What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuart new Aussie coach, Murray new NSW coach

melon....

Coach
dodge said:
Any Roosters player selected for NSW except for maybe Minichiello based on 2005 form.
Considering there are no Dirty Dogs worthy of any rep spots Id say thats fair!

Carlito

Juniors
TRANSLATION said:
Not to get picked for SOO, yet single handedly, cost them a place in the 8 LOL.

It makes perfect sense to me. Just because he's not one of the top two centres in the game doesn't mean he wasn't first choice and a crucial player at the roosters.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
melon.... said:
Considering there are no Dirty Dogs worthy of any rep spots Id say thats fair!

Based on 2005 form, the only player who deserved rep selection was Roy Asotasi.

simon says

First Grade
Ricky Stuart.....has a team chock full of reps.His team doesnt even make the top 8,and he gets picked as the Oz coach.....

Im intruiged.

Knightmare

Coach
I think Sticky would be a good change for coach- unless the Gimp becomes the halfback, then Australia might as well just play overseas as part of a holiday :roll:

simon says said:
Ricky Stuart.....has a team chock full of reps.His team doesnt even make the top 8,and he gets picked as the Oz coach.....

Im intruiged.

Are you deliberately ignoring the 3 seasons previous to that or do you just naturally have memory problems? But of course, "only" winning 1/3 premierships is hopeless and it's better to miss the 8 or get knocked out in the semi's as opposed to actually playing in 3 consecutive grand finals :roll:

TRANSLATION said:
yes Baby.. im back for today onleeeee.

Thank God for that, wanker.

OVP

Coach
TRANSLATION said:
Crying Ryan Cross was overlooked by Stuart, as he was by Gus, yet had he been around, Ricky says, they make the 8 LOL.. Must be something special then.

Not to get picked for SOO, yet single handedly, cost them a place in the 8 LOL.

Super coach.. Coaches the Roosters minimal injuries this season, possibly there best injury run since the year they won the Claytons Grand Final.

yet they could not make the TOP 8. Yet they pay more for their players than any other club.

overpaid Hacks. Over rated..

yes Baby.. im back for today onleeeee.

:lol: Ahhh good to see you back mate. I must admit we missed you :)

We being us Roosters fans ... and it took a Roosters-related thread to drag StGillaMan back from the dead :)

Hey btw Harry came over the other weekend and showed us his two tennis ball sized tumours on his Chest and Hip. But they cant do anything for him because he's too fit... STILL !!

LOL the guy will last another 20 years, i bet :) He's too tough to bring down ... be proud mate, he loves the Saints more than anything (apart from family) :)

Canard

Immortal
Interesting ramifications for NSW.

Muzz and Gould aren't exactly "mates". And eventhough Stinky has been the NSW coach, Gould has still been heavily involved.

Anasta must also be sweating, a MASSIVE reason he signed with the Roosters was because of Ricky's NSW Coaching Spot and its possible "assitance" in selection rooms.

Steelers4eva

Juniors
Canard said:
Interesting ramifications for NSW.

Muzz and Gould aren't exactly "mates". And eventhough Stinky has been the NSW coach, Gould has still been heavily involved.

Anasta must also be sweating, a MASSIVE reason he signed with the Roosters was because of Ricky's NSW Coaching Spot and its possible "assitance" in selection rooms.

Yes Canard,
I don't think Muzz will be taking too much advice from Gus . You would assume the only Roosters safe in the SOO team will be Mini and Fitzgibbon. Muzz has strong links with Barrett from the Illawarra days so Anasta must already be on thin ice. Muzz will bring some good insight to the blues on a few of the players he has at the Cowboys as well like Bowen, Thurston etc.

The Observer

Staff member
Under Graham Murray, Ryan Cross, Luke O'Donnell and Glen Morrison could all have a better chance of making the NSW team.

Potential new City coaches could include (based on being products of Sydney RL):
John Cartwright
Ivan Cleary (neither have much NRL experience though)
Stuart Raper
Tim Sheens

Brown, Folkes, Hasler, McRae (I think) and Smith are all from the Country originally and the City/NSWRL board would probably pick on that basis of origin.

Sheens would have to be the front runner, but since he opted out of coaching Australia (saying it needed young blood), he might decline the City job too. That would make Raper the frontrunner!

innsaneink

Referee
I read somewhere that young coaches such as Hasler, Raper or Brown would be considered for City.

Its a nice change to read about the new coach talking about "Regaining our No. 1 status as World champs"...as opposed to the old guy waffling on about "We'll lose eventually...no doubt about it" before the game had even started .

Raider_69

Post Whore
good selections IMO
my only downside is one of my predictions on Stuart will now probably go unfulfilled, which was he would be the most successful origin coach of all time, he will get the aussies reigning surpreme once more, that im very confident of...

apple

Juniors
The Observer said:
Under Graham Murray, Ryan Cross, Luke O'Donnell and Glen Morrison could all have a better chance of making the NSW team.

I don't know about Glennn Morrison. Heard that he and Murray had problems with one another back at the Cowboys.

Hmm.. could be wrong.

aids

Bench
Bellamy should be considered for QLD coaching duties if Meninga fails.
Bellamy is an excellent coach.

kickback

Juniors
aids said:
Bellamy should be considered for QLD coaching duties if Meninga fails.
Bellamy is an excellent coach.

He is a great coach, but QLD will never have a nsw guy in charge!!

will never happen!

the axe will be next in line i think!

greeneyed

First Grade
innsaneink said:
I read somewhere that young coaches such as Hasler, Raper or Brown would be considered for City.

Its a nice change to read about the new coach talking about "Regaining our No. 1 status as World champs"...as opposed to the old guy waffling on about "We'll lose eventually...no doubt about it" before the game had even started .

Good to see you supporting a "Raider at heart" in Ricky Stuart as Australian coach insane. I agree with your comments about Bennett... disgraceful.

Nathan Brown as City coach.... hilarious!!!!!!! If it happens we will know for sure "how the system works". None of those coaches should even be considered as "City" coach.

Corbin

Juniors
Look although it will be a benfiet for the roosters i'd prefer Stuart to be coaching AUS than NSW, Bellamy should of been given the NSW job, yes Murray has done excellent to make the cowboys a good team but i believe that Bellamy should of been given the job.

Not over my dead body will Finch be given a AUS jersey, has Johns retired from rep footy now? Anasta will still make Origin i rekon if Johns has gone from rep footy it will be Barrett to halfback.

i highly doubt Cross will get a look in at both NSW and AUS, Gasiner and Cooper all the way in the centres. Southern will not and better not get picked ethier.

But there is one thing i can proably see from this situation. I think that Queensland might be able to jump ahead of NSW, although i dont like to say it i think this 1 will be alot close depending if Joey plays (again im not sure if he is gone from rep footy now!)

Cowboys will struggle ALOT now that murray is gone during the season i rekon. I could be wrong.

Corbin

Latest posts