll recognise me the next day and want more.

There is a lady that lives in the St James station tunnel who yelled at me, i don't go there anymore :(