What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuffing ?

sasquatch

Juniors
Imagine if the cowboys were replaced with one of the ESL teams for the grand final!
hahahahaha!

1,000,000 - 0 to the Tigers

Mark O'Neil couldn't get a contract with another NRL club told not wanted by the reiging premiers signs and was captain of the club as well yet manages at a drop of the hat to get a contract with one of you top squads and gets a walk up start at the age of 30

and u know this how ?

oneil probley has better defense than anyone in our side so why wouldnt he start

btw there are plenty more u could of picked so why u pick former tigers????

Lowey3

Juniors
joel caine number 1 fan said:
and u know this how ?

oneil probley has better defense than anyone in our side so why wouldnt he start

Because he has no rugby league knowledge!!

He forgets that it's the NRL's turn to sign 30 plus year olds!

Infact it would'nt surprise me if he returned to the NEL at the age of 33 and ripped your comp up!

Ala - Darren Smith, Jason Smith, Matt Adamson - lmao.

I love the confidence of you Aussies, even you know deep inside that super league is far superior.

I love the confidence of you Aussies, even you know deep inside that super league is far superior.

wtf the best sl player is a aussie mate and Lyon was great but hes nott he best player here, if we had a full strength team im sure u wouldnt be able too keep up with our style of play

in fact im sure we will run away with the game in the 2nd half its just stupid that u guys keep getting home ground advantage every year

Mighty Tiger

Bench
joel caine number 1 fan said:
and u know this how ?

He openly said he got a nibble which went away from another NRL club which is why he went over to the ESL. He said from the start he wanted to remain in the NRL because he didn't think he was done do you not think that the reigning club captain of the premiers who many think had a great defence if others thought the same would of snapped him up very quickly?

Remember he didn't sign with Leeds for along time after he/media and other clubs found out he would be on the open market!

Picked former Tigers because in 05 we won the comp so IMO thats the bench mark to go from, if other clubs don't want some of our players in the NRL but the ESL isn't this a good comparitive?

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Lowey3 said:
Because he has no rugby league knowledge!!

ROFL going from this topic its clear your the one lacking the knowledge!

Lowey3 said:
He forgets that it's the NRL's turn to sign 30 plus year olds!

Thanks for proving my above point right!

Just to list a few players that have joined whilst in their later years of late and the vast majority just joined with the ESL within the last 2yrs as well might I add

We had what 3 players you could name to come over here to play in the NRL - long list below indicates the ESL is still the retirement village it was years ago if not more so now

Steven Crouch
Allan Langer
Marcus Bai
Stephen Kearney
Chris Mckenna
Adrian Vowles
Brad Drew
Chris Beattie
Ian Hindmarsh
Mark Hughes
Mark O'Niell
Stacey Jones
Sean Rutgerson
Mark Shipway
Brett Dallas
Bryan Fletcher
Jerry SeuSeu
Nathan Wood
Logan Swann
Danny Lima
Grahme Appo

Lowey3 said:
Infact it would'nt surprise me if he returned to the NEL at the age of 33 and ripped your comp up!

Ala - Darren Smith, Jason Smith, Matt Adamson - lmao.

Well looks like the list of players I posted above have over the last few years ripped the ESL apart like usual - some things never change do they!

Lowey3 said:

Your still yet to put a valid point accross that would indicate this is the case

Wrighty79

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
ROFL going from this topic its clear your the one lacking the knowledge!

Thanks for proving my above point right!

Just to list a few players that have joined whilst in their later years of late and the vast majority just joined with the ESL within the last 2yrs as well might I add

We had what 3 players you could name to come over here to play in the NRL - long list below indicates the ESL is still the retirement village it was years ago if not more so now

Steven Crouch
Allan Langer
Marcus Bai
Stephen Kearney
Chris Mckenna
Adrian Vowles
Brad Drew
Chris Beattie
Ian Hindmarsh
Mark Hughes
Mark O'Niell
Stacey Jones
Sean Rutgerson
Mark Shipway
Brett Dallas
Bryan Fletcher
Jerry SeuSeu
Nathan Wood
Logan Swann
Danny Lima
Grahme Appo

Well looks like the list of players I posted above have over the last few years ripped the ESL apart like usual - some things never change do they!

Your still yet to put a valid point accross that would indicate this is the case
Don't forget Steele Retchless, James Gannon and Willie Poching!!

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Wrighty79 said:
Don't forget Steele Retchless, James Gannon and Willie Poching!!

Willie Poching has been playing over there since he was 20 I think, went straight from Auckland from memory

James Gannon since he was around his early 20's

Retchless I have no clue at all about but I would of thought it would of been earlier rather than later in his career

innsaneink

Referee
Morley linked to UK swap deal
By Glenn Jackson
January 5, 2006

SYDNEY Roosters hardman Adrian Morley could be involved in a sensational swap with another British player after the 2006 NRL season.

According to reports from England, Morley could move back to the English Super League and team up with champion Bradford.

Coming in the other direction is said to be Great Britain international prop forward Stuart Fielden.

England's League Weekly said a source close to Morley revealed over Christmas that he couldn't see his body taking three more years of the high-impact NRL, and his dream move would see a return to Odsal, where he had such a successful stint before the 2005 Tri-Nations tournament.

Morley now has Australian citizenship and would be free to return Down Under after a final stint in British rugby league while Fielden has made no secret of his desire to try his hand in the NRL.

Morley is off contract with the Roosters at the end of 2006.

But Roosters chief executive Brian Canavan said last night he wanted to extend the enforcer's stay.

"We want to open negotiations early this year," he said. "We've always presented it that we want to extend his contract."

The Daily Telegraph
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17732772-23214,00.html

In other words, a return to the softer, 'lower impact', easier, ESL.:lol:

Lowey3

Juniors
Translation from Morley - I want to finish my career in the best comp and with my family.

Yet another spin by the Aussie media * rolls eues*, he was one of Super leagues worst propslast year, yet he often scares the hell out of the Aussies. Luke O Donnel is a perfect example.

Super league is far more superior - PS - check the WCC records shags!!

PS. Funny how you dont mention Fieldens decision to end his career in a lower comp ? Fielden is going to a lower comp for a good holiday in the sun.... after all just like the tri nations ( when he walked over your poor props ) he'll be the best.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Lowey3 said:
Translation from Morley - I want to finish my career in the best comp and with my family.

Yeah he values your comp soooo much which is why he left with 2yrs still left on his deal to come and join the NRL :lol: you nuffie?

Lowey3 said:
Yet another spin by the Aussie media * rolls eues*, he was one of Super leagues worst propslast year, yet he often scares the hell out of the Aussies. Luke O Donnel is a perfect example.

ROFL he wasn't one of SL worst props in the what the 4 games he played in ESL after 24 rounds of NRL - you really have no clue at all something which is clear by the rubish you post

Lowey3 said:
Super league is far more superior - PS - check the WCC records shags!!

:lol:
Since your so into the records have a look at the following
- location played
- accomodation booked by ESL
- no trial game provided for NRL teams
- Strength of sides
The WCC is a joke and is designed only for to improve the much needed profile of the 7th best league compition in the world in its home country

You can tell your compition sucks especially when the Poms love winners and even when a team wins they fail to pack out stadiums let alone struggle to get over anyone through the gate

:lol:

Best league in the world your kidding yourself and its clear your countrymen agree

Lowey3 said:
PS. Funny how you dont mention Fieldens decision to end his career in a lower comp ? Fielden is going to a lower comp for a good holiday in the sun.... after all just like the tri nations ( when he walked over your poor props ) he'll be the best.

Above just proves yet again previous points that you have no clue at all on league. Fielden will be 26, most players tend to go on till they are in there early to mid 30's he won't sign a 6yr deal with a club which means he isn't even thinking about ending his career yet

Your still yet to reply to all the players I've listed that have joined the ESL over the last 2yrs which we gather means you lack of response indicates your admission that the ESL is infact as crap as the players playing in it ;-)

tiger_nick

Bench
Its pretty obvious this bloke is taking the piss.

Cunningham??! Hahahahaha

He did have one good try assist, that pass for Matt Coopers try hit him right on the chest!!

Wrong forum if you wanna bag Buderus mate, wait until Robbie tears the Bulls a new ahole then you'll see what a quality rake can do.

If we had Benji and Halatau the Bulls wouldnt trouble us. We should still win but it will be close.

Lowey3

Juniors
westie said:
Actually... I personally think Cunningham was the form player of the tri-nations.

That he was!!

But hey you should know how arrogant you Aussies really are!

It's funny that every time Cunningham plays more than half a season for St Helens he gets picked in the world 13.

He shown Buderus up in this years tri nations.

PS. i'd rather you call him the 'King' or ' world best hooker'

Thanks!!! uncle Lowey xxxxxx

Charge

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
Why don't the Poms come and play the WCC here on Australian soil?

Because they know they'll get belted.

Anyhow, The Tigers sh1t all over any other side in the world with the style of play they employ. Certainly any pensioner English side.

Actually, the WCC is offered to the Australian team every year, but since ticket prices are higher over here due to the strength of the pound they always say no.

The one time it was in Aus, Wigan beat Brisbane in front of about 60K people.

And think about this: Last year GB won an international trophy through Leeds in the WCC, NZ nilled Aus in the final of the Tri-Nations to win their trophy. What did Aus win?

Lowey3 said:
That he was!!

But hey you should know how arrogant you Aussies really are!

It's funny that every time Cunningham plays more than half a season for St Helens he gets picked in the world 13.

He shown Buderus up in this years tri nations.

PS. i'd rather you call him the 'King' or ' world best hooker'

Thanks!!! uncle Lowey xxxxxx
You obviously have never seen our Robbie, he'll absolutely rip Keiron "Am I a prop or a hooker?" Cunningham (Who can't even pass to his right properly! he has to turn to do it!) apart. Farah has skill, speed and great vision. Cunningham has strength and some vision.

Cunningham the player of the series?!?!?! Ruben Wiki? Stacey Jones? both outplayed Cunningham.

innsaneink

Referee
What did Aus win?
Both games against the poms.

GB won through Leeds eh?
LOL...thats a nice slant on things, but I suppose you must do it that way when GB only won 1/4 in total and 0/2 against the Aussies in the tri-nations.

Add ur Leeds/GB win and that makes it 2/5...:lol:

Poms, professional unwashed gee up merchants.