What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Summary?

giboz71

First Grade
It’s too early to predict anything right now. I have seen some things which make me believe we have enough to be a top 4 team. And at the same time, I have seen some things which say we can miss the 8 altogether. The comp is really that close. It’s all about how we manage injuries, the rep season, form slumps etc. The important thing is for the team to stay in touch with the leaders, build momentum and hopefully peak around 4-6 weeks from the finals. That seems to be the formula for winning the comp the last few years. Parra almost did it with a very ordinary side in 2009. Peaking too early never helps, look what happened to us last year.
The important thing right now is for the team to stick together as a unit. This is what eventually builds momentum. This* is what the old heads bring (Hornby, Cooper, Young etc). So that’s why I don’t think any of the old crew will be going anywhere, given the intangiables* they bring. If they can keep the team together and continue to play for each other, with a little bit of luck, we have as much chance of winning it as anybody else.

64 Dragon

Coach
It’s too early to predict anything right now. I have seen some things which make me believe we have enough to be a top 4 team. And at the same time, I have seen some things which say we can miss the 8 altogether. The comp is really that close. It’s all about how we manage injuries, the rep season, form slumps etc. The important thing is for the team to stay in touch with the leaders, build momentum and hopefully peak around 4-6 weeks from the finals. That seems to be the formula for winning the comp the last few years. Parra almost did it with a very ordinary side in 2009. Peaking too early never helps, look what happened to us last year.
The important thing right now is for the team to stick together as a unit. This is what eventually builds momentum. This* is what the old heads bring (Hornby, Cooper, Young etc). So that’s why I don’t think any of the old crew will be going anywhere, given the intangiables* they bring. If they can keep the team together and continue to play for each other, with a little bit of luck, we have as much chance of winning it as anybody else.

Love your thoughts!

MattYg1

Bench
So I am trying to wrap my head around one of Reyters claims, that of us being "trolls"

So has these here Dragons forums just been filled with us non real Dragons fans aimlessly trolling and waiting for Reyter to arrive and save us?

KiamaSaint

Coach
So I am trying to wrap my head around one of Reyters claims, that of us being "trolls"

So has these here Dragons forums just been filled with us non real Dragons fans aimlessly trolling and waiting for Reyter to arrive and save us?

It is a classic diversion tactic. If I claim everyone else is a troll maybe they won't notice I'm one.

Minh

First Grade

Agree with you it can go either way and for any team. Personally I prefer that we keep some of our powder dry for the backend of the season, the business end. Premierships are hard won and you need a lot of luck, form, injuries, fitness and refereeing they are the major deciding factors.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Agree with you it can go either way and for any team. Personally I prefer that we keep some of our powder dry for the backend of the season, the business end. Premierships are hard won and you need a lot of luck, form, injuries, fitness and refereeing they are the major deciding factors.

If we did that mate then these forums wouldnt exist.

Fire up people.. Continue the debate. Praise and slay. Discuss and argue.
That's what forums are for.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Clap. Clap. Clap. Some people on this forum are seriously a crack-up. Either because their purely funny or they are so stupid they make them selves look dumb. Bravo.

Minh

First Grade
If we did that mate then these forums wouldnt exist.

Fire up people.. Continue the debate. Praise and slay. Discuss and argue.
That's what forums are for.

Debate is all good BBC it's what makes these forums interesting, sometimes it's just way over the top and repetitive like some of the recent ones it gets very dull you can't even find the footy content.:)

MattYg1

Bench
Well it certainly seems as that is the case with the vast majority of the "forum regulars" or "forum veterans". Certainly anyone who disagrees with the official "forum regulars" line. Go through this thread from beginning to end and see for yourself. At least I have done something to shake up your lives which are so boring that you sit around and whinge about me on every thread.

OF COURSE thats what it is!!!... nothing at all to do with the fact that your opinions so far have been nothing short of the rantings of a lunatic...

You know just because there was once an advertising campaign that admonished the majority of smokers for not being right doesnt mean that the majority is always wrong...

and in this case there is a reason why the majority of so called mediocre forum regulars and vetrans disagree with you.