What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supercoach 2012.

tallis12

Juniors
Who's your picks ? Loyal to one player year in year out ? Or choose a different team/strategy each year ?

I love Fantasy League so will be interesting too see everyones opinions.

Franko

Juniors
I reckon Steve Johnson and Dale Copley could be good picks next year. Will depend if Copley gets the 5/8 role at the Broncos. Boyd Cordnor from the Roosters might be a handy cheap player next year.

The usual suspects obvioulsy like Gallen, Parker and Stagg etc. Who ever gets the gig as Souths half might be worth having a look at. Josh Maguire could be handy next year.

cleary89

Coach
Cam king from saints will be worth keeping an eye on. Too early to think about planning, wait till team lists start coming out. Roosters should have some good young forwards to get.

lol

I usually pick a team the first day you are able to do so and then I change it about 4000 times before the actual start of the comp. By first kick off, my team looks nothing like what it did when I first selected it.

Franko

Juniors
Cam king from saints will be worth keeping an eye on. Too early to think about planning, wait till team lists start coming out. Roosters should have some good young forwards to get.

Ha ha yeah you are right it's a long way off. I'm a tragic though. I have already bought the 2012 preview league week. Actually Luke from Souths will be a good one to have espesially if he takes back the goal kicking duties.

tallis12

Juniors
lol

I usually pick a team the first day you are able to do so and then I change it about 4000 times before the actual start of the comp. By first kick off, my team looks nothing like what it did when I first selected it.

I do the same :p And yes it's much too early to plan but im having withdrawals.

Anyone know when it starts up again ? Team lists etc

Franko

Juniors
I do the same :p And yes it's much too early to plan but im having withdrawals.

Anyone know when it starts up again ? Team lists etc

Ha ha so am i that's why i do an A League side and also have a side in the NBL and Big Bash to stop the withdrawals. Usually February they bring it out from memory.

Pazza

First Grade
Cheap players i am thinking for next season:

- Mitchell Aubusson
- Ben Smith
- Justin Poore
- Trent Hodgikson
- Timoteo Lafai
- Ben Roberts
- Kyle Stanley
- Mitchell Allgood
- Reni Maitua
- Ken Sio

Tom Sangster
Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 01:35pm

NRL SuperCoach is back to consume our lives once again. We’re launching on January 25 (next Wednesday), so to whet the appetite (and start the mayhem), here’s an exclusive sneak peek at some key player prices and positions.

Corey Parker, Broncos, back row, $488,100
The best player in SuperCoach will set you back plenty this year. But he’s well worth it.

James Graham, Bulldogs, front row forward, $271,900
The SuperCoach organisers have realised what most of us already know, Pommy import Graham will be a SuperCoach gun.

Ashley Harrison, Titans, back row, $332,200
The perennial performer is no longer available at five-eighth, dramatically reducing his SuperCoach worth.

Simon Mannering, Warriors, back row and centre/wing, $288,600
The hardworking Warrior will be a popular pick after being handed dual position status.

I’ll be taking questions live at noon Friday. Send questions and comments now.

SUPERCOACH LAUNCHES ON JANUARY 25 (NEXT WEDNESDAY)

Jason Taumalolo, Cowboys, back row, $150,700
Averaged 43 last year (which would generally mean a price in the low $200,000s), but has been discounted slightly because he only played three games.

Clint Newton, Panthers, back row, $162,600
Didn’t set the fantasy world alight in his past NRL stints, but apparently returns from the Super League a new player.

Kyle Stanley, Dragons, fullback and centre/wing, $185,000
Played bit-parts last year and therefore starts cheap. Gets first crack at Darius Boyd’s fullback spot.

Alex Glenn, Broncos, back row, $275,800
The centre/wing revelation of last season is only available in the back row this year.

Terry Campese, Raiders, five-eighth, $266,800
Plenty of SuperCoaches were looking for a discount this year due to Campese’s injury woes. But no such luck.

Johnathan Thurston, Cowboys, halfback and five-eighth, $336,000
Now available at halfback AND five-eighth, where he is set to play for the Cowboys, Queensland and Australia this year.

Note: These are the prices and positions as they stand now. They are subject to change. In fact, the prices are often adjusted by a percentage point or two in the final days before launch get the formula spot on. Some prices may even be totally recalculated. But in the main, these prices will be very close to the final figures (if not exact) and therefore offer a great tool for helping your teams take shape.

Be part of the SuperCoach Twitter chat @TomSangsterSC and join our Facebook page below.

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg...eek_at_nrl_supercoach_prices_for_2012_season/

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Got my eye on a few names when it opens. Guess everyone is locking parker and gallen in and picking the rest around them?

tallis12

Juniors
Got my eye on a few names when it opens. Guess everyone is locking parker and gallen in and picking the rest around them?

Rhino, I will pick up Parker but probably not Gallen.

I've also got my eye on a few this year.

Pitty Alex Glenn is only available in the back row this year, he served me well playing the whole year in the starting back row in 2011.

Last edited:

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
anyone going to chance it having reynolds as their starting half?

Whats everyone think of bederus?

hardbaby

Coach
It will be a lot harder this year. They have finally got the starting prices close to right. The problem with choosing both Gallen and Parker first up is that it only leaves you with about $4.1 for 23 players.

You can still choose a great team but your ability to up-grade later in the season is diminished as you missed out on some of the early season bargains.

You really need a handful of <$100k players because they are the ones that give you up-grade money. This becomes very important later in the season.

Ausguy

Coach
Hey guys... ive doen a fair amount of work on the 2012 squads... some names to look out for

These players are new to the comp this year and are likely starting 13 players

Matt King
Danny Buderas
CLint Newton
James Graham
Ryan Hoffman

Others who could be in 17 who im eyeing off (some out of left field)
John Grant
Jack De Belin
Aiden Sezer
Konrad Hurell
Lama Tasi

cant wait for Wednesday

Latest posts