What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League continues to show the way

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
"and Ashley Klein, one of Super League's leading officials, who was named referee of the year."

So what I've been saying all along is true. Super League has the game played right. Quick play the balls, open, entertaining rugby.

So really, all the games in the Tri Nations played with sub-standard NRL officials should be removed from the record books.

(Why is this damn thing underlining everything I type?)

Skinner

Coach
Fairleigh Good! said:
"and Ashley Klein, one of Super League's leading officials, who was named referee of the year."

So what I've been saying all along is true. Super League has the game played right. Quick play the balls, open, entertaining rugby.

So really, all the games in the Tri Nations played with sub-standard NRL officials should be removed from the record books.

(Why is this damn thing underlining everything I type?)

Probably because you're a complete plonker :roll:

JJ

Immortal
great.. and the sh*t I took this morning was better than yesterday's

Danger

Juniors
Fairleigh Good! said:

If ESL is so good, how come none of the ESL players won any awards???

eels_fan_01

Bench
Its stupid for Poms to suggest that they lost games because of different refs when we played with Superleague refs and still won. If anything having a faster comp would make you far better anyways like the NRL was a few years ago. I dont believe the hype of superleague is faster though. The bottom sides are lower than under 13s.

salivor

First Grade
Fairleigh Good! said:

So what I've been saying all along is true. Super League has the game played right. Quick play the balls, open, entertaining rugby

And look how far that's got the GB national team. Don't worry though, moan about the slow play the balls but thank your lucky stars you don't get your way most of the time and get that free flowing open game you want. The class in that Australian backline would murder your lot if that ever happened.

screeny

Bench
When I watch NRL matches I simply watch and enjoy RL.

When I watch SL matches I am constantly holding my breath, fearing a penalty at the ruck area because a player has stayed down a millisecond too long. Ruck penalties in SL are a joke and spoil the game in England.

SaintJose

Juniors
Spoils the game? You havin' a laugh? NRL is undoubtedly of a higher standard than Super League but after watching NRL games on sky this year, Super League is more entertaining. Your crowds are quiet, the game is slow, teams don't seem to care if they lose and there is a general lack of passion. There's more passion in one Saints Wigan derby than an entire NRL season. Dull.

MKEB...

Staff member
SaintJose said:
Spoils the game? You havin' a laugh? NRL is undoubtedly of a higher standard than Super League but after watching NRL games on sky this year, Super League is more entertaining. Your crowds are quiet, the game is slow, teams don't seem to care if they lose and there is a general lack of passion. There's more passion in one Saints Wigan derby than an entire NRL season. Dull.

Pretty good "Devil's advocate" mate.
At least you dont belive that rubbish...I hope.

JJ

Immortal
SaintJose said:
, the game is slow, teams don't seem to care if they lose and there is a general lack of passion. .

maybe you should lay off the weed when you watch the NRL then?

screeny

Bench
ali said:
I agree there is less passion in the NRL than Super League.

In the stands maybe, but not on the field. Players in SL know they can get away with a sub par performance sometimes and switch off/don't try as hard as they might, while the players in the NRL are always more focused.