What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sulky Wayne

El Diablo

Post Whore
McCallum was on Ten saying Fui's hit was fine on Ennis but it was hard to tell if he was taking a dive or not. something like that.

so Ennis was the only player the MRC looked at for diving

stuke

Bench
Got to love how McCallum claimed that they reviewed the 'hit' on Ennis and there was no contact with the head, followed up by the vision of Ennis dramatically clutching his head.

add to that Lockyer claiming it is the culture of the club that determines how the players would NEVER take a dive.

badav

Bench
Does anyone remember when Jarryd Hayne went down like a sack of sh*t in origin when he copped a slap to the head.

Not the first time and won't be the last.

Spanky_Ham

Juniors
badav said:
Does anyone remember when Jarryd Hayne went down like a sack of sh*t in origin when he copped a slap to the head.

Not the first time and won't be the last.

At least he copped a slap, unlike Ennis who tried to cheat without a finger laid on him.

Oh how I laughed when I saw that on Ten news.

Eelectrica

Referee
After seeing the replay of the Hayne incident on TV tonight for the first time, my opinion hasn't change from last night at the game - Hayne would certainly have been stunned.

At the time I was worried he'd done himselft a serious injury, I'm still amazed that he didn't.

So to Stoneface Bennet go and get hit by a bus then tell us how great it feels.

gcbronco

Juniors
Firstly I'm a Broncos supporter and not interested in getting in an arguement or mud slinging over who deserved to win etc The Parramatta Eels won and congratulations, we just weren't good enough for the 80 mins and we will beat you next time around.

I don't buy into the arguement from those at the Broncos that it was an outright act, in fact I would imagine there would have been some deal of pain in the tackle on Thaiday and he could have reacted to that, was it necessarily bad enough to halt play? Thats where I have the problem especially in the context of that particular play, I'm not convinced but then I'm no medical expert and the referee has to make a decision so its clear cut.

As for the Ennis incident, to be frank I would be disgusted if any of our players resorted to that sort of behaviour and apologise for it if it was proven to be true, I won't lie I would love to win against the Eels more then most teams but not at any cost.

Fathead

Bench
gcbronco said:
Firstly I'm a Broncos supporter and not interested in getting in an arguement or mud slinging over who deserved to win etc The Parramatta Eels won and congratulations, we just weren't good enough for the 80 mins and we will beat you next time around.

I don't buy into the arguement from those at the Broncos that it was an outright act, in fact I would imagine there would have been some deal of pain in the tackle on Thaiday and he could have reacted to that, was it necessarily bad enough to halt play? Thats where I have the problem especially in the context of that particular play, I'm not convinced but then I'm no medical expert and the referee has to make a decision so its clear cut.

As for the Ennis incident, to be frank I would be disgusted if any of our players resorted to that sort of behaviour and apologise for it if it was proven to be true, I won't lie I would love to win against the Eels more then most teams but not at any cost.

All wayne has to do is come out publicly and say that he is not happy with Ennis and will be speaking to him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
just for the benefit of anyone here, we must now refer to Wayne Bennett as Doctor Bennett and his assistant Nurse Lockyer.

parra pete

Referee
Fathead said:
All wayne has to do is come out publicly and say that he is not happy with Ennis and will be speaking to him.

More chance of seeing Pigs Fly

AND PIGS MIGHT FLY’

It was crisis day in the Parliament
The House was hushed and still,
As a Member rose with a question:
“Are we doomed to go downhill?”

”I’m confident of an upturn.”
The PM made reply:
“If workers’ pay is held at bay
We’ll all be home and dry.”

“How true! How true!” cried the workers
“Let’s end this wicked strike,
We don’t want a rise in wages,
They can stick it where they like.”

“Thank God! Thank God!”
Sobbed the bosses.
“There’s faith on the factory floor,
And now we’ve got this extra lot
We’ll give it to the poor!”

They filled their pockets with money
And ran with eager feet
Pressing their surplus profits
On the people in the street.

They moved among the dole-queues
And boarded every bus,
With streaming eyes and heartfelt cries:
“You need it more than us!”

Soon all the people prospered
And the devil became a saint
Now that the sober unions
Had exercised restraint

And the cities were filled with singing
And the sound of laughter spread
As hand took hand in the golden land
And pigs flew overhead

StEely Matt

Juniors
Players take aim at Bennett

0,,5582969,00.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22135114-5001023,00.html

By Dean Ritchie
July 26, 2007 12:00am

NO one has coached longer in Australian sport. And no one else has complained more either.
And now former Test players are fed up with Wayne Bennett's complaining and have demanded that the Broncos coach stops whinging.
Bennett's bellyaching reached a new level on Monday night when he accused Parramatta winger Jarryd Hayne of "diving".
With Essendon's Kevin Sheedy sacked yesterday after 27 seasons, Bennett - with 20 years at the top - will soon become Australian sport's longest-serving coach.
But rather than celebrate, Bennett has whined in recent years about his team, the NRL, the game, the rules, the scheduling and rival coaches.
Bennett's most sour moment this year came at a press conference after a Monday night match against Manly at Brookvale where, live on Fox Sports, he gave churlish one-sentence answers.
Terry Hill, Garry Jack and Brett Kenny - all former NSW State of Origin players - agreed Bennett had to stop bleating and start enjoying life.
"He seems to be whinging about everything," Hill said. "I played under coaches Bob Fulton and Tim Sheens and they never acted like this - it's like he's saying, 'I'm bigger than the game'.
"He made an a... of himself at that Brookvale Oval press conference and he did it again on Monday night. He hammered a 19-year-old (Hayne) who was knocked out. His side isn't going that great - maybe it's frustration.
"Wayne should remember the good times when he had Alf (Allan Langer), Kevvie (Kevin Walters) and (Steve) Renouf. He wasn't blowing up about things back then."
Jack remembered Bennett infamously leaving Brisbane airport through a side door to avoid the media after his Test side lost the 2005 Tri-Nations in England.
"He should stop whinging," Jack said.
"He only whinges when it suits Brisbane. Bennett lost me when he walked out of the airport after the Tri-Nations loss and didn't talk to the media. It was the first time we'd lost in 35 years and he basically said we should all get over it.
"That was a great record and a lot of us spilled blood for that record. He didn't seem to care. That did it for me with him.
"I don't take too much notice about what he says anymore."
Kenny said Bennett should consider retiring and enjoying his life.
"I've been a big admirer of his coaching but maybe he's been there too long," Kenny said.
"He is now complaining about a lot of things. He doesn't seem to be enjoying it, so maybe it's time he went out and enjoyed life. It could be time to give it away."
NRL chief executive David Gallop encouraged free speech but said Bennett must be factually correct when he complains.
"People having strong opinions is part of the game and shouldn't be discouraged unless they are ignoring the facts and using the wrong forums," Gallop said.

Just thought I would add this article to this thread...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Dean Ritchie is a clown

I stopped reading after the first sentence, Kevin Sheedy may want to take him up on that claim.

Latest posts