What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

Dragon Jim

Juniors
I need to get in JWH at some point, and this week may be the week.

8 trades left, and even though i should be saving them I need to bring in some keepers, so here are the thoughts:

Graham out - Fifita in
M Blair out - Hurrell in

Leaves me with 6. Considering trading out Hodkinson, bringing in Milford, but too much indecision especially with fergo coming back eventually, Edrick Lee also, so not sure how safe Milford is from being cut even if he is better than Robinson ATM.

Out of that 6, targetting Parker, Thurston and JWH. Should give me a decent shot at H2H glory

Spot On

Coach
I need to get in JWH at some point, and this week may be the week.

8 trades left, and even though i should be saving them I need to bring in some keepers, so here are the thoughts:

Graham out - Fifita in
M Blair out - Hurrell in

Leaves me with 6. Considering trading out Hodkinson, bringing in Milford, but too much indecision especially with fergo coming back eventually, Edrick Lee also, so not sure how safe Milford is from being cut even if he is better than Robinson ATM.

Out of that 6, targetting Parker, Thurston and JWH. Should give me a decent shot at H2H glory

Graham is my weak frf. I'm holding for a while to see what happens with Gallen. I have enough money and enough trades to get both Gal and Fifita but I'm concerned how they will score when both back for the Sharks. I fear Fafita will still score well but not as well as other frf available.

Fifita averages 63 when Gal plays and nearly 99 when Gal is out!!!

You'd be crazy to punt Blair atm as he is on fire. He's averaging 72 when the origin players are in the Mlb team from R10 onwards. (He played only 18 mins in R8 and R9 so I'm not including those scores in his average). Is there a better ctw than that? That said, how long will the attack favour his side? He sure is getting over the line a lot. Can't go on forever can it?

I don't like Hodkinson so turf him for whoever you like.

I've been told Fergo won't be playing NRL any time soon, if at all. We'll see how true that is in time.

As for JWH, he's on the cut off. Probably going to score better than Graham but not as highly as 5 or 6 other frf you could get, however he seems to be very consistent with his scores. What chance of him getting further suspension time though?

Last edited:

RHCP

Bench
Peats, Graham, Greenshields, Campese out -> Fifita, Parker, Lyon, Tia-Kilifi each

Good week of trades for me.

HowHigh

Coach
I've reversed my trades so many times already lol
I've got 7 trades left and want to bring in Parker, Smith, Fifita and Gillett
If I do this I'll only have 2 trades left from round 21 onwards...not looking good
I might have to pass on Fifita or just keep Taufua and forget about Gillett....decisions decisions

Dogs Of War

Coach
Tariq Sims, James Segeyaro, Matt Moylan and Jacob Loko out. Michael Jennings, James Maloney, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Corey Oates in.

I wanted to drop Don, but I need flexibility in the fullback position, so Moylan had to go. I still want to pick up Gallen once he is available but that's the only change I will make going forward. So really my final team is this.

FRF
10. Waerea-Hargreaves, J
9. Luke, I
8. Farah, R
20. Smith, C
21. Burgess, G
22. Graham, J

2RF
12. Mateo, F
13. Peachey, T
11. Williams, S
23. Parker, C
24. Burgess, S
25. Williams, T - Will move to centres to make way for Gallen

HB
7. Kelly, A
19. Thompson, R

5/8
6. Maloney, J
18. Milford, A

CTW
5. Nofoaluma, D - Will drop out of the side once Gallen is available.
4. Gagai, D
3. Chambers, W
2. Jennings, M
15. Inu, K
16. Don, A
17. Oates, C

FB
1. Inglis, G
14. Barba, B

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Used all 4 trades for the first time...

Graham out for Fifita
Greenshields out for Chee-Kam
Moylan out for Inglis
Hodkinson out for Milford

5 trades remaining, 100k in the bank and all I need is Parker and Gallen for the team that I want.

firechild

First Grade
My team is:

B. Slater
J. Roberts

J. Lyon
G. Inglis
K. Hurrell
M. Gillett
M. Blair
B. Williame
M. O'Dare

J. Sutton
R. Lui

A. Reynolds
A. Kelly

A. Watmough
S. Williams
C. Parker
J. Horo
L. Sao
C. Oates

C. Smith
I. Luke
R. Farah
S. Burgess
J. Graham
K. Evans

Purple are those that will probably not play, all are $87,500.
Red are those I intend to trade out. Horo Might be kept as he's scoring well and isn't a bad AE. Will also save me a trade just in case. I have about $103k left to upgrade Lui, Roberts or Horo.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Lui to Milford should happen ASAP. Gives you plenty of room to move Reynolds/Kelly/Milford around as all are dual 5/8th/Half players.

I think Oates is a solid pickup, not likely to play, but if he does, he seems to score well. EDIT: Just notice you have him already, might be nice to push him to the CTW role and backfill the second row.

As for Roberts. I would look for a dual CTW/FB player to backfill that role. Just in case you run out of trades or want to hold off using them, Slater gets injured, at least you have the flexibility to move someone from the Centres to fullback.

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
Bit stuck at the moment and would appreciate some help, got 7 trades left and $256k in the kitty, any advice would be appreciated.

Here is my team at the moment

FB
Barba
Moylan

CTW
Inglis
Lyon
Gillett
R.Robinson
Roberts
Nofo

5/8
Lui
Campese

1/2
Kelly
Marshall

FRF
Farah
Merrin
Woods
J.Graham
Segeyaro
R.Thompson

2RF
S.Burgess
Fensom
SBW
Harris
W.Graham
Oates

I have to get rid of Robinson and W.Graham at a minimum, thinking of bringing in Jennings for Robinson ($30k cost) and Hargreaves for Segeyaro ($30k).

Plan is to bring in Smith and Parker after Round 19 (if I have enough cash), but also thinking I need to bring in a keeper half, maybe Maloney (can't really afford Thurston)?

Don't think I can afford guys like Luke/Gallen/Fifita

Anyways some advice would be appreciated

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
Firechild, Ok looked at what money you have, and what you can do this week.

Starting captial : $103K
Lui out for Milford. $237,700 - $195,800 = 41,900
Subtotal : 144,900

James Roberts out for Runciman, Charly = $185,500 - 87,500 = 98,000
Subtotal : 242,900

I would then suggest dropping S Burgess back to the second row to provide yourself more options dropping one of the two in purple, and then grabbing one of the hot FRF with the cash you have (You will have $330,400 to upgrade which provides a decent range of players. You all know I love JWH, and he is priced well this week, cause it will allow you some cash to leave in the kitty in case another injury befalls your squad).

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
AB, will give you some advice tomorrow. Just about to finish work, and need to get to the TAB so I can put $10 on Fifita for first try scorer. Only bet I will have on the game.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah Robbo won't be seeing much joy while Milford is killing it. Jarrod Croker is one to consider at this stage. Just under 200k for a goal kicking centre is pretty good and he's capable of some big scores on his day.

Milford is a good option at 5/8 IMO. Playing 80 mins now, makes a lot of tackle breaks and the Raiders are looking to involve him a lot.

With 256K in the bank you should be able to upgrade Graham to Fifita without breakin a sweat.

Yeah and probably to need to find a way to get Cameron Smith in your team. Although Bellamy has a nasty habit of resting him at the back-end of the season. He's f*cked me on two occassions where he's rested Smith on SC Grand Final weekend. Thank god for rolling trades this season.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Reports that Inglis out for 2 months!!

Hopefully it's just a strain. Could be back in 4-5 weeks then. I'm holding onto him as I don't want to throw away a trade at this point.

EDIT: Also had to reverse my trades, don't want to waste 'em with Inglis possibly needing replacement. So now am only doing seg -> JWH and Loko->Jennings

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
Bit stuck at the moment and would appreciate some help, got 7 trades left and $256k in the kitty, any advice would be appreciated.

Here is my team at the moment

FB
Barba
Moylan

CTW
Inglis
Lyon
Gillett
R.Robinson
Roberts
Nofo

5/8
Lui
Campese

1/2
Kelly
Marshall

FRF
Farah
Merrin
Woods
J.Graham
Segeyaro
R.Thompson

2RF
S.Burgess
Fensom
SBW
Harris
W.Graham
Oates

I have to get rid of Robinson and W.Graham at a minimum, thinking of bringing in Jennings for Robinson ($30k cost) and Hargreaves for Segeyaro ($30k).

Plan is to bring in Smith and Parker after Round 19 (if I have enough cash), but also thinking I need to bring in a keeper half, maybe Maloney (can't really afford Thurston)?

Don't think I can afford guys like Luke/Gallen/Fifita

Anyways some advice would be appreciated

To be honest, with your squad, and Inglis's injury, I would get rid of him. This then allows you to have more room to upgrade other positions.

Inglis -> Jennings gives you $50K extra (306K)
Lui -> Maloney looses you 49K (257K)
Robinson 224K-> JMorris 154K gives you 70K (326K)
Ray Thompson 164K -> JWH 277K looses you 113K (216K)

THis leaves you with 3 trades and decent money in the bank. I would aim for Parker over Smith which should be able to do in a couple of weeks time no problem once his price has dropped, though it doesn't drop by enough that I wouldn't just jump the gun as soon as you can.

Then you would still have 2 trades up your sleeve to use for season ending injuries which are happen like you have seen.

abpanther

Staff member
To be honest, with your squad, and Inglis's injury, I would get rid of him. This then allows you to have more room to upgrade other positions.

Inglis -> Jennings gives you $50K extra (306K)
Lui -> Maloney looses you 49K (257K)
Robinson 224K-> JMorris 154K gives you 70K (326K)
Ray Thompson 164K -> JWH 277K looses you 113K (216K)

THis leaves you with 3 trades and decent money in the bank. I would aim for Parker over Smith which should be able to do in a couple of weeks time no problem once his price has dropped, though it doesn't drop by enough that I wouldn't just jump the gun as soon as you can.

Then you would still have 2 trades up your sleeve to use for season ending injuries which are happen like you have seen.

Thanks for the feedback man

Those moves all make sense, you don't think I need to also get Smith to be competitive in the finals?

Maybe with those last 2 trades I can downgrade someone to a non playing person and then bring in Smith?

gronkathon

First Grade
Greenshields, Inglis, Marshall & Robinson Out

Oates, Boyd, Dugan & Maloney In

5 trades left

Last edited:

Latest posts