What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuffing ?

Lowey3

Juniors
The_MaFeeLi_Tiger said:
You obviously have never seen our Robbie, he'll absolutely rip Keiron "Am I a prop or a hooker?" Cunningham (Who can't even pass to his right properly! he has to turn to do it!) apart. Farah has skill, speed and great vision. Cunningham has strength and some vision.

Cunningham the player of the series?!?!?! Ruben Wiki? Stacey Jones? both outplayed Cunningham.

Farah - lol

Makes Mickey Higham look like a mega star!

Funny how the 2 players you just names where both Kiwis eh shag ?

Cunningham was faster than any hooker in the world 3-4 years ago, injury meant he kept pilling on the pounds! yet he still keeps Buderus in his back pocket!

No real pace yet his been the worlds best hooker for 10 years.

TiLLs

Juniors
This thread reminds me alot of one I was reading prior to one of our semi-final games..

I'll be revisiting this one. :)

Lowey3 said:
Farah - lol

Makes Mickey Higham look like a mega star!

Funny how the 2 players you just names where both Kiwis eh shag ?

Cunningham was faster than any hooker in the world 3-4 years ago, injury meant he kept pilling on the pounds! yet he still keeps Buderus in his back pocket!

No real pace yet his been the worlds best hooker for 10 years.
Why do you keep referring to Buderus, on this years form he doesn't rate in the top 5 (that's being modest) NRL hookers.

You have never seen Farah work his magic ... Cunningham has nothing.

Why did i mention two kiwi players? because they were the two best players in the tri-series - and they both play in the NRL.

westie

Bench
I rated Farah's work very highly in the finals series. Having watched it again however, he did make a very large amount of mistakes. These have prevented him from being "the best in the world". With experience these will fade - and he can claim this title.

Lowey3

Juniors
I must admit shags i do like reading your posts, they smack me with great laughter!

You're onviously in some kind of dream world when it comes to rugby league.

NRL = More even teams

Super league = faster, more skill, exciting, quite obviously the superior comp!

But hey dont let facts get in your way, shags!

innsaneink

Referee
FRIDAY - 6th January 2006

Top 6 team Harlequins Rugby League have announced the signing of Australian centre Matt Gafa from Canberra Raiders.

..........and Canberra Raiders fans are celebrating. :lol:

Bicey_18

Bench
ESL has been the better comp in the last 10 years aye?

These alarming results dont support your lil theory.. from the WCC 1997

Auckland 42 beat St Helens 14.
North Queensland 42 beat Leeds Rhinos 20.
Penrith 20 beat Bradford Bulls 16.

Adelaide Rams 34 beat Leeds Rhinos 8.
Auckland 20 beat Bradford Bulls 16.
Cronulla 48 beat St Helens 8.

Cronulla 30 beat Bradford Bulls 10.
Penrith 50 beat St Helens 30.
Leeds Bye

Auckland 64 beat Bradford Bulls 14
Cronulla 28 beat St Helens 12
Leeds Rhinos 22 beat Adelaide Rams 14

Auckland 70 beat St Helens 6.
Penrith 54 beat Bradford Bulls 14
Leeds Bye

Cronulla 40 beat Bradford Bulls 12
North Queensland 48 beat Leeds Rhinos 14
Penrith 32 beat St Helens 26

There are so many more thrashings by our sides to your lesser sides for example..

Broncos 76 Def Halifax 0

How competitive!!

The fact was at the end of the comp, the highest amount of points were 12 and the lowest was 8 from NRL.... ESL's highest was a measly 4 points and the lowest was 0

Add to that first knock out stage - quarter finals.. the ESL sides were eliminated quick leaving the NRL sides to fight it out.

But yes .... ESL is wayyy better than the NRL .. lol lol

The Clan

Juniors
Was'nt Solomona just rated as the 3rd best 2nd rower in the game.

Was'nt it Solomona that ripped up the Aus side during the TNs.

Poor coaching and decision makiong by Para & Syd Roosters if you ask me.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
When he was playing in the NRL he definatley wasn't he struggled to get onto the bench half the time

His problem was his own discipline, he had weight and training problems

I wouldn't say he is the 3rd best 2nd rower in the game either - which 2 do you think are only infront of him?

pmarrow

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Big gap between the top clubs and those at the bottom...70 ...80 point thrashings a common occurrence.

Take the Kiwis & Aussies outta your teams and you got SFA!

You only gotta look at the respective ladders...

ESL
-MPs St Helens +491
Spooners Leigh.......-765

1,265 points gap from top to bottom

NRL
-MinorP's Parra + 248
Spooners Knights -200

448 points gap from top to bottom

Your best teams...top 3 only are good...the other 9 are garbage, where as in NRL any team can beat any other team on any given day.

Just a typical view of an Aussie. :lol:

Super League is becomming more competitive each year, go back to Super League I and there were only two teams within a chance of winning the competition. Now were approaching Super League XI and there are about 9 different teams who you can choose from to make the playoffs. They are about 5 teams who could say are more less guarnteed a spot in the playoffs but sorting them out into a order between the five will be quite difficult to predict.

You may have a competition where anyone can beat anyone, despite the fact South Sydney seemed to get tonked every other week. We have a competition which gives everyone something to fight for. We'll have Saints, Bradford, Leeds, Wigan & Hull fighting it out for any place between 1-5 with Huddersfield, Wakefield, Harlequins and Warrington fighting for the last playoff place and maybe breaking into the top 5 places. Then you have Castleford , Salford and Les Catalans all fighting it out to prevent been relegated. Unlike in the NRL every team has something to fight for and it gives fans more reasons to support there team.I mean it could hardly be fun been a souths fan midway through a season propping up a table and there team nothing to fight for ?

Its all a matter of a opinion when comparing two leagues and it will go down to everyones tatste to say which League is better. IMO I prefer ESL as my team particpates in it, which I'm sure will be the same answer given by most. To suggest we have a league though were only three teams have something to play for is stupid. Our league is improving and getting stronger all the time, you only need to look at Attendances, Title Contenders and the quality of Rugby played to see that.

You can take the Aussies and Kiwis out of our teams but lets be honest, apart from one or two they ain't many that come over here and make a big name for themselves. I can see your point about the difference in class in the league when a top team plays a bottom team but using Leigh as an example is hardly fair. Leigh were a team with little resources and a little time to progress from a part time club to a full time club. By the time they sorted that they were hardly any decent players left OOC or free agents. Bad planning by our RFL lead to the disaster season which Leigh had, plus they signed a load of over the Hill Aussies too.

The Clan

Juniors
innsaneink said:
In other words, a return to the softer, 'lower impact', easier, ESL.:lol:
Andrew Johns said the Super League was faster and tougher than the NRL!

The Clan

Juniors
Bicey_18 said:
ESL has been the better comp in the last 10 years aye?

These alarming results dont support your lil theory.. from the WCC 1997

Auckland 42 beat St Helens 14.
North Queensland 42 beat Leeds Rhinos 20.
Penrith 20 beat Bradford Bulls 16.

Adelaide Rams 34 beat Leeds Rhinos 8.
Auckland 20 beat Bradford Bulls 16.
Cronulla 48 beat St Helens 8.

Cronulla 30 beat Bradford Bulls 10.
Penrith 50 beat St Helens 30.
Leeds Bye

Auckland 64 beat Bradford Bulls 14
Cronulla 28 beat St Helens 12
Leeds Rhinos 22 beat Adelaide Rams 14

Auckland 70 beat St Helens 6.
Penrith 54 beat Bradford Bulls 14
Leeds Bye

Cronulla 40 beat Bradford Bulls 12
North Queensland 48 beat Leeds Rhinos 14
Penrith 32 beat St Helens 26

There are so many more thrashings by our sides to your lesser sides for example..

Broncos 76 Def Halifax 0

How competitive!!

The fact was at the end of the comp, the highest amount of points were 12 and the lowest was 8 from NRL.... ESL's highest was a measly 4 points and the lowest was 0

Add to that first knock out stage - quarter finals.. the ESL sides were eliminated quick leaving the NRL sides to fight it out.

But yes .... ESL is wayyy better than the NRL .. lol lol

Only a complete Ming Mong with no idea of the current standards of the SL would still refer back to the ill fated WCC of 97 to support this argument.

Standards in the SL are light years ahead of where they were then.

I dare say the NRL has moved on too but the rapid improvement of the SL has closed the gap massively.

There are at least five clubs in the ESL who can lay a legitamate claim to being in the shake up for the minor premiership.

There are at least 7 who can have real pre season aspirations of reaching the Grand Final.

Of the other five there has been an ever reducing gap year on year between them and the top clubs making shock results a regular occurance, a la the NRL.

The only team that often gets left way behind is the newly promoted club that has every card stacked against them in the first place. However as the previous poster said there is something for every club to play for. Whether its a GF, play off or avoiding relegation theres meaning to every match.

In the NRL by mid season there are usualy a handfull of clubs who are just fullfilling the fixture list, at best they are trying to avoid the mythical wooden spoon, BIG DEAL!

Face it Chicken Lickin the sky's falling down!

pmarrow

Juniors
innsaneink said:
:lol:

Its called, "Toeing the line" ..... "Not rocking the boat."

Well if what you believe is true then why haven't the Aussie teams wiped the floor in the WCC in the past couple of years ?

Or are you another one who judges the league on international performances ?

You seem to forget our teams play anything between 29 (min) upto 37 (max) games a season. With only one or two weeks off if there lucky, none of this 'bye' rubbish or 22 rounds where you don't play every team twice.

If you guys are so tough, why can't they manage this ?

innsaneink

Referee
pmarrow said:
Well if what you believe is true then why haven't the Aussie teams wiped the floor in the WCC in the past couple of years ?

Or are you another one who judges the league on international performances ?

You seem to forget our teams play anything between 29 (min) upto 37 (max) games a season. With only one or two weeks off if there lucky, none of this 'bye' rubbish or 22 rounds where you don't play every team twice.

If you guys are so tough, why can't they manage this ?
The unevenness of the WCC is well documented, the fact everything favours the English teams doesnt mean anything to you?

Forget our pathetic NRL wont underwrite it, yes thats a fact...but its also a fact playing it in England is a massive advantage.

Your comp is that lopsided, 1200+ point gap between the top and bottom teams points F/A proves this.
Your top teams have a tough game then they'll have 3 or 4 "training runs", then another tough game.....its easy to spead out intensity when its only once a month, your top team wouldnt last half a season in the NRL where EVERY week is semi final intensity.

Mind you.... youre improving, but theres a long way to go, too many imports propping up ur SL and cruelling ur National team.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
pmarrow said:

Read this thread and if still then you don't understand the reasons as to why NRL teams don't win the WCC and some field a bunch of PL players then you will need to read it again

pmarrow said:

Your teams play that amount of games but your players don't!

Last year WTS had players who played 28 games in the season that included 2 byes and doesn't include the rep matches either (city/country/Kiwi and Aus matches)

Fatts I know played around 35 games in a season

How many of the ESL players have played 37 game let alone 29 during last season

pmarrow

Juniors
innsaneink said:
The unevenness of the WCC is well documented, the fact everything favours the English teams doesnt mean anything to you?

Forget our pathetic NRL wont underwrite it, yes thats a fact...but its also a fact playing it in England is a massive advantage.

The only thing uneven about it is that its staged over here, apart from that the teams are more a less in the same boat. Both just started pre season and both will have key players returning from ops. Saying that your players had no problem with it been uneven during the 97 WCC.

innsaneink said:
Your comp is that lopsided, 1200+ point gap between the top and bottom teams points F/A proves this.
Your top teams have a tough game then they'll have 3 or 4 "training runs", then another tough game.....its easy to spead out intensity when its only once a month, your top team wouldnt last half a season in the NRL where EVERY week is semi final intensity.

What rubbish, ok apart from the points gap between the top team and the bottom team. Think you'll find apart from Leigh, pretty much every team on there day ran each other close. Actually it was only a last minute try by Nathan Blacklock which helped my team draw with Leigh.

The tough game every month you go on about is complete sh*te, theres at least 9 teams that will give each other a good game and they can be no gaurntee who will be winner. Its only when you get a team whose placed 10 -12th who get the occasional good hiding on there travels to one of the big clubs. You think the way you go on about it that theres no hammering's in the NRL.

innsaneink said:
Mind you.... youre improving, but theres a long way to go, too many imports propping up ur SL and cruelling ur National team.

I agree, although the reason we don't win at international level is because we get coaches who pick the same old failures.

Latest posts