What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League 2023 discussion

Perth Red

Post Whore
A real round of haves and have nots with three of the bottom clubs at home drawing sub 6k crowds and three of the top teams drawing 10k plus. Wolves probably a bit disappointing given top of the table clash and rovers taking a big contingency.

Super League Round 12 attendances​

Castleford Tigers 22-46 Catalans Dragons: 5,788

Huddersfield Giants 4-30 Leigh Leopards: 4,977

St Helens 26-12 Salford Red Devils: 11,881

Wakefield Trinity 6-26 Hull FC: 3,976

Warrington Wolves 21-14 Hull KR: 10,179

Wigan Warriors 18-40 Leeds Rhinos: 12,167

Harry O

Juniors
Leeds Rhinos vs St Helens
Attendance: 14,161

Leigh Leopards vs Warrington Wolves
Attendance: 8,120

Catalans Dragons vs Wakefield Trinity
Attendance: 8,123

Huddersfield and Salford had under 5k

Still no crowds update at KR, I find this weird..they probably had 8k i reckon..

Perth Red

Post Whore
Who the hell is IMG? And why do they want to get rid of Magic?
I get the sense they feel the challenge cup is being negatively impacted by the MW and that there is more value in reinvigorating the CC. Only reason I can think for suggesting they stop MW. Personally I think its a great event that showcases the friendliness of RL fans. It draws great crowds for a non RL city, fans and players enjoy it and we dont have many annual big events in English RL so why get rid?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Magic Weekend wrap up

Attendance: 63,269 (highest since 2018 and 6th highest ever)
Day 1: 36,943
1st game 17,000 (highest ever for a first game)

Some upsets during the weekend with HFC beating league leaders Warrington and lowly Cas upsetting near neighbours Leeds. Dragons put a big score in Wigan and Salford overtook HKR in the table with a comfortable win.

1685947143123.png

Dark Corner

Juniors
I get the sense they feel the challenge cup is being negatively impacted by the MW and that there is more value in reinvigorating the CC. Only reason I can think for suggesting they stop MW. Personally I think its a great event that showcases the friendliness of RL fans. It draws great crowds for a non RL city, fans and players enjoy it and we dont have many annual big events in English RL so why get rid?
I wish they have a Hull Derby once in a while as loved that game which had 40,000 back in 2015.

TDD91

Juniors
Rumours that Josh Mcguire has been sacked by Warrington for his 2nd major ban on the season for his language.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Team (HKR) might have played shite but the fans turned up as always and had a good time! Biggest MW first game attendance ever, largely due to the red and White army attending on mass.