What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Bowl XLVI Discussion

Super Bowl XLVI Champion

• Total voters

Raider_69

Post Whore
i would agree that he was good dogslife, and in the 2nd and 3rd quarters he was phenominal

however the differnce in the game was the safety which he conceded (poor decision) and the INT which led to a giants score, the ball was underthrown.

Like any SB losing QB, Brady's gotta take his share of responsibility for the loss.

kurt faulk

Coach
I thought Brady had a great game, they were a few dropped passes from winning ffs

it takes two to tango.

should welker have caught the ball? yeah, probably. could brady have thrown it better to the wide open welker? yeah, probably. instead of having to make a difficult catch welker should have been strolling into the endzone.

see, it works both ways. i'm not sure how long that model has been watching the nfl. she should think of that before she opens her mouth on tape.

Noa

First Grade
To be honest I havent watched much NFL the past couple of years due to work commitments but I always felt Brady was GREAT when in front and everything is going well, especailly when they had that great d.

Was never convinced about him though when a TD was needed to win the game with under 2 minutes to go.

Probably off base but that how I did view him.

dogslife

Coach
Yeah I think you're a bit off base. There are very few other guys I'd want to have the ball in hand with less than 2 minutes to go. And the Pats D over the years really hasn't been that good, and this year it was beyond ordinary

Parra

Referee
Was never convinced about him though when a TD was needed to win the game with under 2 minutes to go.

Hard to go past him in that situation. He went within a hair of pulling it off yesterday as well.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
I'm a Tom Brady fan. He played well though came up short. The Walker dropped catch was more the poor Tom Brady throw. Walker is a slot receiver not known for having great leaping ability and he made a good effort in attempting to catch the ball. He got both hands on it, should he have caught it? Probably. Though first and foremost the throw was poor and if it's on target, we in my opinion have a different outcome in this game.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I'm a Tom Brady fan. He played well though came up short. The Walker dropped catch was more the poor Tom Brady throw. Walker is a slot receiver not known for having great leaping ability and he made a good effort in attempting to catch the ball. He got both hands on it, should he have caught it? Probably. Though first and foremost the throw was poor and if it's on target, we in my opinion have a different outcome in this game.

completely agree
i wonder if we'd be even talking about that welker drop had the catches been made that should have in the final drive of the pats...

Chip Bayless

Juniors
One thing I do hate in the USA is the heat on the QB after a big game loss. Let's put this in perspective. Tom Brady is 3-2 in the Super Bowl. Sure, he has lost his last two, sure he is now 6-6 in his last twelve play off games. And? Tom Brady has a career resume equal to any player that has played this game. John Elway was 2-3 in Super Bowls and his legacy is just fine as will Brady's. Both got their teams to the biggest game of all and both got multiple rings.

A QB deserves to take blame in a loss more often than not, though let's not overact to it. I still believe Tom Brady taking this poor defence to a 13-3 record is a brilliant, brilliant achievement that will be forgotten when he is being inducted in to the Hall of Fame. The Bronco demolition was first class, the Baltimore win wasn't Brady-like and his Super Bowl performance was good, not great. It happens. I don't think his legacy is tarnished albeit he now will settle for a top five debate as opposed to taking on Montana head to head for the unofficial G.O.A.T. tag (John Elway is in that discussion though as well).

A good game, a great season, bring on 2012/13!

dragonfire

Bench
its sorta funny that in the previous superbowl meeting Tyree pulls off a miraculous catch to allow the Giants to drive to the win. In this one Welker with his 122 receptions on the season drops a regulationish catch allowing the Giants to get the ball back and win. And most people think Giselle having a crack at Welker

kurt faulk

Coach

ahh dragonfire

the team that had the biggest what if is the saints. all they had to do was stop the whiners one time in the last 3 minutes but let them quickly complete two 80 yard td drives. homefield was there for the nfc championship game and the superbowl game was indoors. the championship that got away for them. just like the saints team in the nrl they will be thinking how did they let it slip away.