What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sully

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Lucky he only had that type of addicition - any other would have seen us sack him and wash our hands with him.

b_shark

Juniors
I wonder if the "support" from the club has any strings attached - ie: we will release you mid contract, go away and sort out your problems, but we get first crack later/when you are ready to come back.

Also agree with carcharias - if he thinks that as long as he isn't borrowing money that he is OK to have a punt then he is kidding himself and he is still chasing his losses.

have to say be a bit worried if sharks were in a grand final with a key player who owed a few hundred k to a bookie

have enough ways to lose already

carcharias

Immortal
Joe's Milk Bar said:
have to say be a bit worried if sharks were in a grand final with a key player who owed a few hundred k to a bookie

have enough ways to lose already
Going by his track record ( pardon the pun) if he bet against us we'd probably win anyway.

Shark

Bench
I just hope it works out for him. Can't be much fun spilling the beans like he did so that you suddenly become the butt of every joke in town. I'd say he's getting pretty good advice from someone on it all though.

As for his sister...I saw the pic in the paper, but can't find it online anywhere? Captain Jack, get me high tonight, you're the web guru...Find an online copy for us?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Sully's sister Neroli

sullyssisterneroli9ia.jpg

Booyah

Bench
She's pretty good til' you hear her speak. I'm sure she's a lovely person but I cringed when I heard her speak as Lady Luck last year. What a turn off!

PeacheyPower

Juniors
I know what it's like to have a bit of a problem with gambling.

I lost about $2000 in a fortnight and it was money I could'nt afford to lose.

You've just got to go cold turkey,take it day by day. Wake up and say,"I'm not going to have a punt today. Get through the day and then do the same thing the next morning."

Sully said his gambling started as a means of filling in time between training. That's pretty dangerous when your just gambling to fill in time. I've been there. You start betting on things you know nothing about,pretty quickly your in the hole and the amount you bet becomes bigger as you try to chase the dollar,which 9 times out of 10 never works.

Good on Sully for coming out and admiting he has a problem. With some of the scum bag media we have these days,if they had found out they would have made a bigger deal out of it than needed to be.
Hopefully this is the monkey off his back,he pays off his debts and get's back to playing man of the match type footy.

fizman

Bench
Here Here Peachey Power. I have been there myself and its not very nice. I lost $2.00 on the Melbourne Cup last year and it has caused be grief ever since.

Sam

Juniors
Isn't Sully's sister married with a couple of kids. They had a feature on the Footy Show a few years ago about him and he was living in her back yard. Is it the same sister or are there more of them? Good to see they like good coffee.

The last few years I've tippled about $25 bucks a week on the footy. I reckon I'm about even or slighty ahead. Gambling is not a problem for me, yet. I like the head to head option. I think a 50/50 chance is the best option there is.

I can imagine how gambling could become a problem for some. Losing money creates panic, and you want to get the money you have lost back.

wittyfan

Referee
Sam said:
Isn't Sully's sister married with a couple of kids. They had a feature on the Footy Show a few years ago about him and he was living in her back yard. Is it the same sister or are there more of them? Good to see they like good coffee.

Sully has two sisters and a brother. I think the kids are from his other sister, but I haven't seen the feature for a while.

Neroli's voice isn't that bad! :shock:

carcharias

Immortal
I have/had a mate ( god rest his soul... he died recently) who kept tabs on every single bet he ever had.
He was a pommie and lived in London, he was even asked to go on a horse racing TV show to talk about it all, which he did.
Anyone who's lived there or been there might know the show.
It's the one where the compare is a bit loopy and he has a big gold watch on each hand.

He had a book in which he kept all his results.
In 2000 when I was in London with him he was about 200 pounds ahead after around 20 years.

Just to set the scene a bit he had that compulsive disorder like in that movie " As good as it gets" .
He was hilarious, he'd unplug all electric appliances from the wall before bed.
TV , Stereo , Fridge ,oven the lot.
He also ironed his white undies and had his checked shirts in perfect order in his wardrobe.

But one caffery's and all his disorders went out the window he turned into the life of the party.

Nuffs

Bench
she's a waitress

i knew her face when i saw the paper but i couldn't put my finger on it

then my girlfriend kindly told me "it is the hot chick that you love from the restaurant up the road"

splooge!!