What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League GF. Sky Sports coverage

eels_fan_01

Bench
dallymessenger said:
brisbane asked for the game to be plyaed at the time, instead of the normal time before both season have started ie the WCC is normally held before both seasons have started but brisbane wanted it moved forward and the RFL agreed.

sorry but your wrong

I never mentioned anything about what Brisbane wanted, ive been saying what i want to see two teams have equal preparation.

So how was a wrong again? :roll:

eels_fan_01 said:
I never mentioned anything about what Brisbane wanted, ive been saying what i want to see two teams have equal preparation.

So how was a wrong again? :roll:

brisbane asked for that preparation and got exactly what they wanted.

the RFL changed the season draw of SL to accomodate the wishes of the broncos.

i think the broncos would have an idea about whats the ideal time to play it.

had you said they should play the game in oz for once, then thats a fair point.

eels_fan_01

Bench
dallymessenger said:
brisbane asked for that preparation and got exactly what they wanted.

the RFL changed the season draw of SL to accomodate the wishes of the broncos.

i think the broncos would have an idea about whats the ideal time to play it.

had you said they should play the game in oz for once, then thats a fair point.

So basically i wasnt wrong at all, no no i wasnt. I dont care what Brisbane asked for, i wish that they would have equal preparation if i remember correctly Brisbane didnt even originally want to play the game.

Take it out of the clubs hands and just set the date, 1 week after the Superleague grand final. It would draw a bigger crowds because fans would still be on a high from that victory and would see two sides who have played first grade opposition in the past few weeks.

eels_fan_01 said:
So basically i wasnt wrong at all, no no i wasnt. I dont care what Brisbane asked for, i wish that they would have equal preparation if i remember correctly Brisbane didnt even originally want to play the game.

Take it out of the clubs hands and just set the date, 1 week after the Superleague grand final. It would draw a bigger crowds because fans would still be on a high from that victory and would see two sides who have played first grade opposition in the past few weeks.

if you want a debate on when to have the WCC fine, but your going off on the original point.

this was about SL vs NRL quality and broadcasting.

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
I hate the dull intro music on Sky Super League games. Time they brought back Carp Diem/Seize the Day or whatever its called.

nqboy

First Grade
dallymessenger said:
semi pro.

spend about 200,000 pounds on wages i think.

got josh hannay, just got promoted to NL1 and will probably get a franchise for SL in 2009
My mistake. A top quality hitout for the Broncos, obviously.

Let's look at your claims. Josh Hannay, cut from TWO NRL clubs and couldn't get a cotnract anywhere else.

Just got promoted to NL1. What's that? The equivalent of the JB Cup?

Will probably geta franchise for SL in 2009. There's a few problems with this. By what measure did you decide they "will probably" get a jersey? Playing roster? Local Support? Probably not. IF they do get a start, it will be a strategic political decision, not because they're good enough to test the Broncos.