What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast

Bretto

Bench
Are you guys f**king serious? You thought that was good? It was unwatchable! It was like watching The View! Terrible!

When Halatau's missus starting going on about how their house got broken into and Dene chased the guy, it was like listening to a high school girl talk about like you know, totally amazing it was and like how like it was like sooooooooo good.

Brutus

Referee
I don't even watch the rubbish anymore and I'm glad that's the case after reading this.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Are you guys f**king serious? You thought that was good? It was unwatchable! It was like watching The View! Terrible!

When Halatau's missus starting going on about how their house got broken into and Dene chased the guy, it was like listening to a high school girl talk about like you know, totally amazing it was and like how like it was like sooooooooo good.

Well it shows how bad the Roast has been all year.

I agree it was bad yesterday, but I prefer it than listening to Gilbert, TK and James Hooper.

However what was Brett Finch doing there?

Theyve done this segment, for the last few years. I remember when they first did it, Molan was the host, then the other 3 panelists were a Jilaroos player, wife of a RL player, someone working for the NRL. It wasnt too bad, they basically discussed the main issues on RL and how women play a major role in the game.

Its a waste of segment really, people switch off when the Roast comes on and if they record it they fast forward till they review the other games.

Bretto

Bench
I was waiting for an infomercial for a 5 in 1 steam mop.

lol.jpg

Mr Saab

Referee
Call me sexist, i dont care...but i do not want to listen to women talk about league. Erin does a fine job with her stories on the footyshow, but in a panel format, zero interest.

Warren Ryan said it best on ABC radio (which he got in trouble for) "it's interesting, a netballer telling me about frontline defence. Fascinating"

El Diablo

Post Whore
Call me sexist, i dont care...but i do not want to listen to women talk about league. Erin does a fine job with her stories on the footyshow, but in a panel format, zero interest.

Warren Ryan said it best on ABC radio (which he got in trouble for) "it's interesting, a netballer telling me about frontline defence. Fascinating"
you are back in the dark ages Chucky

Bretto

Bench

I see what you're saying, I think.

I think the point is, it doesn't matter if they are male or female, but it does matter if they're good at their job. If a female presenter has good knowledge of the game and a genuine interest, I'm fine with that. But if a female is doing the presenting because she's a female, well I'm not fine with that.

Brutus

Referee

Agree totally.

El Diablo

Post Whore
what a stupid question

would you rather have listened to the girls on Sunday or Tim Gilbert and TK as is usually the case?

i preferred the girls