What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Papers - Eels news

Hurriflatch

Referee
Sun Herald has a article on Tim Smith saying that his got no problem with Finch coming and whoever came up with the rumour that he is trying to get out of his contract has NFI.

also a bit on the Eels now being contenders even tho they have a lot of injuries and that they are looking similar to the Tigers last year.

Sunday Telegraph has a bit on Hindy and the fact that he has a knee injury that he'll need to play with for the rest of the year and that both Hindy and Morro had physio 3 times a day for the last 5 days leading into the game v Dragons just to get on the field and both are in doubt for the Sharks game.

Ricky Stuart names Hayne rookie of the year and names Hindy one ofr the main contenders for the Dally M award along with Dykes, THruston, Buderus, Cameron Smith, Johns and Kennedy.

Stringer has ruled out a comeback with Parra's injury problems he has just neck surgery last month and it's a 6 mth recovery and he is still struggling just to pick up his kids, but when Fui got sent Stringer wished he was there to help and he does intend to come back next year as Captain-Coach of Wyong.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:
Sun Herald has a article on Tim Smith saying that his got no problem with Finch coming and whoever came up with the rumour that he is trying to get out of his contract has NFI.

also a bit on the Eels now being contenders even tho they have a lot of injuries and that they are looking similar to the Tigers last year.

Sunday Telegraph has a bit on Hindy and the fact that he has a knee injury that he'll need to play with for the rest of the year and that both Hindy and Morro had physio 3 times a day for the last 5 days leading into the game v Dragons just to get on the field and both are in doubt for the Sharks game.

Ricky Stuart names Hayne rookie of the year and names Hindy one ofr the main contenders for the Dally M award along with Dykes, THruston, Buderus, Cameron Smith, Johns and Kennedy.

Stringer has ruled out a comeback with Parra's injury problems he has just neck surgery last month and it's a 6 mth recovery and he is still struggling just to pick up his kids, but when Fui got sent Stringer wished he was there to help and he does intend to come back next year as Captain-Coach of Wyong.

:clap:

What a great bloke!

lucablight

First Grade
You can buy the Sunday papers from pretty much any service station on Saturdays starting at 7-8pm.

Hurriflatch

Referee
yeah it;s the early edition

I'm betting that a couple of the stories in this issue get bumped in the later one for the reports from the Sat Night games.

oh and one funny thing I forgot to mention in the article about Parra being the 2006 version of last years Tigers the article has

"Parramatta captain Jason Cayless is the last prop standing"

oneguy

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
I reckon it will come down to either Hindmarsh and Cameron Smith. Jeeze I hope it's Hindmarsh he deserves it. He really deserves it. :pray:

-Gurueel-

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
yeah it;s the early edition

I'm betting that a couple of the stories in this issue get bumped in the later one for the reports from the Sat Night games.

oh and one funny thing I forgot to mention in the article about Parra being the 2006 version of last years Tigers the article has

"Parramatta captain Jason Cayless is the last prop standing"

i think rabbits called him jason a few times on friday night aswell

Hellsy

Immortal
oneguy said:
I reckon it will come down to either Hindmarsh and Cameron Smith. Jeeze I hope it's Hindmarsh he deserves it. He really deserves it. :pray:

He sure does... but Cam Smith has also played a fantastic season!
Gunna be interesting to see who is in contention now that the voting is behind closed doors

thedux

Juniors
Was also confirmed on sunday footy show that the injuries to hindy and morro won't keep them out of this week's game.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
thedux said:
Was also confirmed on sunday footy show that the injuries to hindy and morro won't keep them out of this week's game.

i didn't see the show, but i'm guessing that's what UTE meant in the other thread... JT's fiancee is Lara Birchall (sp?) so I'm guessing she's the one that gave the update on the show?

Kornstar

Coach
I also noticed in the "spotted" section it said Timmy was out celebrating our win with water!!! That is great news as far as i am concerned and his commitment to the team!!

caylo

Bench
i have never doubted timmy's commitment... i think he could be back sooner than 4 weeks 2, if he is training already, they may want 2 give him a game in PL, 4 20-40min, mabey round 25

bartman

Immortal
Kornstar said:
I also noticed in the "spotted" section it said Timmy was out celebrating our win with water!!! That is great news as far as i am concerned and his commitment to the team!!
That's great news he's still sticking to it through his injury. He must be really serious, and may have turned the corner in terms of maturity? Let's hope it flows through into his performances on the field too.

Latest posts