What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Thread LXXV: Remembering forgotten memories

Bazal

Post Whore
7 singles ?

FFS this reminds me.

The bloke who enters our scores into MyCricket doesn't put boundaries in for some reason. So, for eg, a few weeks ago we had a bloke score 190* off like 120 without a single four or six if you look on the scorecard....

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The bloke who enters our scores into MyCricket doesn't put boundaries in for some reason. So, for eg, a few weeks ago we had a bloke score 190* off like 120 without a single four or six if you look on the scorecard....
It’s not like that’s impossible to do though..

Bazal

Post Whore
did anyone hit 17 off 1 ball?

We actually had zero no balls in the game.

Actually I lie, there was one. A beamer in the very last over to our number ten, who is flat out hitting off the pitch.

I have hit 16 off one ball in Last Man Stands cricket. No ball six, free hit no ball six. First no ball is worth one extra and the second is worth three, so a seven and a nine. But the second no ball counts as a delivery so I didn't get a third chance, dammit

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Technically, correct.

In second grade though....?
Higher likelihood the lower the grade..

Less powerful / skilful batters which can lead to fewer 4’s and definitely fewer 6’s..

Consider:
10 dot balls
30 singles
80 doubles

Score of 190 from 120..

We could throw in a few 3’s too and up the dot balls..

But definitely achievable

Bazal

Post Whore
Higher likelihood the lower the grade..

Less powerful / skilful batters which can lead to fewer 4’s and definitely fewer 6’s..

Consider:
10 dot balls
30 singles
80 doubles

Score of 190 from 120..

We could throw in a few 3’s too and up the dot balls..

But definitely achievable

I think you've missed out a few key variables, to be fair....

Things like "percentage of pack a day smokers in the side", "percentage of genuine alcoholics who can't hold down a steady job", "percentage of fourth grade level rig based selections", and "number of players who came straight to the ground having slept in the back seat of their car outside Moose" are just a few of the important statistics that dictate the general inability of a second grade side to run very much.

Latest posts