What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Bowl XLVII: The Har-Bowl

i dunno what ya talking about parra i missed the game im watching a replay of the falcons/niners now?

someone actually had 2 qbs on the field?

shane1970

Juniors
2 long weekends in a row ! you bloody beauty ! and for the record I wanted a Pats -v- Falcons bowl - so I couldnt really give a shit now ! I dont like the way Ray Lewis carries on so I'll go for the niners by a field goal - with 10 seconds left on the clock !

Monk

Referee
Hate Randy Moss. It would be tragic for a guy who tries when its convenient for him to get a ring. But the ultimate evil (Vick) had a season to forget, The cheats (pats) were eliminated today. So i can't really ask for anymore, I'm alright if San Fran win, but I would really like to see Ray Lewis and Ed Reed get another ring.

Very interestingly, after the last couple of years hearing that the NFL is now strictly a passing league, 2 non elite qbs make the SB on the back of elite defenses. Are we back to the mantra now that "defense wins championships"?

Given Flacco and Kaep's outstanding performances in recent weeks, it's hard to say that. But they both have strong running games, so it could be argued that one needs a complete team to make a superbowl.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Either way, it's going to be a cracking SuperBowl. I'm dying to get over to the states and eventually watch it (Sometime during my life).

Mhartew

Juniors
Going for the Ravens. I don't like the 49ers and can't stand that wanker Jim Harbaugh, so it's an easy pick for me. I wanted to see a rematch of the 49ers vs Pats game, but oh well. 49ers vs Ravens should be good. Can't wait for Super Bowl Monday.

Paullyboy

Coach
I tried to get excited about the Pats/Ravens game but there's just something about the Ravens that has always bored me to tears. Unfortunately I fear they can ruin any joy I'd get out of the superbowl as well.

@MarTiger

Juniors
I prefer, The Super-baugh.

Congrats to both teams, I called San Francisco though missed Baltimore who have been brilliantly led by Joe Flacco who once again owned Tom Brady. Flacco has now won 8 playoff games. In that same time span, Brady has won only 3. Hopefully we can now stop those comparing Tom Brady to Joe Montana. Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl since 2004 and is 7-7 in his last 14 playoff games. Yes, he is a first ballot Hall Of Fame though Joe Montana he is not.

I picked San Francisco at the start of the season so I am not getting off them now. This should be a great game.

Last edited:

@MarTiger

Juniors
The Ice Man, David Akers, keeping his job for the SB.

The Ice Man melted in 2012/13. 29 from 42 FG in the regular season and 1 from 2 in the NFL Playoffs.

I'd be a nervous San Francisco fan if he was lining up for the game winner in the upcoming Super Bowl. That said, I am picking the Niners who I think will be leading by more than 3pts late so he shouldn't come in to a pressure scenario (I am hoping). Scott "Wide Right" Norwood would love someone to take his mantle though :D

Enjoy the week Baltimore and San Francisco fans. I remember the early to mid-90s and took it for granted. What a frustrating ride it has been ever since for Cowboys sufferers.

Big Tim

First Grade
Ravens for mine. Love the way the team plays, and have a soft spot for them.

Interestingly, I have only one more piece of Skins merchandise than I do Baltimore.....

Going to be a good game.

Sleep

Juniors
I think the Ravens take it out. They're just playing some outstanding football and have beaten Manning and Brady in their house in the last two weeks. The defense is lights out right now. I expect them to force a few turnovers.

The Niners defense has been a bit inconsistent of late too.

Haffa

I prefer, The Super-baugh.

Congrats to both teams, I called San Francisco though missed Baltimore who have been brilliantly led by Joe Flacco who once again owned Tom Brady. Flacco has now won 8 playoff games. In that same time span, Brady has won only 3. Hopefully we can now stop those comparing Tom Brady to Joe Montana. Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl since 2004 and is 7-7 in his last 14 playoff games. Yes, he is a first ballot Hall Of Fame though Joe Montana he is not.

Joe Flacco now has 6 road playoff wins in his career. That's more than Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Brett Favre, Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning. Those legends are a combined 13-29 on the road in the playoffs, while Flacco has won 6 out of 10.

@MarTiger

Juniors
Joe Flacco now has 6 road playoff wins in his career. That's more than Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Brett Favre, Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning. Those legends are a combined 13-29 on the road in the playoffs, while Flacco has won 6 out of 10.

Yeah, read that stat this morning from a USA publication too. Thanks for sharing.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I will really feel for Ab and the entire niners nation if the Niners have 10 seconds left and are relying on Akers to either win or keep the game alive...

that 40 seconds would be f**king hell

abpanther

Staff member
I will really feel for Ab and the entire niners nation if the Niners have 10 seconds left and are relying on Akers to either win or keep the game alive...

that 40 seconds would be f**king hell

f**ken absolutely, the guy has been a thorn in our side for the whole season. Harbaugh should've made a change 5-6 weeks ago, bring in someone like Neil Rackers at least.

In a way it probably helps us stay more aggressive on offense as they can't rely on automatic FGs.

But agreed if we need him to kick a game winning field goal I will be shitting bricks!!