What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strong rumour re Tim Sheens

Willow

Assistant Moderator
big pat said:
you are still only a young pup fmutc, because in my life time saints have had a couple of excellent coaches,roy masters,harry bath,but you are right st george keep getting franklins coaches you know cheap and no frills.
Harry Bath was one of the great coaches imo.

He gobbled up Terry Fearnley in 77.
Fearnley told his players to play nice. 'The old fox' told his players to smash 'em.

big pat

Coach
and where do nice guys finish always runner up,thats why i think nathan brown will always finish in the pack, saints need some snarly bastard who will put a rocket up them.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
sheens aint the man then.

he'll get rid of anyone in the forwards over 105kgs.

anyone over 105kgs in Sheens book is unable to play at centre and five eighth, and you can't have that.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Hang on, when Daley moved from Centre to 5/8 at Canberra wasn't Sheens the coach?

Not sure about Fittler when he moved, it may have been Gould?

Sheens would be outstanding. I wish it comes off. One thing for sure. The ill disciplined players like Poore and Payne will be put in place.

Father Ted

First Grade
big pat said:
you are still only a young pup fmutc, because in my life time saints have had a couple of excellent coaches,roy masters,harry bath,but you are right st george keep getting franklins coaches you know cheap and no frills.

Don't forget Jack Gibson in 1971

Willow

Assistant Moderator
How far do you want to go back? lol

Ken Kearney is quite probably the biggest bastard that ever coached a Dragons side... and I mean that as a compliment.

Of course times have changed but Kearney never took any crap. And he certainly won more than his fair share of grand finals.

big pat

Coach
Willow said:
How far do you want to go back? lol

Ken Kearney is quite probably the biggest bastard that ever coached a Dragons side... and I mean that as a compliment.

Of course times have changed but Kearney never took any crap. And he certainly won more than his fair share of grand finals.
they didn't call him '' killer'' for his good looks.

big pat

Coach
how are you going willow, this is nothing to do with sheens, but thought you might know, saw a clip last night of final winter, a scene of a game and these guys have st george jumpers with penfolds on the back, what is that all about.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Its a movie about Newtown and their final season in the first grade.

LU helped out in a small way behind the scenes.

Last year a number of LU members gained invites to the preview (prior to final editing). I gave them a list of members to contact by PM and the invites went out from there. I understand the producers got a lot of input from them.

Being this far north, I haven't had a chance to see it yet.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
gregstar said:
i'd still be happy if david waite was coaching.

why was he punted again?
Crazy isn't it?

Waite got us to two grand finals. Andrew Farrar (another nice guy) was then seen as the best guy for the job.

At the time Waite was doing everything he could to keep Mundine. This was at odds with the club's then perception of professionalism. In fairness, it was pretty messy all round.

Add to this the pressure from Illawarra and then boom-tish, we sack our best coach and elevate his assistant.

gregstar

Referee
2000 was a f*cking awful season for us.

we lost our best player
a dude of a coach
a dude of a ceo

that was a heartbreaking season.

the loss to melbourne really f*cked everything.

Dave Q

Coach
Yes, Ainscough was a hero for mine.

In my book, Saints won that game fair and square and I refuse to recognise the official result.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dave are you going to submit anything for the Bluebags F7s run? Or have you retired?

gorilla

First Grade
Retire ?

What, his car ?

Prime of 'is yoof ....

He'll be submitting Sunday evening !

Dave Q

Coach
Yeah, I think I'll submit Sunday evening.

Ive had a really gruelling week.

Couldnt even get to the Jim.

Dave Q

Coach
Willow said:
And I hear Jim misses you mate.

Oiling up the machines, lathering up the rowing machine...stretch Jim,....mmmmm, (cough) maybe not so far.

Too much information.

Here comes Jim's lovely sister, the one who loses 2 calories after 2 hours of jogging cos she's got the machine on downhill mode.

She likes Ralph, Ralph likes Angela and Angela likes Jim!