What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strong Rumour

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
us v them :lol:

players sometimes actually want to look elsewhere, somewhere they think they would get either more money or more game time. players get pushed cause they are of no worth to the team...it happens in all teams, get over it.

Iafeta

Referee
Dirty Hoe said:
us v them :lol:

players sometimes actually want to look elsewhere, somewhere they think they would get either more money or more game time. players get pushed cause they are of no worth to the team...it happens in all teams, get over it.

So you think 10-11 odd in a year or so period is the norm?

I.... don't.... think.... so. Name me another club that has just culled or had leave THAT many players.

1-2 perhaps, understandable. 10-11? Dreaming if you think its just coincidence. Notice hardly any left during 2001-2002? Wonder why?

Put yourself in the boots of a current player, lets say, Louis Anderson. Would he feel that confident about how his workplace was managed currently? Like hell he would. Big brother's got the shaft, big brother's telling me the club are p!ssed at us for going on the Kiwis tour, management aren't saying much to deny it - hmmmmm. Let me think. Who do I trust? Vinnie? Or Mick? But I mustn't talk amongst my mates, hang, that'd be unusual to discuss things with my mates who I happen to play with as well. That sort of thing would never happen - no, I'll keep it all to myself.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
who have they signed, bud? do you think they could have signed those players without releasing even half of the players that they did....NO!! there is a salary cap you know!!

and as far as i know, vinnie when to the club, told that club he wished to not extend his contract and look elsewhere. once he realised the quality players inwhich the warriors had signed, he went back on his word to leave and wanted to sign again, too me that is too late my friend. he also had a hip injury, which the warriors doctors said needed to be rested, the warriors requested that he not go on tour, but vinnie ignored them and went anyway...

Iafeta

Referee
Price and Wiki. Oh but hang on, the Warriors "reliably" inform us they are on $350K each a year. Byrne and Fein are on buckleys, $80K each?

So that's $860K.

The players that they have got rid of are worth far more than that, Seu Seu was a high ranking Kiwi when he resigned - he'd be on a good wicket, Lauitiiti was a sensation when he resigned, Marsh was a sensation when he resigned, Tony was a test player last time he signed, Tookey was a shandy off Origin when he resigned and had offers from Queensland rah-rah, Fa'afili was a test player when resigned, Anderson was a test player when resigned.

Either Stacey's on like $1.4 million, or the $350K line they've tried to spoon feed us (Oh Rube's come home for family only, Pricey's offer wasn't much better than the Dogs he just wanted a "change") is a crock of rubbish, or the Warriors are miles under the cap and who they've just dumped is quite irrelevant.

Vinnie told the club that he wouldn't have resigned after 2005, Jerry Seu Seu said the same last year. Point is, Vinnie still had a contract in 2005 and it was his prerogrative what he did after. The club is in no position to hold a player to ransom for his future interests. Stacey is going to retire after '06, are we going to cut him halfway through because it suits us perhaps? Logan Swann was told midway through '03 the club didn't want him, did he do a Warriors and sit out the rest of the year?

Vinnie's hip injury was the same since 2003 when he played for the Kiwis. The Warriors wanted to have him in for surgery, he was told he didn't need it and would be fine for the new season. Vinnie missed the last game, according to the Warriors, due to a viral condition. No mention of his hip playing up. Which one is it? The Warriors are a lying pack of sycophants who can't be fecked telling the truth, or Vinnie's hip isn't that bad? He's also coincidentally ready to play this weekend for London, so I'm sure it isn't that bad.

Note, Craig Gower's club told him they wished him to stay behind, he went on the tour, do Penrith ax him now???????

ozbash

Referee
vinnie when to the club, told that club he wished to not extend his contract and look elsewhere. once he realised the quality players inwhich the warriors had signed, he went back on his word to leave and wanted to sign again,

not so.
vinnie has a year left on his contract ( 05) and was looking for a new club for then,, he stated that he looked forward to playing with price and wiki THIS year.

thats not why he is leaving,,
he was told that if he went with the kiwis on the tri-series his future wasnt particularly rosy with the warriors and he would be lucky to get any gametime this year.(which hes contracted for)..

he was stabbed in the back,, "play for your country vincent my boy and the club wants no part of you."

drammatic enough ?

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
whats the point in arguing this point, really...no one knows the facts outside the players and the club itself. feel free to bag the club, until they start winning, then you jump on the bandwagon.

too many on here are drama queens, too quick to jump up and down on em, but then you are patting their backs when they are doing well.

Iafeta

Referee
Rubbish. Drama Queens? Don't be so paranoid, look at what the heck has happened. And not just this once, but consistently. You want drama? "Something is wrong in the state of Denmark", there you go, and if the shoe fits, so be it. If this was the first inkling of trouble with honouring contracts, so be it, but its not. Its about the 11th in a year. Thats a shocking sign of the clubs affairs, regardless of what the truth is - whether the players jump (then we have an unhappy culture and therefore a culture that can't win a premiership because they're worried about other things), or if they're pushed then players do not trust management and again have other things on their mind such as long term security and honouring of their deals.

Jump on the bandwagon? I've been a supporter of this club since the idea was first mooted by the ARL. I feel I'm entitled to have feelings about the goings on at the club, good or bad. I'm not closed off to reality.

What's happened is a travesty, and the investors in this club - the people who buy the tickets, the crappy merchandise, are fully entitled to have their opinion.

Iafeta

Referee
Because you keep asking the same silly questions or having the same "She'll be right" nothings happening thoughts? :roll:

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I fully agree with Hoe dog, and I don't see how Hoe is being paranoid, he is just calling you people for what you are. Personally, I would have called you a bunch of whinging hippies.

Down with management, man!!! Come on, give me a break. :roll:

Oh how quickly you all forget it was Mic & co. who pulled off the masterstroke of signing Price then Wiki. Management will keep on getting rid of the unwanted until this team becomes a competitive machine. It's just a hangover from last season.

I feel Management have another plan up their sleeves, so I wouldn't keep crying about it if I were some of you.

Skinner

Coach
NZ Warrior said:
I feel Management have another plan up their sleeves, so I wouldn't keep crying about it if I were some of you.

Jayus...I can't wait.

Still, as long as the plan includes an exit interview with Mr Arrogance,
I'll be happy...

ozbash

Referee
bunch of whinging hippies.
wots wrong with hippies ?

he is just calling you people for what you are.

no hes not, he,s jumping to pre set conclusions,, he is so blind in his faith for the mighties, he cant/refuses to see.

masterstroke of signing Price then Wiki

let you know in sept about that one,, they are both reputed to be the goods but good back up is quickly being sent over to england.

It's just a hangover from last season.
time for an asprin then- sack mick.

so I wouldn't keep crying about it if I were some of you

ok, i,ll try and be brave :cry:

was just thinking this morning about the boys who got the heave from the club (ie mick watson),, all were fairly quiet, unassuming , religious sorts of guys...

watsons a f**king bully.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
ill just let ozbash talk for me, apparently he knows how i think :?

i realise there is a problem...but im not going to get my knickers in a twist over it, things happen, things will sort themselves out eventually.

i guess it gives you guys something exciting to talk about in your dull lives.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I think Vinnie is an ok player, but his 2004 season was horribly overhyped and the main thing I remember him doing is repeatedly dropping the ball

Nevertheless I find the way the club has handled this very disappointing. And with Vinnie gone a whole season of Toopi looks worryingly likely.

Latest posts