What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions Thread for Next Year's Version

axl rose

Bench
Frank_The_Tank said:
1. The players need to be more reckognisable as individuals. As i play i dont get the feeling of having a better player in control because most of the time i dont know who it is. like if i want to get the ball to johns or jones but dont know where they are. i play and dont care who has the ball .i just do the same with everyone. to combat this i think the camera needs to zoom in just a bit(its good how it is but could afford to move in a fraction closer to the action) so you can see the number on his jersey.players names underneath of the players like madden.

Yeah i reckon it should zoom in alot, like someone said on another forum its like watching the game from a blimp at the moment. I dont think they will do this though because i think most people are happy with how it is, they will probably just have the name of the person come up down the bottom if there is a next version.

[furrycat]

Coach
Clevo said:
I'd like to see fixed:

1) When you tap button to select player it actually selects the player closest to the ball

This has been addressed several times. It is will select a player who may be getting an interception, one who you can select to run back because of a line break.

NPK

Bench
It actually is supposed to select the player most likely to make the tackle, which it does not do. You can test this by letting the AI run the ball at one of your AI players, try to change to that player who will make the tackle, but it will select someone else.

[furrycat]

Coach
What I typed was exactly what Mario stated. That's how it was programmed, so thats what it is "supposed" to do.

ghoti

Bench
Thats right furry, the game selects the player 'most likely' to make the tackle by weighing up speed and tackling ability...it doesn't work a lot, but it does every now and then. For the next version, normal defence should just be 'closest to the ball', but when the other team makes a break, when u swap it chooses the quickest player who is close to the dude making the break.

doovepop

Juniors
in the next version the ankle tap button should work better because i have hardly ankle tapped a player. When the ai is running down the field i press the tackle button which doesn't work unless your closer enough but then you tackle the player. so i think if your a metre or two away from a player you ankle tap

who agrees

NPK

Bench
For the next version, I would like to also see more detail on the injuries. ie. notification of what the injury is, notification on the length of time injured, and also more injury animations (more than the sore head and knee ones at present), the tacklers also being able to get injured, and injuries that aren't game ending for the player (minor injures such as dislocated finger) :)

NPK

Bench
A few more suggestions :)

For the next version I'd like to not see the aggressive tackles on the tryline that drag the ball carrier over for a try, as this is not what happens in real life and is unfair to the defensive team.

Also, it's be good if you could deliberately tackle a player over the sideline - as it is now, you always try to do it if the opposition player is running along the sideline but it depends on which random tackle animation happens...

And a minor thing, I'd also like to see goalkicks from front on (rather than from behind the posts)

BJ

Juniors
better camera angles..
players playing in their right positions..
definatly a franchise mode.. and trainign mode to practise the skills
also one thing i havent seen mentioned is a fatigue setting to see how tired your players acctually are instead of having to guess if a player is tired and needs to be taken off..
there's lots of little things that happend in other sporting games.. generally associated with EA sports that we take for granted and i definatly would like to see implemented into this rugby league game to make it the best game it possibly can be

Blunty

Juniors
I don't agree the kicking system should be changed, I think it is a great concept with the bullet time. I think it could be touched up a bit for field goals, but generally I think it is awsome.

NPK

Bench
The ref pointing to the spot and awarding a try (I don't think this happens in this version - correct me though if I'm wrong)

Replays of big hits that force knock ons, replays of offsides.

Different weather throughout games. eg. starts off raining, clears, rains lightly, clears etc.

Man of the match in each match based on stats in the game.

NPK

Bench
More lines from the commentator - actually saying the score a few times during a match, mentioning that a player has made many tackles or a few line breaks during the game...things like that would be nice.

broncos4eva

Juniors
Yes NPK, the ref does point "to the spot" when awarding a try...u just got to keep your eye on the ref when the whistle blows to award it and not the players. It's there though!

Crippler

Juniors
the kicking system in lomu is perfect. Follow that. IT adds another skill to the game of timing the power meter and using split second decisions to get the right angles for nice touch finders.

Kage

Juniors
I wouldnt say Lomu's kicking system is perfect, the fact that the player stopped dead to kick the ball annoyed me. I think Rugby 2001's system was better, you knew almost exactly where the ball was going. What i really dont like about the currant kicking system is the change of view point, i always have to guess that i have the right angle unless the kicker is facing in the exact direction i want to kick. I dont mind the slow-down effect, i just think the camera should stay where it is whilst aiming.

[furrycat]

Coach
The camera staying where it usually is whilst aiming can be arranged by a bit of code hacking... I'll check it out

lionmaul

Juniors
Kage said:
I wouldnt say Lomu's kicking system is perfect, the fact that the player stopped dead to kick the ball annoyed me. I think Rugby 2001's system was better, you knew almost exactly where the ball was going. What i really dont like about the currant kicking system is the change of view point, i always have to guess that i have the right angle unless the kicker is facing in the exact direction i want to kick. I dont mind the slow-down effect, i just think the camera should stay where it is whilst aiming.

What made the kicking so good is beeing able to jump for the ball.
Jumping and diving must be added to add a different and realistic side to kicking in a rugby game.
Cheers and Salu

Latest posts