What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strong Rumour

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
On one hand I can understand ther club wanting to release him, as our player roster is pretty unbalanced at the moment, we had Guttenbeil, Wiki, both Anderson bros, Lauaki, Faumuina, Betham, Koopu and Te Mata all competing for a spot in the back row while our backline looks decidedly thin. However I'm extrememly unhappy with the way the club seems to have handles the whole thing, it really sounds like the guy has been given the run-around in the last fewe months. Someone from the club needs to front with answers and soon, although I won't hold my breath.

JoeD

First Grade
There was no response to Anderson's comments and there would not be any, club spokesman Richard Becht said.

From the NZ herald

Says it all really

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
vinnie went to the warriors last year and said he didnt want to extend his contract and wanted to look elsewhere.

vinnie obviously changed his mind after seeing who the warriors has signed, but if a player says he wants to leave, then so be it, you cant change your mind.

i think its his own fault.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Dirty Hoe said:
vinnie went to the warriors last year and said he didnt want to extend his contract and wanted to look elsewhere.

vinnie obviously changed his mind after seeing who the warriors has signed, but if a player says he wants to leave, then so be it, you cant change your mind.

i think its his own fault.
Given the number of quality second rowers at the club, that would seem to place him in a precarious situation.

I am not overly sad that he is going its just the way it gets handled. We all know its professional sport and that these things occur but the club needs to get these things right and handloe them properly and professionally. They are not running an under 14 kids team but thats what trhey seem like. Under 14 management

playdaball said:
Sad thing ATM..

With the season about to kick off in around 1 month, 2 RL stories dominating the media:
1, VA scandl
2, Crackers taking the Storm to court

I thought that 2005 was going to be different!

And the refs playing spin the bottle
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grantwhy

Juniors
JoeD said:
* All Warriors have had it in written into their contracts that they MUST put club before country

Is it within International RL rules to write this into contracts?

I think it might fall under the NZRL rules?

I know for the Australian players, their clubs can't rule them injured and unable to play International matches, it is up to the Australian team's medical staff to do that.

If that (club before country) is true than the Warriors are not only going to have a backlash from the fans, the players are also going to have problems with it?

perhaps, they already have :? ?

ozbash

Referee
I know for the Australian players, their clubs can't rule them injured and unable to play International matches

well they can with kiwis playing in aussie clubs,, ie, matty utai, tony puletua, joe guluvao..

oh thats right,,, the aussies make the rules :roll:

Iafeta

Referee
This completely and utterly wrenches my heart out.

Its Kiwis first and foremost. No other way.

If this goose running the club doesn't leave, there'll be a lot of fans seriously considering their support and loyalty. I feel dirty by the whole thing. Its an absolute outrage.

My faith in rugby league is soured badly by this - I come from a rah-rah family, and thankfully for those still associated with it they don't seem to get this sort of club/country tripe. I think this game of ours in New Zealand has so much damn potential, but we keep ruining it. Is continuing to support it like beating a dead horse? If we can't help ourselves or trust ourselves, who can we trust?

The club has been dirtied too many times of late.

Iafeta

Referee
Lauitiiti, Marsh, Anderson, Leuluai, Jobson, Sullivan, Mellars, Tookey, Murphy, Fa'afili, Perenara have all had their contracts terminated in the past 12 months. Motu Tony the year before.

Some left through unhappiness, others pushed. Christ, 1-2 I can understand, Sullivan I can understand, the others are just shameful. Why are so many unhappy? Why are so many pushed? Why are we holding secretive talks and then backstabbing our key asset - our players and our fans?

Its not that bad? I think the club could dive head first off the top of the Seers Tower into a blazing 40 foot thumb tack and be in better shape. This is crisis time.

Iafeta

Referee
You think we're in a happy campers mood at the moment? I'm sure the lads are excited about another one being shafted. Who's next? They'll be playing Wheel of "Who's gonna get shafted by Micko". No one will trust management, and it'll become them v us. Juniors will want security and hence look elsewhere if they're good enough - yep, I'd say we're in a crisis myself.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
do you know the facts? or are you just going off what the media is telling you...i would guess the latter.

until then i would just sit back and hope they can perform this year and actually win some games.

Iafeta

Referee
Count 'em: Lauitiiti, Marsh, Jobson, Sullivan, Perenara, Mellars, Tookey, Murphy, Fa'afili, Anderson, Leuluai, Tony

You don't need to know all the warts and all facts. All you need to know is thats a sh!tload of bad moves. If the players are asking for releases because they're unhappy - why? Whats wrong with the culture and if thats the case they won't win a premiership. If they're being pushed - gee, happy times in the camp. Them v Us never works. No trust, no harmony.

I'd hate to think its either, but its got to be one for so many players to be have been culled of late.

Iafeta

Referee
Coincidentally, Becht telling the media the Warriors have no comments is a pretty damning indictment on the whole situation. That says, we've got something to hide fellas - we all know what it means, when I was working in the media if you got an answer like that it confirmed your assertions were spot on.

Latest posts