What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Summer of Cricket

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Should be an interesting summer ahead.

No Clarke, could be a blessing in disguise but could be a huge loss. My money is on Steve Smith to be captain.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
so long as Review Twatson doesn't come back into the side.

failed performer, had 3 good months amongst a career of mediocrity.

Plastered

Juniors
At the game today drinking free pyss, Aussies just posted 300+, awesome day in the Cap. Normally don't pay too much attention over the summer though.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
I heard something earliet this morning about CA considering cancelling or postponing the first test.

Will be interesting to see what happens

Card Shark

Immortal
Considering it is due to start 2 days after the funeral, it will be hard for most players to get their heads into it.

However once they are there, they will fine - they will want to play for his memory.

Maybe delaying it 1 day would be wise, so they can have a day break before traveling to Brisbane.

Since 73

First Grade
There will be many celebrations during the game.
I'd imagine the Aussies will all hit a single to move to 63 if they get that far.
I'd imagine everything will be "done for Phil".
I'd imagine Channel 9 will push the envelope too far with whatever they do.

I just can't imagine who will be the first bloke to drop one in short and send it towards some blokes head.
That will be crowd stopper.

I would not be surprised to see the first guy to get a ton actually break down on the field.

The crowd as well could start to break into a Hughsey chant solumn just calling his name

Eion

First Grade
It'll be compelling viewing. Love my cricket anyway, but if anything I'm keener for the game now. Really weird feelings on this, I can't explain it. I even put a friggen bat out the front of my house.... I'm usually too cool to do stuff like that.

webShark

It'll be compelling viewing. Love my cricket anyway, but if anything I'm keener for the game now. Really weird feelings on this, I can't explain it. I even put a friggen bat out the front of my house.... I'm usually too cool to do stuff like that.

Michael Clarke has been an absolute champion during this. I was on the fence regarding Clarke, but he has won my total respect. Great ambassador for his sport.

azzah72

Bench
I just hope the Nein done milk it, that would annoy the crap out of me and make me turn off.

Card Shark

Immortal
They are so far in debt, they'll have to milk it.

So the funeral is actually on the Wednesday, so the scheduled Thursday start of the test has been delayed.

I'd say it'll start Saturday now.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
They are so far in debt, they'll have to milk it.

So the funeral is actually on the Wednesday, so the scheduled Thursday start of the test has been delayed.

I'd say it'll start Saturday now.

The second test in Adelaide is suppossed to begin the following Friday, so if the Brisbane test starts on Saturday it will finish on Wednesday. That leaves a two day gap in between Brisbane and Adelaide, so they'll have to push it back a few days. Then the entire summer's action wil be delayed but it's probably a good thing considering the players are in no state of mind to play cricket right now.

It's a real shame

amcoglory

Juniors
Think they will cancil or move the Brisbane test to after the last
Is Sydney the last test may have to play Brisbane after

Quigs

Immortal
I love my sport (well I did until a decade or so ago) but honestly I think the media is just going to milk poor Phils funeral for all it can.

Ive just turned off the ABC and am now listening to classic hits streamed from Chicago.

All due respect to Phil Hughes RIP.