What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions Thread for Next Year's Version

fights should be added. in real life teams use fighting to put a team off thei game plan and sometimes works.
when a knock on happens you should be able too dive on the ball by pressing the score try button . this could also be useful for dive on grubber kicks in to the in goal area. i like the idea of the jumping button for the high bombs.
when kicking on the fifth and last the ball when you pass in the direction of the kicker there should be dummy runners running through to protect your kicker .

there should be a training mode which you could add about 10-20 moves of which players can select from and practice them so they can try and execut them in the game. it should be harder to execute them in the game thanit would be in training though.
the idea of controling your line and only controlling your fullback when a player has made a clean brake could be a good one.
you should play on from knock ons by diving on the ball.
the video ref could be a good way to make some suspense for the player to have to weight to see if the try has been given or not.
when tring to intercept a ball you could maybe hold down the tackle button to control the defence with you marker on the player you want and try and time so can intercept the pass.but failing to intecept usually leaves gaps so it should be costly say about 7times out 10.
a show of a card would be good so you know if your player has been sent off completely or not would be good.
players sould have a creativity rating for when they are controlled by the AI.
the confidence think you already have is good but players confidence should o down if for example a winger isn't taking his chances.
franchise mode should be a continuos thing.
i think it would be good to add more league's like the french league and newzealand leagues e.c.t...
sevens teamswould also be great.
that all cheers for reading this what do you thhink?

you could aso have recorded fans chants and proper post try music.
you shouldn't be able to run through the post.
refs should have different personalities like some can spot things others can't and some are more harsh and give more penalties.

NPK

Bench
Player collisions. It is unfair that players can run straight through a defender because it actually means there are gaps everywhere when there really aren't.

Parra_Boy

Juniors
[furrycat said:
]...Or maybe you could suggest real gameplay things rather than un-needed bells and whistles?

People are allowed to ask for whatever they want in a game. Just because it doesn't have anything to do with gameplay doesn't mean we shouldn't think about having it in there, all features add to the overall game package.

I think classic matches is the way to go, I'd love to play the 89 Grand Final. Canberra have to comeback from 12 - 2 down in the second half, when there was a 5 metre rule and it's almost imposssible to crack the defence.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Skippy The Bush Kangadrew said:
I think classic matches is the way to go, I'd love to play the 89 Grand Final. Canberra have to comeback from 12 - 2 down in the second half, when there was a 5 metre rule and it's almost imposssible to crack the defence.

I played a soccer game with this kind of thing in it and it was good. Also educational, as it gave the background. The games got progressively harder as you unlocked them and they started from specific moments in the game and not just from the start.

Possibles:

89 Grandfinal.
Parra V Dogs semi when Parra led 18-2 late in the game.
2001 GF
1997 GF

I'm sure there are more of these aswell.

Kage

Juniors
They could confine kicking to just one button, and have the shoulder buttons determine the type of kick executed. Just pressing and holding the kick button performs a standard kick/punt. Holding the right shoulder button and pressing kick does a low kick along the ground, low power (or maybe double tap) does a grubber and full power just drives it down field without much height. Holding the left shoulder button and pressing kick does a high kick, low power (or double tap) does a small chip over the top and full power is a bomb. A drop kick is performed by holding both shoulder buttons down and pressing kick.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Kage said:
They could confine kicking to just one button, and have the shoulder buttons determine the type of kick executed. Just pressing and holding the kick button performs a standard kick/punt. Holding the right shoulder button and pressing kick does a low kick along the ground, low power (or maybe double tap) does a grubber and full power just drives it down field without much height. Holding the left shoulder button and pressing kick does a high kick, low power (or double tap) does a small chip over the top and full power is a bomb. A drop kick is performed by holding both shoulder buttons down and pressing kick.

I love this idea, with the longer burrons pressed the more accurate and longer the kick. The combos could be such on PS controller:

Kick button actives punt kick
Kick + R1 activates grubber hold longer for low punt
Kick + L1 activates chip hold longer for bomb
Kick + R1 + L1 activates drop kick
Kick + R2 activates banana kick right hold longer for cross field bomb right
Kick + L2 activates banana kick left hold longer for cross field bomb left

NPK

Bench
More tackle animations are needed. When there is s set defensive line in real life, almost every tackle has 2, 3 or 4 tacklers taking part, whereas in the game most tackles are one-on-one.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
How about like a footy show wrap up kinda thing (optional of course), like have Sterlo, Fats, Cheify and Matty (preferbly like reg) go over the scores of the games, and the odds for next week games. Also have them say how they played and who outstandingly performed well.

Also like a sunday footy show, have Fats and Gould with various guests jus talk about the games left to come for the sunday.

Injuries lasting longer than one game

Franchise (THANK GOD your doing it!)

Shots of coaches.

Have it, so you can model yourself in as a coach/player. using photos on PC or Eye toy for PS2.

Have occasional waterboys run in and talk to players.

Cheerleaders!

Have an unlockable "gimmick team" with the mascots like having the shark, the bunny and so on, there wont be enough so have players like Trent the air stewart and Reg Regan.

Have the greatest ever team, eg Sterlo, Walters and Sailor (okay, or whatever)

Change the way the team is after a try is scored against them.

Dont have so many bloody CPU offsides, lol. I've done my All-Star team and every second or so set im called offside!.

More stadiums like North Habour.

Multiple Refs and Ref voice-overs

Touch Judges, and have them call back a late shot or whatever.

IF on franchise mode, have the Judicery and have players on Report, so they can be suspended for a few weeks (ooh god, help us warriors, Faumuina- coming back this week!, seuseu and meli)

Definately have more emphasis in the Grand Final, i dunno like fireworks.

As people are saying, have Video Ref, possibly as an option.

have Vossy commentate , but have Rabs or Sterlo say something in a HUGE play.

Have captains, and refs talk to captains bout how ever many offsides or high shots.

Definately fix up the bug bout changing positions, so you dont have to use up your interchanges as much.

Have in like 10 minute halves, have the players especially props get really tired and need changing after like 3 or 4 mins into the half.

Have the CPU team take the easy two points when they get a penalty.

Have shots of the bench players, and Vossy say things bout em like " Price, the captain doesnt look happy jus watching on" and " Hohaia , waiting to be put on".

Also like when youve decided on a interchange, have the players warm up before they go on.

Ball Boys!

Man Of The Match, for everygame. Then have like on the Footy show, Man Of The Week. Then possibly, have like Footy Show Awards, and they show clips of like 5 Man Of The Weeks to show their BIG hits and Awesome tries, then have a Player Of The Year. Also have Rookie of the year, best try, best forward and so and so fourth.

KEITH GALLOWAY!!!.

Have it so you can CHOOSE an SOO squad, and those players dont play in that round. EG i choose to be the QLD coach, and i get to CHOOSE the players i want, so its not from a specific squad, and lets say im also coaching Melbourne, then Smith and Slater will be unavailable for that round. Same with the International Tests

Have Mascots walk around the park while your playing.

Maybe, watch the players in the dressing room, then walk out onto the field while they show the names (optional)

While the names are being shown, also have Vossy name all the players and positions AND tell us who's the interchange players are.

Ooh and a flop button, or something, you know.

Also (sorry) get the Hit-Ups and the completed sets stats working properly. Because i get to the last on like 9/10 times or so, yet my team is way at the bottom and i usually dominate with the ball in the games too

Jono078

Referee
I dont know if it has been mentioned yet, but i was reading in the NRL board, and i was thinking how about classic teams eg.

Raider 1994
Broncos 98, 2000
Manly 1996
Knights 97, 2001

And also have overall stats for players and teams Plz i beg you :) . And also stats out of 100 :) .

NPK

Bench
I've said it before somewhere, but I'll say it again...the Broncos/Dragons match last night reminded me.

It would be nice to see players slip over during wet weather games. It happens all the time because of the slippery surface and would not just be an aesthetic thing, it can help the attacking team when defenders slip over, or help the defending team when the ball-runners fall over.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah i read in the first 5 pages someone stated it. Well now we just need to know whether the sequel is confirmed or not :) .

NPK

Bench
A minor one: don't use the word mnemonic to describe the teams' abbreviated names, as they aren't mnenomics.

Latest posts