What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strongest ODI Side

aussies1st

Staff member
Hilfy is still a big problem, no change up, every ball is 140ks, far too predictable, and he is not really swinging the ball so he is just feeding them half valleys atm.

He was swinging the ball just wasn't dangerous, probably needs a ball that goes straight on to make his swinging ball less predictable. And he bowled lots of slower balls it was more his accuracy which let him down.

beads6

First Grade
AS good as Katich is I think Hughes is the man if they want a proper batsmen to open the batting in One day cricket.. I think the selectors need to pick a player who will definitely be around in the next world cup. Clarke and Marsh opening is probably the best bet. With any luck Marsh can find some of his IPL form and hit quicker runs in the 50 over version of the game.

beads6

First Grade
Hilfenhaus is garbage TBH how has he become a regular in the one day games is beyond me. The state of the Australian domestic comp must be poor if our bowling stocks are this low.

hilfenhaus isn't garbage but he's a better bowler in the longer form of the game

we really do miss watson and symonds ... if everyone was fit i think our team is pretty strong

Watson
Marsh
Ponting
Clarke
Symonds
M Hussey
Haddin
White
Hopes
Bracken
Clark

the weak link is white ... i guess he stays because there is no one else but if he was able to come in with 5/10 overs to go with a platform already laid he'd probably still be handy, but still the weak link ...

this team gives us 4 quicks, the spin of symonds and clarke if needed and if really needed the tweak of hussey and we don't lose out on our batting

this team would not have fallen 30 runs short every time against south africa and the bowlers definately wouldn't have been used like net bowlers

Bazal

Post Whore
Yup...Ronchi over Haddin :p

Anyways, Travis Birt just gets better IMO. 90 odd off 60 odd in a shortened match vs the Vics, I'd have him in Dussey's spot

Michael Clarke
Brad Haddin
Ricky Ponting
Shaun Marsh
Andrew Symonds
Mike Hussey
Shane Watson
James Hopes
Mitchell Johnson
Brett Lee
Nathan Bracken

Dutchy

Immortal
Clarke
Haddin
Ponting
Ferguson
Marsh
Hussey
Watson
Hopes
Johnson
Bracken
Clarke

For Tuesday night against NZ...

1. Clarke
2. Haddin
3. Ponting
4. D.Hussey
5. Ferguson
6. M.Hussey
7. Hopes
8. Johnson
9. Bracken
10. Hilfenhaus/Siddle
11. McGain

aussies1st

Staff member
Clarke
Haddin
Ponting
Ferguson/Marsh
Voges/Symonds
Hussey
Watson
Heal
Hopes
Bracken
Hilfenhaus/Tait/Lee/Johnson

If Watson can't bowl then swap Hopes with him and play 2 of Hilfenhaus/Tait/Lee/Johnson.

Bazal

Post Whore
Heal is a must I reckon. Or at the very least Doherty. We miss having a genuine spinner, Heal is a very good OD spinner and can bat too. I believe he just scored over a third of the WACAs runs vs SA...

aussies1st

Staff member
Heal has been doing that a bit too. He also can hit them pretty well from the scorecards I see. Always has a few 6s next to his name and he is the leading spinner this season. Won't say no to Doherty either.

JJ

Immortal
tbh none of the combinations above look terribly strong - #3 or #4 in the world in both forms of the game (tough at home of course) - the bowling attacks look very ordinary

Latest posts