What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

super league in australia

DrewBeliever

Juniors
bluesbreaker said:

I guess you haven't watched Wigan Warriors and Leeds Rhinos recently to see the young talent coming through there ranks.

You only have to look at the young Pommie (England team) that have travelled down under and beat you (Australia) on your own soil to see we have a bright future you moron!

1. Lee Smith - Dynamic, Aussies could not handle him also besides making numerous breaks he kicked 4 goals and a drop goal.
2. Desi Williams - looked very lively and quick
3. Simon Grix - Defended well and kept the bigger Aussie centres reasonably quiet.
4. Matt Cook - 2 trys, several breaks and looks classy
5. David Doherty - Did everything asked of him and scored a late try, hope he stays in RL, I told him Union is poop anyway
6. Joel Tomkins - Only 17yo he was tough and smashed em'
7. James Coyle - Controlled the game, good kicking game, elusive runs.
13. Karl Ablett - Was the rock of the pack and very influential.
12. Harrison Hansen - Too strong for the Aussies although did drop a few balls, scored a powerful try
11. Jason Golden - unsung hero, got through a mountain of work.
10. James Graham - captained the team magnificently, not as big as the Aussie props but a bigger heart.
9. Jon Gallagher - going great before he wewnt off injured after about 20mins, scored the first try.
8. Luke Stenchion - I'd seen him play before but didn't realise how good he is, superb effort

14. Chris Ashton - unused sub
15. David Allen - all the Aussies around me think he is the next Sculthorpe, fantastic ball runner.
16. Andy Bracek - good go-forward and good ball skills
17. Craig Huby - took it up well, back to his best after injury.

Excuse me for one moment League Unlimited users....I need to take a moment to address something.

Hello RLFans members.

I see you people just cant get enough of me. Funny how much courage you found after I was wrongly banned. I guess thats the price you lot pay for your low self esteem though.

See, I got banned from RLFans and it went VERY quiet. Even now.....something is missing. Weeks after I left and there are ATLEAST two dedicated links all about me.

So whats the deal. Dont you have lives of your own. Wasnt your forum supposed to be more exciting without me?

Ah well...live a learn. 8)

As for this little thread....this is nothing. Ive taken on RLFans and TRL at the same time...you think this lot even rates on the scale of an Ashes series that put myself vs the two biggest British forums on the net. :lol:

Come Tri Nations time, once again you'll be wishing I was around. Ah well, you'll just have to p*ss and moan about how terrible GB is without me.

nospam49 8)

Evil Homer

Staff member
nospam49,nobody misses you,the place is just the same as before.The reason is that nobody gave a shit whether you posted or not.The two links are just there so we can all laugh at you getting slated wherever you go :lol:

Let me put something straight about the ESL.Lots of you Aussies are reacting to seeing these old players and thinking the whole ESL is full of them and they are playing well.Sadly this is not the case.Players like Weston are frankly shit and judging the ESL on their standards is a stupid and ignorant thing to do.The teams are not full of these players like they used to be and contrary to what knob-freak says they do not make a big impact.Gray Viane has played two games.He was solid in the first game and awful in the second.Had he scored ripped up in those games then you ESL bashers might have a point.Guys like Nat Wood are regarded as decent but nowhere near the best in the league,and you are seriously underestimating the standards of ESL if you thought they were.

See what I mean.

They are so happy to be rid of me all they can do is keep talking about me and then coming here to send me messages.

Like I said....I moved on. Why cant they move on?

Probably because its as boring as **** without me. 8)

Evil Homer

Staff member
We come here to send you messages because you are so funny to listen to and come out with such funny crap when you're insulted,especially when you say you 'own' people :lol:

Scoop!

Would you rather see a forum full of humourless idiots?

My posts are all made with a smile on my face. If people enjoy them as much as I do...thats a good thing.

Jiffy

Juniors
This nospam49 kid used to make a tosser of himself on some of the pommie forums, he wallowed in what he thought was the self-reflecting glory of the success of the Kangaroos over GB to insult and abuse British fans, the result being he started to ruin their forums because anytime someone wanted to have a discussion about rugby league he posted I own this forum, Im the king of the internet and various other sh1te, in the end he got ripped by a South African, couldn't handle it and got himself banned on both sites through stupid abuse. I see on here the Aussies treat his crap with the disdain it deserves.

Back to the original thread, I watch both comps. Yeah, the standards in the NRL are higher, there are a lot more quality players in the NRL than in Super League although SL has improved in the last 2 seasons especially, there is a lot more useful talent coming through the ranks there.

The thing to do is enjoy both comps with an open mind, I see some rubbish on pommie forums where a few Brits say the NRL is boring, it's not boring, it's just them trying to have a pop at the Aussies, just the same as when some Aussies say SL is crap and a garbage dump. Half of them don't even watch much SL - nospam49 being a classic example as when he tried to join debates it was soon shown up that he didn't have much knowledge of the British game, which is why he stuck to just insulting people and writing he was king of the internet all the time.

What you guys have to remember is there are heaps more junior players in Aus than in GB, so of course the standard of teh comp is better. The Brits are working hard to catch up and that's what we all want, to see competitive international league. At the end of the day they are all league players, even poms, even Aussies who didn't make a big name in the NRL but are having a good shot at the lower standards of the SL - they are all playing the game we support and deserve our respect, so lets all get behind the game and enjoy it , Poms and Aussies and whoever.

terracesider

Juniors
I'm not convinced that, unlike the 1980s and 1990s, the gap between the ESL and the NRL is all that wide nowadays, but perhaps I've been watching too many Souths videos. :lol:

One of the two main differences I've noticed over the years is that even those Aussies who play in the 2nd division over here seem to be much better coached in the basics. but tht is changing. Thanks to the academy system and a new coaching structure that is changing and there is now more and better talent emerging than at any time since the 1970s.

The other difference is that in NRL the players get their chance at a much younger age. I don't know the average ages for ESL and NRL but I'd guess the NRL is much, much lower. ESL has too many players the wrong side of 30. If the likes of Slater, Lewis,Tonga and even Gasnier were British they would probably still be trying to force their way into the 1st team rather than SOO.

Which brings me to why I think the Kangaroos will beat us this autumn. It must give the players a big edge to have experience of high pressure rep football like SOO. One department where ESL is undoubtedly superior is that our club chairmen - who are the main cause for no rep games in the UK- are even more greedy and stupid than yours.