What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions Thread for Next Year's Version

NPK

Bench
Often when I am playing the computer and one of their players gets an injury, I don't know who got injured and who replaces him. I suggest this info be displayed on the screen.

Munky

Coach
I really want to see strategy brought into the game. Being able to choose your offence style would be great eg, having the halfs stand either side of the play or next to each other in the attacking line. In defence have up and in or slide.

A better passing system like Rugby 2001 with indicators and multile taps instead of holding down the button.

I would really like to see an interchange manager so before a game I can set my props to come off about halfway through the half and then on again at half time.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Have a multiple player interchange schedule. Up to 12 changes and have a button combination (say select and Triangle together) to enforce the next interchange.

NPK

Bench
Sometimes I accidentally press the bomb button instead of the punt button and I can't cancel the bomb, and I do a poofy little kick on the last tackle and give the opposition good field position - I suggest the ability to cancel kicks - this could also be a tactic when playing against friends.

ghoti

Bench
I thought of an idea of introducing the video ref to the next version of the game.

At present, there are only two animations for scoring a try, but unless you made a super break, you will probably never see the second one. If there were about 30 try animations which were position specific, a video ref would be quite possible.

If you had say, twelve animations for diving over near the side-line, in the replay, it could slow it down and show different camera angles to try and decide whether the player's arm hit the corner post, or if his foot went out and so on.

This could also be done with the dead ball line.

The video ref could also be implemented for offsides and being held up. I think off side from a kick is pretty self-explanatory, but for being tackled over the line, instead of the player just standing up and getting ass raped, the player should be tackled and the video ref would check to see if the ball was placed down. Animations like a roll over tackle which puts the attacker on his back, a group tackle where they terminate the ball and so on would be brilliant.

If anybody has ever played the latest WWE: Smackdown games,you could probably see the location specific animations in action, where a move near the edge of the cage triggers a special move animation. If this could be implemented in 'Rugby League,' not only will the video ref be implemented well, but the variety of try-scoring animations would be increased.

broncos4eva

Juniors
YEh sounds good max...Both HES and the NRL want the inclusion of the Video Ref, so it is upto SIDHE to implement it i guess now....so come on guys....do the game justice and include it :)O hehe

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
An option to change the game from attack oriented to defence oriented.

Go from winning 42-30 to winning 12-6 - make scoring a try a real acheievement, and this isn't done by increasing difficulty levels.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
all great ideas, one I think would be interesting/fun would be a " be the ref mode" where a player could basically call the shots. Could be very fun/annoying when playing with friends. A huge factor for me is the non existance of end game stats, that is a must IMO for the next version. Everything else said here I totally agree with and think they all should be in the next version :D

ghoti

Bench
I think the classification of a 'hit-up' needs to be changed. How can you finish a game with only four hit-ups? I think a hit-up should be classified as a player who runs with the ball and gets tackled. It would certainly make it more realistic.

Also, in a season, other teams stats are done on what looks like an 80 minute game, so Martin Lang will have 14 hit-ups and 17 tackles. They should be toned down for whatever game length the actual player is playing on.

Half-time stats also need to be implemented to include the 'star players' that channel nine use, line breaks, tries, POSESSION FLOW CHART, etc. Full-time stats should also be shown.

NPK

Bench
For the easier levels on the next version, it would be nice to be alerted during play if one of your defensive players is offside (also if a chaser was in front of the kicker)- maybe a flashing circle around the player or something. You can see this and get him out of the play to avoid a penalty.
I wouldn't suggest this for the harder levels, as practice with this on the easier ones get you used to offsides and how to avoid them.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Max01 said:
I think the classification of a 'hit-up' needs to be changed. How can you finish a game with only four hit-ups? I think a hit-up should be classified as a player who runs with the ball and gets tackled. It would certainly make it more realistic.

Also, in a season, other teams stats are done on what looks like an 80 minute game, so Martin Lang will have 14 hit-ups and 17 tackles. They should be toned down for whatever game length the actual player is playing on.

Half-time stats also need to be implemented to include the 'star players' that channel nine use, line breaks, tries, POSESSION FLOW CHART, etc. Full-time stats should also be shown.

agreed there mate, thats gotta be probably the biggest annoyance of the game for me.

Kage

Juniors
Max01 said:
q When creating custom players, allocate primary and secondary positions for a player with the option of a third position (e.g. halfback/hooker/five-eighth, lock/five-eighth/centre). For existing players, provide an actual profile outlining the positions they can play to make it easier when selecting your team, particularly the reserves bench.

I think a player should be able to play anywhere still...but with what you've written above...I think it's a great idea. Extending on this, however, if you played, say, Simon Woolford at five-eighth, he should make a lot of mistakes positionally in defence and would be out of position in attack...also...if he looked confused..that would be lovely :D

I think they should create a new statistic called "Positioning" which is decreased when the player is played in a different position to the one (or two or three) he is used to. Also some players could just have innately low positioning stats, making lower-end teams a bit unstable in defence and less shark in attack. This would be a good way of making teams like Souths not match up to the Panthers without making them all bad tacklers who are slow and cant break tackles.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Kage said:
Max01 said:
q When creating custom players, allocate primary and secondary positions for a player with the option of a third position (e.g. halfback/hooker/five-eighth, lock/five-eighth/centre). For existing players, provide an actual profile outlining the positions they can play to make it easier when selecting your team, particularly the reserves bench.

I think a player should be able to play anywhere still...but with what you've written above...I think it's a great idea. Extending on this, however, if you played, say, Simon Woolford at five-eighth, he should make a lot of mistakes positionally in defence and would be out of position in attack...also...if he looked confused..that would be lovely :D

I think they should create a new statistic called "Positioning" which is decreased when the player is played in a different position to the one (or two or three) he is used to. Also some players could just have innately low positioning stats, making lower-end teams a bit unstable in defence and less shark in attack. This would be a good way of making teams like Souths not match up to the Panthers without making them all bad tacklers who are slow and cant break tackles.
Great idea. The amount of stats per player needs to be increased to improve the reality of the game and definately make them out of 100 so not every fast player is exactly the same speed.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Stadium Specific Sirens.

The Ericsson one at Ericsson. The AFL sounding one at Telstra. The SFS one at the SFS...so forth.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
A meter that apears on screen that shows how fatigued each player is. Or have it so that the players circle begins to change colour or flash or something when they get tired.