What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast

Armageddon.

Juniors
The old roast was by far the best league show on TV. Hell it was my favourite any kind of show on TV.
now its is painstakingly dull.

The show was Voss, Gould and Geyer. Without them, it doesn't work.

And Matty, the 4 of them was the perfect combination. If someone could reunite them, hallelujah!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
It worked as a separate show with Vossy, MG, Gus and TK (not fussed if he's not on it).

The format on the Sunday Footy Show is a joke now, and you wonder why they lose their ratings. They dont even go through the whole games before the stick the Roast segment on which is a waste of a segment.

nohope

Juniors
They should just strip out the Sunday Roast, it's never the same cast so there is no interesting dynamic as what there previously was. It changes way too often to have any interest. They had some viewer questions such as "what was your favourite grand final?" who gives a shit?!?!? The Sunday Roast being mixed in with the Sunday footy show has no flow, it just feels tacked on now. I guess there has to be something for free to air as they don't have Sterlo (which I think is awesome) or Monday night with Matty Johns for a more relaxed feel. I think they should just stick with the Sunday footy show and scrap the Sunday Roast but it won't happen. It's a shame what happened with Vossy, I thought he was awesome and has an incredible insight on League. I can only hope FoxSports pick up Vossy rather than leaving him in no man's land on channel 9.

Sunday Roast was only ever created because of Voss and Gould. Without them, the show shouldn't exist.

Spot On

Coach
They should just strip out the Sunday Roast, it's never the same cast so there is no interesting dynamic as what there previously was. It changes way too often to have any interest. They had some viewer questions such as "what was your favourite grand final?" who gives a shit?!?!? The Sunday Roast being mixed in with the Sunday footy show has no flow, it just feels tacked on now. I guess there has to be something for free to air as they don't have Sterlo (which I think is awesome) or Monday night with Matty Johns for a more relaxed feel. I think they should just stick with the Sunday footy show and scrap the Sunday Roast but it won't happen. It's a shame what happened with Vossy, I thought he was awesome and has an incredible insight on League. I can only hope FoxSports pick up Vossy rather than leaving him in no man's land on channel 9.

Sunday Roast was only ever created because of Voss and Gould. Without them, the show shouldn't exist.

:clap::clap::clap: f**king lol!

Forward that to Nein immediately.

nrlnrl

First Grade
The old roast was by far the best league show on TV. Hell it was my favourite any kind of show on TV.
now its is painstakingly dull.

And Matty, the 4 of them was the perfect combination. If someone could reunite them, hallelujah!

each show was almost like an episode of Seinfeld because it had perfectly cast characters with some ideas that seemed all unrelated & spontaneous, but then they ended up falling into place to make entertaining tv

jamesgould

Juniors
"What's the best try ever?"

"What's the best conversion ever?"

The Roast has really stepped it up this season ...

undertaker

Coach
"What's the best try ever?"

"What's the best conversion ever?"

The Roast has really stepped it up this season ...

No it hasn't. It's still as stale as a 2 year old bottle of water since Vossy and co. were canned. The show has nothing on what it was pre-2012. When you have panelists like James Hooper, you know the end is nigh

PARRA_FAN

Coach
It is a waste of a segment now and has been since 2012, the other day it was awful when they had Hooper, Finch and Terry Kennedy on there.

I know TK was there when the roast was good but he has no idea when it comes to footy.

jamesgould

Juniors
No it hasn't. It's still as stale as a 2 year old bottle of water since Vossy and co. were canned. The show has nothing on what it was pre-2012. When you have panelists like James Hooper, you know the end is nigh

Well I was being sarcastic if it didn't come across.

Those stoopid comps, I could have told you Mark Coyne and El Masri would have won them and saved the whole boring thing.

some11

Referee
Reminds me of when the mafia busts-out a business.

Business runs great, mafia takes it over in exchange for protection, run up all the credit and sell all the product out the back door then burn the place down for insurance money.

axl rose

Bench
Terry Kennedy on there.

I know TK was there when the roast was good but he has no idea when it comes to footy.

I'm old enough to remember his Optus Vision days. He made co- commentator Steve Roach look good almost, that says enough.

As for this show and 9's coverage of the game, its just a train wreck.

undertaker

Coach
I'm old enough to remember his Optus Vision days. He made co- commentator Steve Roach look good almost, that says enough.

As for this show and 9's coverage of the game, its just a train wreck.

I too remember TK from his Optus/Sports Australia days circa 1996-2000. Although Cable TV wasn't available in the Hunter until '99, Knights games not covered by Ch9/NBN were shown on NBN with the Fox or Optus coverage, which TK featured prominent only whenever it was Optus. He had a high-pitched voice back then (hated how he always used to pronounce Adam Muir as "Adam MEUUUUUUUUUUR"), and yeah, was regularly partnered to commentate alongside Blocker.

OT, the only thing I ever miss about Optus is the 24hr League channel they used to have. Still faintly remember it when my parents first got Cable TV (the only replayed match I ever remember watching on it was Broncos vs Roosters 1998 where Roosters won 26-12 and coincidentially, TK called that match), and am kicking myself I didn't get to watch more older matches between then and when the channel discontinued around 2001/02 as there's pretty much no highlights or match footage on YouTube from a lot of matches I'd love to see again from that era. I don't know if they still do, but only a couple of years ago I remember 7Mate showing replays of old AFL matches from years gone by. Given Ch9 were required to broadcast 2hrs of RL programming per night on one of their digital channels and they still haven't (pissweak from the NRL that they haven't enforced this clause of the tv rights contract), surely it can't be difficult for Ch9 just to dig up an old match in their studio archives

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I too remember TK from Optus Vision days circa 1996-2000. He had such a high-pitched voice back then, and yeah, was regularly partnered to commentate alongside Blocker. The only thing I ever miss about Optus is the 24hr League channel they used to have. Still faintly remember it when my parents first got Cable TV.

:shock:

Ive never knew this. I know there was so much League coverage on Optus, which included Reserve Grade and Under 20's back then, but its own dedicated channel?? Wow, you wouldnt want to leave your chair.

Ive never had Optus, but I used to go to mates place sometimes to watch games on Optus, cause unfortunately Foxtel was showing the Super League.