What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuart & Australian players claim conspiracy & stitch-up

typicalfan

Coach
meh meh meh meh meh

Jack Gibson in my mind the best coach of all time would have considered the spray Sticky gave as getting off lightly.

Sticky coaches like he played, ultra competitive and strong opinioned. Its what made him a great halfback and what made him able to play through pain barriers most players would cringe at.

Loudstrat

Coach
Gibbo would have NEVER carried on like a pork chop the way Stuart did. He would have politely written a letter to the IRB outlining the referees mistakes, and gave a curt one liner to Slater who, three weeks later worked out what it meant, would have been devestated.

Gibbo would have NEVER carried on like a pork chop the way Stuart did. He would have politely written a letter to the IRB outlining the referees mistakes, and gave a curt one liner to Slater who, three weeks later worked out what it meant, would have been devestated.
The IRB???? I think you mean the RLIF, the difference being the IRB are the governing body of Rugby UNION and the RLIF the governing body of international Rugby League.....Muppet

Loudstrat

Coach
Yeah ok. My bad. You know who I meant. :lol:

Anyway, Jack may have sent it to the IRB. He did have Altzheimers.

screeny

Bench
The day the sanctity of the match official is lost to our game is the day our game is lost.

Imagine the scene, repeated at several amateur and kids RL matches all over the place, where parents and coaches go around calling the ref a "f**king cheat" or a "merkin" as they're so hyped after watching their son play or something?

The comments by the ARL members backing Stuart are as big a disgrace as the comments themselves and a sign just how unfit for its task the ARL is.

Stuart has to be excoriated and then sacked. He must.

The day the sanctity of the match official is lost to our game is the day our game is lost.

Imagine the scene, repeated at several amateur and kids RL matches all over the place, where parents and coaches go around calling the ref a "f**king cheat" or a "merkin" as they're so hyped after watching their son play or something?

The comments by the ARL members backing Stuart are as big a disgrace as the comments themselves and a sign just how unfit for its task the ARL is.

Stuart has to be excoriated and then sacked. He must.

Nailed it in one.

Loudstrat

Coach
Petero showing himself as everything that Stuart, Gallen and some of the others aren't.

Class.

I'm going to make the call - painful as it is, but true.

All the crap has come from the NSW part of the team. The Queenslanders, like Petero above, Heather in his embarrasment, Slater owning up to his gaffe etc, all took it on the chin.

Stuart and Gallen were utterly disgraceful and unsportsmanlike. This year, and the reson for this glorious world cup, was a celebration of 100 years of RL in Australia. Men like Raper, Churchill, Beetson, Provan and Gasnier were feted. I recall the 1978 French tour. France won the first test with a horribly biased home referee. Captain Fulton whinged. Then France won the second test again with a hopelessly biased referee, and claimed the series. Fulton congratulated them, and said the best side won. The players that forged the great heritage of that jersey did so not only with skill, but with pride and dignity.

Stuart and Gallen have f**cked it, juyst when that jumper has taken on national significance, not just NSW and QLD. And Geoff Carr, another NSWelshman, has too. "Ricky's me mate, so I'll stick by him". Then the ARL board.

Pity the ARL board didn't consist of Sterlo, Junior, Big Artie, Big Mal, Turvey and the Crow. Men of honour, not the old mates act with their heads up their arse.

NSW have been piloted by the whinging Bellamy and Stuart, with the more reasonable Muzza in between. No wonder QLD own us at origin, with sh*t attitudes like that.

With the comments by ARL officials and the dawdling way in which the investigation is being done, the broom and carpet are well and truly out.

Can't see why the investigation should take more than a few hours. Whats the bullsh*t about people being on leave? Thats bullsh*t, hoping that memories will fade, people will calm down and it will all conveniently go away. Everyone involved has a mobile no matter where they are (well almost), get them all on a conference call - bingo, facts all gathered and decision agreed within a few hours.

Latest posts