What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

shiznit

Coach
1) M Gordon
2) G Inglis
3) M Vatuvei
4) N Smith
5) L Brown
6) J Hayne
7) S Johnson
8) C Smith
9) R Farrah
10) T Merrin
11) L Fulton
12) T Williams
13) S.B Williams

14) J Buhrer
15) T Harris
16) J Horo
17) M Fonua

18) M Taupau
19) D Klemmer
20) J Buchanan
21) J Drinkwater
22) A Kelly
23) D Low
24) M Chee Kam
25) A Don

what do you guys reckon??

shiznit

Coach
My final team. For now.

1) J Hayne
2) G Inglis
3) T Williams
4) M Gordon
5) D Low
6) J Thurston
7) K Gidley
8) T Merrin
9) C Smith
10) J Buhrer
11) S Burgess
12) F Mateo
13) T Sims

14) A Kelly
15) B Lawrence
16) T Harris
17) J Horo

18) M Taupau
19) D Klemmer
20) J Sene-Lefao
21) J Loko
22) M Fonua
23) J Drinkwater
24) E Cummins
25) M Chee Kam

Thoughts?

similar to me... ive gone down the hype lane i reckon though and went with SBW & the beast... i reckon i might get rid of them by kick off.

i see you picked both Taupau and Klemmer... same as me... i was a bit worried about how much minutes they get when Kasiano and Pritchard get back... so them getting named early could be a smokescreen.

shiznit

Coach
whats everyone's thoughts on Liam Fulton??

i thought people would be all over him now that heighton & ellis are gone... but i havent seen anyone really mention him.

Nevcost

Juniors
Cameron King, Junior Moors, Sam Moa, Brenton Lawrence or other? Got a slot in my FRF I want to fill with a cheapy. Moa and Lawrence and are both named to start, but come at a higher price than Moors and King, who are named as benchies. Also a chance Moa and Lawrence could be shuffled out.

I'd go Sam Rapira he's cheap and guaranteed more game time then any of the rookies

Walt Flanigan

Referee
If it was the same scoring system as last year I'd be all over him. Tackling machines are gonna take a hit this year.

Edwahu

Bench
My squad

FB: Beale, W.Naiqama
CTW: Inglis, Brown, Teo, Gordon, Fonua, Loko, Tuivasa-Sheck,
5/8: Thurston, Kelly
HB: Gidley, Miller
2R: SBW, T.Williams, Frizzel, T.Sims, Horo, T.Harris
FR: Burgess, C.Smith, Asotasi, Moore, Mcillwrick, Buchanan

Taking a punt on Naiqama and Asotasi to have better years and SBW to play enough.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
If it was the same scoring system as last year I'd be all over him. Tackling machines are gonna take a hit this year.

Yeah, I'm staying away from workhorse style players because of it. It will be interesting to see if people get some consistent scores this year, I feel they could be all over the place.

I haven't finished my team yet, still trying to pick between one final backrower, someone like Te'o, Cooper or Matt Ryan.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Well I think I am going to lock in this squad to start with.

10. Lawrence, B
9. McGuire, J
8. Merrin, T
20. Lussick, D
21. Burgess, G
22. Klemmer, D

12. Buhrer, J
13. Smith, N
11. Burgess, S
23. Te'o, B
24. Brown, L
25. Sims, T

7. Gidley, K
19. Kelly, A
6. Norman, C
18. Kelly, L

5. Beale, G
4. Kenny-Dowall, S
3. Williams, T
2. Inglis, G
15. Tuivasa-Sheck, R
16. Loko, J
17. Chee Kam, M
1. Gordon, M
14. Roberts, J

Any thoughts on the squad? Plenty of interchange ability between the forwards and backs which I do like.

abpanther

Staff member
Alright, this is what I've settled on for the opening round

1. Gordon
2. Merritt
3. Inglis
4. L.Brown
5. Tuivasa-Sheck
6. Hayne
7. Thurston
8. Fifita
9. C. Smith
10. Burgess
11. Buhrer
12. Te'o
13. W.Graham

Bench
14. T.Sims
15. T.Harris
16. Beale
17. Fonau

Rapira
Taupau
Buchanen
Sene-Lafao
Miller
A.Kelly
Loko
Low

Dogs Of War

Coach
Can someone explain to me how to add and drop players?

I can't find any option to drop and add players from my original 17

Help please

S is to substitute players that haven't been selected into your starting 13 (It's also great for moving Centres to Second Row etc if you have dual position players)

R is so they can be named a reserve (best to deselect a reserve first, otherwise it just deselects one in the order you selected them previously)

T is to trade out that position. You will need to remove someone if you have no spaces left.

And most importantly, ensure you use C and V (Capt/Vice Captain) so you get double points for one player.

Wato

Juniors
What everyone's thoughts on SBW now? Is he a sell or are you guys holding onto him.

Dogs Of War

Coach
What everyone's thoughts on SBW now? Is he a sell or are you guys holding onto him.

If the rumours are correct, he will run around for about 20mins. Lets say he gets 40mins the next couple of weeks (looking at an average of say 35-40 points if he performs exceptionally in those stints), his price will start to come down, and I reckon by week 5-6 you will be able to pick him up for say $210-220K. That's a price I will bite on, cause I think he can be a $300K player picking up anywhere from 55-75points on a regular basis.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Agreed. I'd like to see him play 3 games of 40mins+ in a row before I wasted a spot on him. If he's only playing every second game he's an absolute waste of a roster spot.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Well I think I am going to lock in this squad to start with.

10. Lawrence, B
9. McGuire, J
8. Merrin, T
20. Lussick, D
21. Burgess, G
22. Klemmer, D

12. Buhrer, J
13. Smith, N
11. Burgess, S
23. Te'o, B
24. Brown, L
25. Sims, T

7. Gidley, K
19. Kelly, A
6. Norman, C
18. Kelly, L

5. Beale, G
4. Kenny-Dowall, S
3. Williams, T
2. Inglis, G
15. Tuivasa-Sheck, R
16. Loko, J
17. Chee Kam, M
1. Gordon, M
14. Roberts, J

Any thoughts on the squad? Plenty of interchange ability between the forwards and backs which I do like.

Suggestions for captain. Was just going to go with Merrin this week, though I did consider Inglis, I think that may be too much of a risk week 1, given I have no idea how good the roosters are. I think with my team, the only other real captain option is Sam Burgess. Thoughts?

abpanther

Staff member
Alright, this is what I've settled on for the opening round

1. Gordon
2. Merritt
3. Inglis
4. L.Brown
5. Tuivasa-Sheck
6. Hayne
7. Thurston
8. Fifita
9. C. Smith
10. Burgess
11. Buhrer
12. Te'o
13. W.Graham

Bench
14. T.Sims
15. T.Harris
16. Beale
17. Fonau

What about for me?

I was thinking Smith as captain but still mulling over it

gronkathon

First Grade
Smith is my pick. The Dragons present opportunities for his kicking game both tactical and conversion plus the Price run style should mean he will make a good amount of tackles.