What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuart & Australian players claim conspiracy & stitch-up

The Clan

Juniors
The thing about the decisions made by the officials is that if you listen to the Australian cmmentators, Lewis, Gould, Sterling, they are all saying penalty try etc.

Ganson was'nt alone in his beleif that this was the correct decision

Steve Davy

Juniors
It is embarrasing that these few individuals have reacted like this. However, aside from them, I am genuinely impressed (and a touch surprised, excuse me), by how well the Aussies have taken it.

Having been to Australia, I have a suspision that many in England get an unfairly negative image of the Aussies. They get a large number of people from Oz who feel obliged to travel, but spend their time in England whining about not having tim-tams. It is nice to be reminded that they are not representative.

gaterooze

Bench
By playing PNG and Fiji in our last two games prior to the final may not have had us as match hardened as the Kiwis

I don't buy that excuse from Stuart. These guys have been playing since March, how much more hardened do they need to get? If they're not good enough to keep up the energy after two "easy" games, then they don't deserve to win a World Cup.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
No tact, no grace, no sportsmanship. That is Ricky Stuart and is why I will never support the Australian Rugby League side whilst he is coaching it.

He is an embarrassment and a sham. The entire ARL is.

Bigfella

Coach
Blocker Roach resigned from the NSW staff because of an off the cuff remark he tosseda t Tony Archer immediately after SOO III. The media was unanimous in reporting that he would have been sacked if he hadn't jumped.

Ricky is reported to have done worse, to three or four different officials, including uo to 24 hours after the game. As national coach he is in a position of far greater responsibility.

Sanctions?

If he escapes with only losing the Roos job he can think himself very lucky.

His actions are one of the worst pieces of advertisement for the game in recent years IMO. Far worse than young blokes doing silly things on the turps.

He is conveying a message that winning is so important that standards of behaviour after the game and conventions of respect and behaviour after losing are dispensable.

As a long retired ex player and national coach his behavious is up there with the most embarrassing I have seen from a member of the rugby league community in recent years.

Kudos to Klein for not putting one on Stuart's chin in the Hotel foyer.He deserved it bigtime.FFS fancy abusing an official the day after the game at the Hotel..Stuart is a serial whinger,and has been for a long time.Remember his days at the chooks.Nearly after every loss he blamed the Refs.What a shock is was to the rugby league public to hear Stuart blaming the officials yet again.All the other rugby league countries around the world must cracking up at this sore loser.He has to go,he has brought the international game into disrepute.

Nz

Juniors
Disagreed. That's my only real complaint - I still think there was enough doubt that Slater would've gotten to the ball. He can definitely motor. I believe it should've been a penalty and Monas sent off. Same result undoubtedly - in fact, the Kiwis would've beaten us by more if we only had 12 men on the park from then.

Penalty try has to be given only when a blatant act of foul play has stopped a certain try. That was anything but certain IMO, but it changed absolutely nothing in the end.

Sticky, you're a f**king embarrassment. We were beaten by a conspiracy? Puh-lease. We were beaten by a Kiwi team with 10 times the amount of passion and self-belief than we had, end of story.

There was enough doubt that hohaia could have dropped the ball, there was enough doubt that slater could have missed the ball, there was enough doubt that the ball could have rolled out

who knows?

The fact is that Monaghan illegitimately stopped a try scoring opportunity, and because it was a professional foul, there was no doubt in my mind that it was a penalty try.

Pass the Ball

Juniors
There was enough doubt that hohaia could have dropped the ball, there was enough doubt that slater could have missed the ball, there was enough doubt that the ball could have rolled out

who knows?

The fact is that Monaghan illegitimately stopped a try scoring opportunity, and because it was a professional foul, there was no doubt in my mind that it was a penalty try.

What a strange post...

If above is what you believe, then it should only have been a penalty with Monas in the bin for 10...

I could live with either..

Thems the rules..

adamkungl

Immortal
Is anyone surprised that this is coming from Stuart and Gallen? f**king germs. Sack Stuart, and fine both of them. You don't need to sack Gallen from the side, without Stuart as coach he wouldn't go near the fkin side

Iafeta

Referee
What a strange post...

If above is what you believe, then it should only have been a penalty with Monas in the bin for 10...

Thems the rules..

Only if you don't understand the rules and how it is policed.

The video referee does not take into account the likelihood of the attacking player catching the ball or dropping the ball. He looks purely at who is most likely to in his opinion be in a better position to take control of possession... everything that happens after that is coincidental. The rugby league ball can bounce every which but how, nothing is a certainty and if we followed the notion that we should account for if players catch or drop the ball potentially etc, you'd never find a means to stop illegal plays that stop strong try scoring opportunities.

shiznit

Coach
i havent read all the posts but does anyone think its ironic that gallen's talking about stitch ups... i bet his backrow team mate Lafranci finds it really ironic...

Nz

Juniors
What a strange post...

Thems the rules..

All i was saying is that of course other outcomes could have occurred had the play continued. No one in their right mind could be certain that Hohaia would have scored the try.

I reckon that Stuart's actions go so far to the integrity of the game that the ARL/RLIF failing to take severe action would make them a complete joke (even more than they already are).

I think as a minimum the RLIF should ban Stuart from any official capacity (ie coaching, playing, water boy, etc) for at least a year. This ban should apply to all leagues affiliated with the RLIF, including the ARL and hence NRL. They should throw the book at him.

If the ARL had any balls, Stuart would have been stood aside pending investigation, if not sacked outright, already.

pnub

Juniors
RICKY Stuart's job as Australia coach is safe - despite the international federation launching an independent investigation into his abuse of World Cup final referee Ashley Klein.
NSW-based ARL directors emphatically backed Stuart to be returned as Kangaroos coach in 2009.
The International Federation has appointed Rob Webber, SC, to conduct the investigation into claims Stuart abused Klein and Stuart Cummings, the RFL's controller of referees, in the Holiday Inn foyer the morning after the final, won 34-20 by New Zealand.
Webber will collect statements this week, with the matter to be heard under the World Cup organising committee's code of conduct.
Angry at Klein's refereeing performance, Stuart allegedly called him a "f...ing cheat".
But The Daily Telegraph has been told Stuart's position is secure.
"You have to understand Ricky's passion. He just needs to take a few deep breaths," said ARL board member John Chalk.
"But I haven't got a problem with Ricky and I know the others think the same. You only had to watch him as a player to see how passionate he was. Ricky has to calm himself down but he was only sticking up for his players."
Fellow ARL director Terry Quinn added: "It was a brain snap but we'll support Ricky through this. I am a big supporter of Ricky Stuart - he is good for the game."
Board member and Cronulla chairman Barry Pierce was another to back the former NSW and Australian halfback. "He has my 100 per cent support," Pierce said. "I don't know all the facts but he is our coach."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24706891-5016947,00.html

If that article is accurate it just goes to prove what a complete and utter joke the ARL is.
Ricky alledgedly calls the ref a “f**king cheat” 10 hours after the game is over and by all accounts even accused the boss of the ARL of match fixing and all is ok because he was just showing his passion for the game. He can keep his job and the ARL will hope they can just sweep the entire episode under the carpet.
Will be interesting to see this backfires on the ARL in the future when they have the next drive to increase Ref numbers. When the national coach has set the standard on how to treat a ref if you don’t like the outcome of the match, just abuse him as much as you like as long as you tell people it was your passion for the game that caused you to do it.
You know you’re in trouble when Giddy up Gallop comes off as a better and more decisive leader than you. With Bellamy it took what about 12 hours for him to be on national TV dealing out a $50,000 fine. Then again I suppose saying that the judiciary members passed on information to betting agencies is much worse than flat out calling a ref a cheat and by implication a match fixer.

Latest posts