What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sullivan for Flanagan Swap

Dragon David

First Grade
There is no way I would swap Suli either.
He has been one of our best. He is one player that has earned his salary.
Imagine if he got quality early ball instead of the crap he normally gets.
The Suli is Sulli - short for Sullivan dragon thomo. There have not been any rumours to swap Moses Suli so you can breathe easy.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The Bulldogs have even floated the prospect of a player swap of Flanagan for Sullivan, although it’s not a move the Dragons are prepared to entertain.

I think this says it all. Plus how does this "swap" deal proposal, made up story etc, benefit young Flannagan? Well it doesn't, he would be exactly the same position as what Bud would currently face, yet he's playing 1st grade now. Sorry, but this ranks as the dumbest article written so far this year by a journo.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Well this article....
........certainly has come out of the blue.

There is no way that this will happen. The Dragons can be dumb but not this dumb surely. Anyway they have canned it as per the article.

It would be the biggest joke that even Seinfeld couldn't write a script for. Sullivan has been injured a fair bit, hasn't played a full first grade game in the half back position and is signed to the end of 2025. Kyle Flanagan did reasonably good at Cronulla which is why the Roosters signed him to take over from Cronk (not many can replicate Cronk and Kyle certainly didn't and the Bulldogs has given him a lifeline but probably he will be ending up on the scrap heap).

These journos can certainly drum up things. Flanagan senior is probably none the wiser.
Or he started the rumours....anybody's guess

possm

Coach
I'd like to see Flannigan appointed as head coach and from there on, he can form our squad. Kyle is on too much coin and would have to drop to his market value before moving to another club so, the Dogs would have to stump up a lot of coin in order to get rid of him.

Our future is a Sullivan / Sloan halves combo with Amone at lock. Right now these players will fit into our cap. Hunt moving to hooker would drastically improve the performance of our forwards in attack.

Securing a marquee edge forward would have our pack up there with the best. Just imagine this 17 for 2023:

1. Ramsey
2. M Feagai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sloan
7. Sullivan
8. F Molo
9. Hunt
10. M Molo
11. D Fifita
12. Su'A
13. Amone

14. Mbye
15. De Belin
16. Mcquire
17. Burns

In preparation for season 2023, Sloan, Sullivan, and Amone should work on their combinations, especially in defense. I'm sure coach Flannigan could make this work.

justadragon

Bench
I'd like to see Flannigan appointed as head coach and from there on, he can form our squad. Kyle is on too much coin and would have to drop to his market value before moving to another club so, the Dogs would have to stump up a lot of coin in order to get rid of him.

Our future is a Sullivan / Sloan halves combo with Amone at lock. Right now these players will fit into our cap. Hunt moving to hooker would drastically improve the performance of our forwards in attack.

Securing a marquee edge forward would have our pack up there with the best. Just imagine this 17 for 2023:

1. Ramsey
2. M Feagai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sloan
7. Sullivan
8. F Molo
9. Hunt
10. M Molo
11. D Fifita
12. Su'A
13. Amone

14. Mbye
15. De Belin
16. Mcquire
17. Burns

In preparation for season 2023, Sloan, Sullivan, and Amone should work on their combinations, especially in defense. I'm sure coach Flannigan could make this work.
If the Dragons were going to offer Flanno the gig there certainly would be some moves afoot by now, he is looking more and more like the dogs coach.

Walpole

Juniors
the only change we should be looking at right now is Hunt to 9 and Sullivan to 7. Sloan is another problem however, I have him moving to 6 in 2023 and Amone moving to lock.

F Molo, M Molo, and De Belin in the prop rotation together with a new first-grade prop.

1. Ramsey
2. Matt Feagai
3. Sulie
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sloan
7. Sullivan
8. F Molo
9. Hunt
10. M Molo
11. Burns
12. Su'A
13 Amone

14. Mbye
15. De Belin
16.. New prop
17. Bird

Coach Flannigan - 3-year deal
Assistant - Barrett - attacking coach
Magnificent! Sloan at 6 and Amone at lock! Absolutely one of your best.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Magnificent! Sloan at 6 and Amone at lock! Absolutely one of your best.
Rest Easy Guys
The Chief Agitator is at it again
His hatred of Hook knows no bounds
The sad thing with all this is How Low Journalism has stooped too
Sending in his foot soldiers to do his dirty work is disgraceful
these guys read all these club threads , so i hope they stop , pause and think of the potential damage they are doing psychologically to some of our Junior players
Gutter journalism at its best ...No Source , No Comment , No Credibility

Draginzaaar

Bench
the only change we should be looking at right now is Hunt to 9 and Sullivan to 7. Sloan is another problem however, I have him moving to 6 in 2023 and Amone moving to lock.

F Molo, M Molo, and De Belin in the prop rotation together with a new first-grade prop.

1. Ramsey
2. Matt Feagai
3. Sulie
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sloan
7. Sullivan
8. F Molo
9. Hunt
10. M Molo
11. Burns
12. Su'A
13 Amone

14. Mbye
15. De Belin
16.. New prop
17. Bird

Coach Flannigan - 3-year deal
Assistant - Barrett - attacking coach
Not sure why you keep banning on about Hunt to 9,. It's not going to happen.

Dragon David

First Grade
If the Dragons were going to offer Flanno the gig there certainly would be some moves afoot by now, he is looking more and more like the dogs coach.
These are a couple of my comments on the Flanno's Back thread -

"We committed to extending Hook for another year too early when the club should have been much more selective with Flanagan virtually at the club. Don't know why they just went for Hook for next year? Saved them a lot of headaches I guess not to have to worry about it.
That's the problem with our head office, they don't want hassles and it was easy for them to just extend Hook rather than go through the hassles of telling him 2022 is his last year.

If Flanno does sign with the Bulldogs, I'm going to write off the Dragons for many years."

"If the club has had any thought whether a feeble one or a strong one, they need to act now and secure Flanagan's coaching services with so many things happening mainly of course at the Bulldogs. This is if Flanagan wants to coach again and that he wants to at the Dragons.

Out of all that there are available, if we can do a Bulldogs and payout Hooks $300,000 salary for next year and sign Flanagan for say 3 years from 2023 at a decent salary, then we will definitely have something positive to look forward to.

Once the opportunity disappears, we will continue with some doom and gloom if Hook remains and possibly beyond 2023 - who knows what the board members heads will be trying to figure out especially when things get tougher for them to decide.

We need someone with an astute mind and ability to decide the type and quantity of better players we should recruit - he would know as I'm sure he has been working on this at our club.

Please make it happen."

justadragon

Bench
These are a couple of my comments on the Flanno's Back thread -

"We committed to extending Hook for another year too early when the club should have been much more selective with Flanagan virtually at the club. Don't know why they just went for Hook for next year? Saved them a lot of headaches I guess not to have to worry about it.
That's the problem with our head office, they don't want hassles and it was easy for them to just extend Hook rather than go through the hassles of telling him 2022 is his last year.

If Flanno does sign with the Bulldogs, I'm going to write off the Dragons for many years."

"If the club has had any thought whether a feeble one or a strong one, they need to act now and secure Flanagan's coaching services with so many things happening mainly of course at the Bulldogs. This is if Flanagan wants to coach again and that he wants to at the Dragons.

Out of all that there are available, if we can do a Bulldogs and payout Hooks $300,000 salary for next year and sign Flanagan for say 3 years from 2023 at a decent salary, then we will definitely have something positive to look forward to.

Once the opportunity disappears, we will continue with some doom and gloom if Hook remains and possibly beyond 2023 - who knows what the board members heads will be trying to figure out especially when things get tougher for them to decide.

We need someone with an astute mind and ability to decide the type and quantity of better players we should recruit - he would know as I'm sure he has been working on this at our club.

Please make it happen."
Yep I agree Dave but I would think the opportunity has gone, my concern is that when Hook's contract is up next year who will be available, looking at a bunch of AC's i reckon to maybe draw a comparison.

Unsainty79

Juniors

1. Ramsey
2. M Feagai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sloan
7. Sullivan
8. F Molo
9. Hunt
10. M Molo
11. D Fifita
12. Su'A
13. Amone

14. Mbye
15. De Belin
16. Mcquire
17. Burns

Don’t forget we need to find space for Shaun Nona and Lachlan Timm

Latest posts