What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strongest 2004 team

BlueandGoldDust

Juniors
OMG I cant belive that not one person has put down the Kiwi Moiri Rep from the world cup. He is without doubt the BEST buy you guys made this season, he will kill it if he's selected in the top grade. Big Kylie Leuluai will be one of the top props going around next year. He didnt get enough time on the field last season, but killed it when he did.

You guys also have scooter, i doubt he will play top grade, but he'll be one of your best in reggies next season too.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
scooter = nathan hollingsworth in case you were confused...

play all the parra boys, you guys'll go great guns!! :lol: :lol:
Hexy, Kylie, Scotty... they'll be some of your best...

and here's to Scotty getting top tryscorer! 8)

Routy21

Juniors
If that’s your full strength side for 2004, looks like its going to be another long season for the boys out at brookie!

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Thanx for that valuable input Routy21 :roll:

We have improved our team 10 fold for the 2004 season.

We have bought some solid forwards (Heckenberg/Donnelly/Leuluai), quick backs (Chris Hicks/Walker) and creative halves (Mullane/Monaghan/Walker)

Our main problem last year was defence (we have dropped a lot of dead wood that were the main culprits) if we improve on that then we can do anything!

Manly to finish 5th in 2004 :D

The Whippet

Juniors
I think there strongest 17 is as follows:

1. A. Walker
2. S. Donald
3. K. McGuinness
4. A. Torrens
5. C. Hicks
6. M. Monoghan
7. M. Lennon
8. J. King
9. C. Randall
10. D. Heckenberg
11. S. Haumono
12. J. Hopoate
13. S. Menzies
14. A. Watmough
15. S. Dunley
16. I. Donnelly
17. D. Rennie

Disco

Bench
lukem88 said:
I think there strongest 17 is as follows:

1. A. Walker
2. S. Donald
3. K. McGuinness
4. A. Torrens
5. C. Hicks
6. M. Monoghan
7. M. Lennon
8. J. King
9. C. Randall
10. D. Heckenberg
11. S. Haumono
12. J. Hopoate
13. S. Menzies

14. A. Watmough
15. S. Dunley
16. I. Donnelly
17. D. Rennie
Not a bad sise there, not to sure about throwing Lennon in the deep end, and i'd definantly have harris and williamson there, they were two of our best last year

The Whippet

Juniors
Yeah I would love to have them in the side but I am a strong believe in have 2 props on the bench and none of those players mentioned by you are props.

Disco

Bench
lukem88 said:
Yeah I would love to have them in the side but I am a strong believe in have 2 props on the bench and none of those players mentioned by you are props.
1. A. Walker/Stewart
2. S. Donald
3. K. McGuinness
4. A. Torrens
5. C. Hicks
6. Mullane/Walker
7. M Monaghan
8. J. King
9. C. Randall
10. D. Heckenberg
11. S. Haumono
12. S. Harris
13. S. Menzies

14. A. Watmough
15. J. Hoppoate
16. I. Donnelly
17. L. Williamson

18.S. Dunley

one prop on the bench and Solo can be shifted to prop at will

simon says

First Grade
I like your backrow if its Hoppa/Haumono and Menzies,thats as good as any team in the comp(if Hoppa can keep his head together).And Donald really is a flyer and a hell of a buy.But thats about it IMHO.

But the rest of your team looks a bit of a worry.Untried halves,some softies out wide in defense(re Buddha),no name props who try hard but donty really offer more than working clysdedales.

And you guys shafted your best player in Ferris....I feel a bit sorry for him,busted his arse and really geed the team up and then....bye bye,for an ex rugby star and a reserve grade Canberra player.And Dorn gone as well,I cant believe you got rid of him......could be another Orford IMHO.

Its these reasons I think you will struggle next year,but good luck to ya.

Disco

Bench
simon says said:
I a reserve grade Canberra player.And Dorn gone as well,I cant believe you got rid of him......could be another Orford IMHO.
How can u describe Monas as a reserve grader and Dorn as the next Orford???

I'd take Mona's and day of the week

simon says

First Grade
Errrr,because he played in reserve grade.Look he may be a good player,but he isnt a proven 80 minuter like Ferris was.

And on Dorn,I meant he COULD be a loss like Orford who you blokes discarded for a 600k import.I think Dorn could be a star,just my opinion of course.

creagles

Juniors
stewart
Donald
Mcguinness
Torrens
Hicks
Walker
Monaghan

Menzies
Watmough
Haumono
Donnely
Randall
king

BENCH
Hoppa
Williams
Heckenburg
Mullane

Besides lack of props(not my fault im not on the manly board) there is no weakness 2 this team

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
simon says said:
Errrr,because he played in reserve grade.Look he may be a good player,but he isnt a proven 80 minuter like Ferris was.

And on Dorn,I meant he COULD be a loss like Orford who you blokes discarded for a 600k import.I think Dorn could be a star,just my opinion of course.

Mona’s started the year playing in 1st Grade, but then had his arm broken so then had to sit in reserve grade. That gives me a little bit of confidence knowing that he has played at teh top INCLUDING finals footy

simon says

First Grade
Well the night he got his JAW broken he was a replacement....the starting halves were the midget from Parra and Mclinden.

I read a post that your side doesnt have any weaknesses.Well thats optimism for ya,Ill give ya that.Let me give youa dose of realism.

Buddha cant tackle,and that is scarey in the centres where you have a lot of work to do.Your FB,half and 5/8 are unknown quantites in first grade.And your front row is no frills to say the least.

I regard FB,5/8,halfback anf the front row as your key positions and you have question marks over all of them IMHO.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
I didn’t say we don’t have any weaknesses.

Centres are our major weakness IMHO. Fullback will be A.Walker who is a gun! No problems there. Halves good pose a problem, but i have watched both Mullane and Monaghan play and I don’t see any major flaws in their game. Our forwards will include hoppa and beaver to go along with the young guys, so I don’t see that as a weakness.

Disco

Bench
Gould selected King in his 33 man Origin squad, hardly no frills
Haumono, may possibly be used at prop and he is 113KGs runs 100m in 11secs and has only 7% body fat
Donnelly and Heckenberg are young and improving

Cleal is a Aussie schoolboys rep and Rennie is a junior Kiwi rep

now its not the best front row in the comp, but i wouldn't call it a weakness

Walker is a dual international and u call him a weakness at fullback????? we also have young Brett Stewart at fullback who has been tagged the best junior at Manly since Fulton

Centres are a weakness i'll give u that

And the halves are inexperienced at the top level, however Sterling and Meniga reckon Monas will be the buy of the year, anf John Raper reckons Mullane was one of the Sharkies best ever juniors, so there is promise in the halves

As for ur praise of Ferris, yes the guy was a great cheerleader and we all loved the guy, he was never really one who was going to lead us to glory

simon says

First Grade
At least you guys are prepared to debate the subject without getting nasty and good luck to you for that.

Even though I wish you all the luck for next year,in my heart I thiunk you guys will struggle,but what do I know eh???

Cheers.