What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast give it to yawnion!!

KFC

Juniors
Rugby Union constantly prattles on about it be an International sport.

The fact is that apart from South Africa and France the League and Union superpowers are the same.

Ari Gold

Bench
Sharky Mullens said:
Canada got 3.

In all fairness put the Kangaroos against the 10th ranked team Tonga and see what score you would get.

Union should not be discussed on the Sunday Roast. Even if some idiot sends in an email about it.

Australia just got over USA last year.......and USA are around the 10th ranked team in RL, so your point proves nothing.

Green Machine

First Grade
Wristy McSlashalot said:
Yes, because god knows there wouldn't be any lopsided scorelines if the Kangaroos played a second tier RL nation. Hell, they even flogged the 2nd most dominant team in international rugby league last year.
What do you think you’ve been the college of knowledge? Yes, the Kangaroos beat Great Britain easy in the final of the Tri series. But all the other game were close. Maybe the series will be even closer for this year. Of course the Kangaroos would flog Tonga, what is the point in playing a mismatch fixture. At least Rugby League in Australia has a National Competition. We don’t have to fill the second half of the season with matches against sides Samoa, Japan and Italy. And why would they play South Africa 4 times in one season?
Wristy McSlashalot said:
It's true, there are huge gaps between the top nations and second tier nations in union.
It is a huge gap.
Wristy McSlashalot said:
But at least union actually HAS an internation competition.
Rugby League does not profess to having a large INTERNATIONAL (did I spell that right?) competition. As far as International Competition goes, if the Tri Series is the same at the end of the year and France keep improving, I will be happy

Timbo

Staff member
A bit hypocritical, seeing as though Newcastle and Manly were both on the back end of massive hidings the previous night also.

Does this mean league is totally lopsided? Of course not!

They also failed to mention the crackerjack Union game in Hamilton on the same night.

*waits for abuse*

number8

Juniors
Green Machine said:
Rugby League does not profess to having a large INTERNATIONAL (did I spell that right?) competition.

Nice move. I see what you did there. Good job!

If the RU didn't toot their own horn about having a supeior International competition we would not be giving it to them. Truth is RU types are always fishing to start sh*t. To claim League has an inferiority complex is gold. Leaguies are content with their game.

We bag RU because it is a weak ar*e local comp & it's international comp has it's own complex as a result of it's inferiority to the real world game Soccer or Football as they want it called. RU can't have that they are not they worlds premier international game, as it is their only redeeming quality. So at every possible chance they look to degrade League.

As someone else has said, League has never claimed a superior Int' comp. But League is content with the fact that it's emerging nations are developing & increasing every year. League can at least claim it has room to grow.

F**k RU it is a sh*t game. I refuse to watch it on any occasion. Give me my NRL or local club game over an Int' RU match any day. You can take RU & stick it in your clacker...........Sh*t game!

ucantseeme

Juniors
i just heard on the news that the samoan player who put the big hit on the wallably just got an 8 week suspension for the shoulder charge.....unbelievable

PARRA_FAN

Coach
That idiot who emailed the Sunday Roast deserves an uppercut, Im glad they got back at him by reading out the International scores on the weekend. I mean you get nothing for stopping on some blokes head, and you get a 2 week suspension for shoulder charging. Pleeease. :rolleyes:

Jae

Juniors
A bit hypocritical, seeing as though Newcastle and Manly were both on the back end of massive hidings the previous night also.

Does this mean league is totally lopsided? Of course not!

They also failed to mention the crackerjack Union game in Hamilton on the same night.

*waits for abuse*

Manly and Newcastle losing by around 50 each is hardly comparable to 4 teams losing by a combined 350 or so points.

Timbo

Staff member
Any result with more than a 20 point margin is poor form. 50 is murder. This in an 'even' competition. Uraguay, Canada and co. are ranked WAY below their opposition who thumped then.

Jae

Juniors
If you call a 50 point beating murder (which it is) what exactly is a 130 point loss. I don't like seeing teams getting hammered (unless it's by the Roosters) but the NRL isn't like the ESL, we don't have 50 point beatings every weekend.

Timbo

Staff member
No. But the 100 point loss you refer to was South Africa over Uraguay. URAGUAY! They weren't even professional players. They barely made it into the last world cup. Whilst South Africa is the number 3 ranked team in the world.

number8

Juniors
The difference with the comparisons are Knights have won a comp in recent seasons & Manly have held their own in the first part of this season. These guys are not pencilled in as a win for your team after a hiding either. Each are capable of an upset next week & although Knights are yet to win this season, you take them lightly at you own peril.

U-are-a-gay & Candy-bar have been repeatedly thumped over a long period & are not going to come out next week a chance of an upset. Nor are the hundred odd other RU playing nations. They are a novelty there to make up the numbers so RU can feel it has something to offer!

Timbo

Staff member
Nice comeback. You must be making millions on the standup circuit. :roll:

gaterooze

Bench
Timbo said:
Any result with more than a 20 point margin is poor form. 50 is murder. This in an 'even' competition.

Yep. That's why the team coming 2nd was flogged by the team coming 14th.

That would be equivalent to Uruguay putting 50 on South Africa in Union.

Now you tell me, which is the more 'even' competition?

number8

Juniors
Sweet play, completely missed that one. Good game too.

Great to see Manly flogged & the Bunnies flog someone in the one game.

iggy plop

First Grade
The Wannabies playing NZ and South Africa 4 times in a season.

Talk about trying to pad out a season with much of the same.

Ho hum, another game against white southafrica and little NZ.

Latest posts