What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Summary?

redvwhite

Juniors
Can someone give a summary of how we played? I'm stuck in Africa and couldn't watch the game. Glad we got the two points again, well done.

Stinkler

Juniors
Dragons were shit.
Knights were "shitter".

That was marginally better than the Knights/Eels game from last Sunday.
BORING BORING BORING FOOTBALL.

Having said that, you guys would be happy to take 2 points after last week hey? :)

ebbedfred

Bench
We were always in control, but at the same time we never really tried to put them to the sword in the 2nd half. Unlucky not to be up by 20+ at the half.

2nd half was very uneventful, but I'll take a boring win over an exciting loss.

Still plenty of room to improve, but of course happy with the end result.

drunkidiot

Juniors
Dragons seem to be able to put together a really strong attacking phase for about 20 minutes per game and then switch off for the rest. That bit in the first half where we scored 2 tries and had a few very close calls in the space of 20 minutes was brilliant. If only we could play like that for the full 80 minutes and we would be a top 4 team imo.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

That's about it.

You lot won.

Here's a tip for the Nsw people. The next game is
Also a snooze fest.

More points but still just lame

Old_Timer

Juniors
It has all the hallmarks of an old style Bennet win for us. Defence, Defence, Defence. Boring dour play, but very effective. Good confidence boost for the boys.

TheRev

First Grade
- First half was amazing, 4 dragons tries were disallowed or dropped over the line, I thought we were robbed on several of them, we should have led by around 32-4 at halftime.

- Disappointed we couldnt put them away in the 2nd half either, they dropped so much ball and we were so dominant all over the park, but we just kept coming up with poor decisions in attack, plus some straight out bad luck.

- Upside is our defence was pretty solid and tough, especially defending in the last 20 minutes... granted they did drop the ball a lot.

Couple of Player Comments:
  • Merrin, Hunt & Creagh were outstanding
  • Scott was ok, but at least 2 errors, and is doing his best to give away niggling penalties all game.
  • Morris/Nightingale outstanding again, so safe under the bomb..
  • Vidot on par with previous weeks, strong kid & hes trying, but damn he has errors in him, I wish he wouldnt hold the ball away from his body all the time too, especially during the tackle, its begging to be knocked out.
  • Stanley Something just isnt right about his role in the team, Centre is way better than Fullback, but he had 1 or 2 pretty standard centre tries in front of him today, and just got it wrong... hes so graceful when he gets broken play, and im hoping its just more experience he needs, but his skills are not being showcased right now.

redvwhite

Juniors
- First half was amazing, 4 dragons tries were disallowed or dropped over the line, I thought we were robbed on several of them, we should have led by around 32-4 at halftime.

- Disappointed we couldnt put them away in the 2nd half either, they dropped so much ball and we were so dominant all over the park, but we just kept coming up with poor decisions in attack, plus some straight out bad luck.

- Upside is our defence was pretty solid and tough, especially defending in the last 20 minutes... granted they did drop the ball a lot.

Couple of Player Comments:
  • Merrin, Hunt & Creagh were outstanding
  • Scott was ok, but at least 2 errors, and is doing his best to give away niggling penalties all game.
  • Morris/Nightingale outstanding again, so safe under the bomb..
  • Vidot on par with previous weeks, strong kid & hes trying, but damn he has errors in him, I wish he wouldnt hold the ball away from his body all the time too, especially during the tackle, its begging to be knocked out.
  • Stanley Something just isnt right about his role in the team, Centre is way better than Fullback, but he had 1 or 2 pretty standard centre tries in front of him today, and just got it wrong... hes so graceful when he gets broken play, and im hoping its just more experience he needs, but his skills are not being showcased right now.

Cheers mate, very comprehensive.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
we should have led by around 32-4 at halftime.
I had us up by 22-4 at half time, assuming the wide disallowed try wasn't converted.

redvwhite, Weyman went off injured in the first half but came back midway in the second half. Hornby appeared to limping late in the match but was able to finish. Didn't notice anything else that seemed serious.

Knights seemed to have more injuries, might be a couple that have trouble backing up next week.

Pretty sure we were hurting them in the tackles. Very tough game at times, with our forwards on top.

Scott was a stand out. His best game for us this year.

Reyter

Juniors
Let's call a spade a spade. The Dragons would be as good or better than any team in the competition if they had a ball player in the halves. They dominated field position. Both the forwards and backs made deep inroads but once in the attacking zone, they looked clueless. As I predicted a few hours before the game, Scott dropped a ball at the line after being given a Hornby hospital pass. Stanley is a ball player and looks to be a good one. He is not a centre. Soward was much better than last game, especially when at first receiver.

On a brighter note, Morris clearly outpointed Boyd. You could almost it call it a knockout. Both in attack and defence he was clearly superior.

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Free tip: Stop listening to Gould and Warren.

- They were pretty terrible all game (but I still prefer them over Hadlee who I'm hating being back on TV).

- The one that stood out was the Newcastle Sheppard No-Try, although I agree there is no guarantee that Scott would have stopped the ball-carrier, they must have mentioned a dozen times that Scott could not have gotten involved in the play... but damn he has all the time in the world to get over and smash the ball-carrier, who stopped on the spot.

- I didnt like the Soward Pushing Uate in the back Decision either, Gould was right on that one, Uate had given up on the ball and stopped in Sowards path, how is that Sowards Problem >.>

juanfarkall

Coach
Embrace the volume buttons or more appropriately the mutant button which is used when mutant geniuss like those employed by Nein are let near a microphone.

gorilla

First Grade
Cheers mate, very comprehensive.

Just about it. Should have been 20 - 4 at 1/2 time.

Forwards all played well.

JdB went well on arrival.

Still a bit too much sideways play.

Defence was similar to 2010 but then it was a rather clueless Knights - no challenge or made errors.

A number of crap bombs on the fifth tackle.

A series of sloppy plays and errors by both teams.

The VW Bug (Herbie Hornby) nearly got away, as did a few others in broken play.

Should have scored four extra tries.

Won scabby.

Efresh

Coach
At the ground (ie without Rabbits and Gus) it felt like we won by 20. To me the 2nd half almost seemed like the players felt the same way and had put the cue in the rack.

As an aside, I heard some fans in the grandstand booing Soward after a couple of errors in the 2nd half. If you guys are on the forums, you are a f**king disgrace.