What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Thread LXXV: Remembering forgotten memories

Misanthrope

Staff member
I want to say my thoughts and prayers are with the people murdered in the most recent US mass shooting, but I think we can all agree those have proven completely useless on this front.

What I'd like to send is capable politicians and less ignorant citizens.

Misanthrope

Staff member
And, once again, the fact the shooter wasn't white means they have a perfectly good strawman to distract from the fact their lax gun laws allowed a guy who had been investigated for terrorism in the past to purchase assault weapons legally.

Anything to avoid having to talk about the fact it was perfectly avoidable, because he was a terrorist.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
American's being American's. Nothing will change. The death of innocents does not sway them.

--

Saints are the shittest I've seen them in the entire time I've been alive.

Bazal

Post Whore
The best are the people who say that some muppet buying a military assault rifle off the rack and then hosing 100 poor bastards with it three nights later isn't a gun control issue....the whole thing makes me more and more misanthropic

Misanthrope

Staff member
I lived there for near on 5 years. There is no point in using facts in this debate. Nothing will change.

The upside is that they've slowly been slipping back towards the rest of the pack in recent years when it comes to influence and superpower status. At least they aren't the sole big dog dictating global politics anymore.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
morning all

but you need an automatic weapon that can shoot 50 rounds a second for deer and burgulars and their is an old piece of paper that says we have too....or have the right too? No have too, it's mandatory, definitely mandatory

Dammit Drew, I go to Brother Fox in Sutherland to get my Jason Nightingale hand made coffee, and he's not here! And to cap it off, they use shitty White Horse Coffee beans...

This is all your fault, you're dead to me!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Started a new gig today here in China. I'm part of a team helping to develop an RPG themed mini-game to add to an app called ChatGame.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Those arseholes are the reason I drink so much. That and I like the stuff.

I have never felt so disenfranchised by something I loved so much since my ex dumped me about 10 years ago.

I lived there for near on 5 years. There is no point in using facts in this debate. Nothing will change.

I had a mate similar to you who came back. He said the absolute first rule when talking with them is remembering they believe the government has no role to play in their life, and should not touch on their rights. Everything is filtered through that lens.

The upside is that they've slowly been slipping back towards the rest of the pack in recent years when it comes to influence and superpower status. At least they aren't the sole big dog dictating global politics anymore.

Too many nukes to be less of a super power. It actually makes them more dangerous the less powerful or relevant they become. They're more likely to do something stupid... like elect Trump.

Dammit Drew, I go to Brother Fox in Sutherland to get my Jason Nightingale hand made coffee, and he's not here! And to cap it off, they use shitty White Horse Coffee beans...

This is all your fault, you're dead to me!

Hey, not my fault he hates you.

And WHC beans are not shit. They're awesome.

... how did the coffee stack up?

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Coffee was ordinary, there is an oxidised taste to them. I had a second coffee at Grays Point, they used the same beans, and it had the same taste.

I wish I had your palate. Or the memory to remember these things. I make such a poor coffee and wine snob that I'm an insult to coffee and wine snobs.