What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

Dogs Of War

Coach
Thanks for the feedback man

Those moves all make sense, you don't think I need to also get Smith to be competitive in the finals?

Maybe with those last 2 trades I can downgrade someone to a non playing person and then bring in Smith?

As has been pointed out previously. Smith in the last round always get rested. I would hold onto those last 2 trades till the finals, then use one appropriately to upgrade who you feel would benefit your team the most. Mainly cause you need trades in case a season ending injury befalls your team. Best not to put all your eggs into the one basket. Inglis getting injured screwed up my plan this week.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Reversed the Moylan for Inglis trade. Will probably just hold on to the trade this week, there's no other backs I want at this stage.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
As has been pointed out previously. Smith in the last round always get rested. I would hold onto those last 2 trades till the finals, then use one appropriately to upgrade who you feel would benefit your team the most. Mainly cause you need trades in case a season ending injury befalls your team. Best not to put all your eggs into the one basket. Inglis getting injured screwed up my plan this week.

Hopefully this season, the Storm are in a position where they must win the last round to secure a home final. It's the years when they've been clear minor premiers that he's been rested.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Hopefully this season, the Storm are in a position where they must win the last round to secure a home final. It's the years when they've been clear minor premiers that he's been rested.

I just don't see them making up the ground on the roosters. I'm sure if they have locked in 3rd they will be happy.

Either way, you must have at least 1 trade, if not 2 for the first week of the finals.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Reversed the Moylan for Inglis trade. Will probably just hold on to the trade this week, there's no other backs I want at this stage.

Yeah even though he's leaking cash I'm going to hang on to Moylan to cover Inglis who I can hide in the centres for now. Have some more pressing issues in the back row to fix first.

Probably also means no halves upgrade and running with Kelly, Sutton and Benji for the rest of the season.

abpanther

Staff member
To be honest, with your squad, and Inglis's injury, I would get rid of him. This then allows you to have more room to upgrade other positions.

Inglis -> Jennings gives you $50K extra (306K)
Lui -> Maloney looses you 49K (257K)
Robinson 224K-> JMorris 154K gives you 70K (326K)
Ray Thompson 164K -> JWH 277K looses you 113K (216K)

THis leaves you with 3 trades and decent money in the bank. I would aim for Parker over Smith which should be able to do in a couple of weeks time no problem once his price has dropped, though it doesn't drop by enough that I wouldn't just jump the gun as soon as you can.

Then you would still have 2 trades up your sleeve to use for season ending injuries which are happen like you have seen.

One other thing, you don't think I should get rid of W.Graham given his injury? He's out for 3-4 weeks. Should I trade him out instead of Thompson?

Dogs Of War

Coach
One other thing, you don't think I should get rid of W.Graham given his injury? He's out for 3-4 weeks. Should I trade him out instead of Thompson?

Up to you really. At least Graham is a decent player when fit, scores better that Thompson in case you need to use him. Plus you know his price won't change, and if needed you can use him to upgrade to someone else closer to the finals at low cost.

Don't forget that Lewis hurt himself last night, and who knows if Gallen will be back at all. So there may be an opportunity for greater minutes once he returns to the field.

On the other side of the coin, if Thompson can have a few good weeks in a row, then you might see a good price rise out of him, making it easier to upgrade to someone else. And he is available now if you need to use him.

Last edited:

firechild

First Grade
GI gone for up to 8 weeks. That means it's the end of his supercoach season effectively. Time to make a trade for another gun methinks.

Dogs Of War

Coach
GI gone for up to 8 weeks. That means it's the end of his supercoach season effectively. Time to make a trade for another gun methinks.

In going to ride it out. He could come in handy if others have got rid of him and can't trade him back in if he becomes available. I sort of have coverage for him.

shiznit

Coach
GI has just f**ked me over big time... My squad was already carrying Hayne and Loko.... I might just trade them all this week... Bring in Dugan, hurrell and watmough

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Really stumped with what to do with my team, only 6 trades left and 270k remaining.

FRF: Luke, Merrin, Farah, Graham, Gurgess, Timu
2RF: SBW, Fensom, Parker, Surgess, Glenn, Harris
HB: A.Kelly, Marshall
5/8: Sutton, Hampton
CTW: Inglis, Gordon, Lyon, Nofoaluma, Loko, Hiku, Oates
FB: Barba, Moylan

Only have six trades left, the idea this week (now) is

Inglis -> Hurrell
Loko -> Jennings
Harris -> Watmong
Hiku -> Gillett

Then
Gurgess -> C.Smith

With one trade left, means I'm probably running with Barba/Moylan as my fullback.s

Dogs Of War

Coach
Why not hold onto loko? Trade either Barba or Moylan into Jennings or better by moving Gordon or one of the other dual position players back there?

Warmess

Juniors
Only got 5 trades left =(

GI -> Jennings
Graham -> JWH

Only 39k in the bank and I'm in desperate need of a gun fb. I'm currently running Tedesco and Moylan. I also need to get Gallen when he comes back, so I'm gonna be running a tight ship for a while.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
All I really want to do now is bring Gallen and Parker in and maybe upgrade one of my CTWs.

FRF: C. Smith, Merrin, Fifita, Farah, S. Burgess, Woods

2RF: Fensom, SBW, Mateo, Sims, Terepo, Chee-Kam

HFB: Thurston, Milford

5/8: Kelly, Marshall

CTW: Gillett, Gordon, Lyon, Taufua, J. Roberts, Sauiluma, Low

FB: Barba, Moylan

Latest posts