What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supercoach 2012.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Sanga pointing out that Parker will only end up playing 6 of the next 16 games and 2 of those possibly backing up from origin so may not be worth getting him back altogether till after origin.

Didn't play last year so I was wondering about this - is it better to be picking non Origin players because of this?

Still a few minor adjustments going through too - Widdop up to 58 which I'm happy with.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Didn't play last year so I was wondering about this - is it better to be picking non Origin players because of this?

Still a few minor adjustments going through too - Widdop up to 58 which I'm happy with.

Depends if you're playing for a high overall score or playing for league glory.

If you just want to take out your leagues then don't worry too much about about non-origin players because you will have byes on those weeks.

If you want a big overall score at the end you'll have to plan for the origin period and soak up some trades.

gronkathon

First Grade
You still cna with one trade left, with the left over money you might even be able to afford Graham (if you don't have him already) or maybe even a Hannant now Thaiday is back to the backrow either way plenty of good options.

Personally I am busy covering injuries alone so am stuck with Zeb still this week which is a little dissapointing.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I think I'm going to swap Parker for Hindy and then wait a week and see if Cam Smith's price drops. Also because I think some of my front rowers prices might go up and make it a bit more economical.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Depends if you're playing for a high overall score or playing for league glory.

If you just want to take out your leagues then don't worry too much about about non-origin players because you will have byes on those weeks.

If you want a big overall score at the end you'll have to plan for the origin period and soak up some trades.

I was thinking that getting a number of Kiwis/Poms would help with Origin time, guys like Graham/Matteo would be good picks to cover Parker now.

I think my plan of attack will be Tedesco & Parker out for Slater & Graham or Matteo in, moving Burgess to the second row if I go with Graham.

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
My strategy this year is all about the head to head.

The long term injury to Parker and the range of good performers that would allow me to trade in over the next two weeks might mean he is gone for good from my side until I cash in my cash cows

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah I'm all about bragging rights over my mates so I don't worry a whole lot about origin.

I have a bad habit of leaving myself with minimal trades by the end so I'm going to tread carefully this season...........I also said this last season but only left myself with 3 trades going into the finals. Lost my the GF in my main league by 2 points after the mother of all score adjustments stripped Hayne of 20 points .

Mr Saab

Referee
440pm and it is still locked out. They better improve their lockout times cause we have an Anzac day game on Weds April 25 and that will mean it will be open for less than a day before it is locked again.