What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sua re signs.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Well finally, the deal has been done. Good work Dragons and good to know that Su'A will be a Dragon for the next couple of years. Flanno is sorting the squad out and more to happen which will be something to look forward to.
Yep
Wonderful (re) signing and may inspire others
Would love to see him as a future Captain and leader when BH calls time

denis preston

First Grade
Hearing Eels Tallagi close to signing with us
Interesting with the offer on the table for Sloan
Lawrie to Eels ... maybe ..
Bit of a merry go round between the two Clubs at present
Really like the Titans youngster Prop Josiah Pahulu ...Just 20 and has all the "tools"
Love to snare him .........
You hope or you know that Blocker has had a offer from the Eels

TheRev

First Grade
I like 2yrs for all parties.. means he can negotiate with other clubs end of next year still.. he will still be in his prime and can shoot for a longer contract.. we will have more of an idea where the club is heading.. and how well a few of our prospects are going (Ryan, Nick, Jacob etc)...

Im sure we will pay him well for a 2yr deal also.. we have the money now, but it will be become more and more important every subsequent year... assuming we have improved our roster by then.. and our money will be tighter.

kit66

Bench
2 years is good for him and the club, his value might rise before he signs his next contract, that's good for him, and we get to assess his progress and our needs before we need to talk to his manager again. We also get a great 2nd rower in his prime.
Now sign Talagi, look after Sloan and sign O'Sullivan to keep the ball rolling.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Great signing for us.....wasn't sure which way he would go..........obviously happy with the future direction of the coach AND the team.....always a good sign when a player is in good form not just for a contract extension but for opposition players to witness hes content where he is for future possible signings under Flanno when he would be attracting interest from other clubs

Victoire

Juniors
Yep
Wonderful (re) signing and may inspire others
Would love to see him as a future Captain and leader when BH calls time
I dont know if it was tongue-in-cheek or not, but on Instagram the video the club used to trumpet the re-signing was Flanno announcing it to the team, followed by Su'a giving a little speech (with his mouthguard still in lol??) where he also said to great cheers "I just want to let you know that I'll be the captain next year as well"

since77

Juniors
I dont know if it was tongue-in-cheek or not, but on Instagram the video the club used to trumpet the re-signing was Flanno announcing it to the team, followed by Su'a giving a little speech (with his mouthguard still in lol??) where he also said to great cheers "I just want to let you know that I'll be the captain next year as well"

Definitely tongue in cheek but I'd happily take him up on the offer. I think he'd be a great captain.
Also did I notice a very reserved, almost sulky looking JDB up the back.? Certainly didn't seem to be joining in with the team spirit......

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
2 years is good for him and the club, his value might rise before he signs his next contract, that's good for him, and we get to assess his progress and our needs before we need to talk to his manager again. We also get a great 2nd rower in his prime.
Now sign Talagi, look after Sloan and sign O'Sullivan to keep the ball rolling.
And to nail the contracts just right with the elite youth coming through

so many back rowers and developing super quickly

they won’t sign on if road blocked