What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

Dogs Of War

Coach
I think for both of you, that you also need to realise that stacking the deck also has it's disadvantages in that you may need to start those guys. Also there are cash cows like T.Sims who are undervalued, who should see big rises very quickly. Or become guys you just keep so you don't need to trade them out. So you need to look at the mid range guys as well.

A good one is B. Lawerence for Manly, he is the best points per minutes player in the comp, but he has only ever come off the bench before. I am rolling the dice with him starting, cause that upside with more minutes has a big price rise written all over it (not to mention keeper!)

abpanther

Staff member
Hey it's my first year, give me a break, I need all the advice I can get, pretty hard to forecast scores given how complex the scoring rules are

abpanther

Staff member
I think for both of you, that you also need to realise that stacking the deck also has it's disadvantages in that you may need to start those guys. Also there are cash cows like T.Sims who are undervalued, who should see big rises very quickly. Or become guys you just keep so you don't need to trade them out. So you need to look at the mid range guys as well.

When you say 'stacking the deck', are you referring to stashing too many low prices roughies on the bench? So the risk is that while they may develop into cash cows that you can use to upgrade other positions, they will not be particularly helpful if you need to bring them into your starting lineup due to injury, suspension, etc?

Wato

Juniors
Starting guys are all fine.

These guys below are way too much of a risk. They may only play spottingly, if at all. Yes they have potential, but they are the sort of guys you pick up once they have been named to start. At best keep one. Better to have a cash cow playing off the bench in real life, than not at all. They can't go up in value that way.

18.J.Kahu -
19.P.Hika
20.M.Chee-kam
23.J.Buchanan

Can't fault these guys below, all have plenty of upside.

21.A.Kelly
22.T.Harris
24.D.Klemmer
25.T.Browne

Thanks. I think I will have to stick with those four thou because I don't really have the cash to upgrade them to better cash cows so hopefully they can see a few games between now and the end of origin and then I can trade them out.

abpanther

Staff member
A good one is B. Lawerence for Manly, he is the best points per minutes player in the comp, but he has only ever come off the bench before. I am rolling the dice with him starting, cause that upside with more minutes has a big price rise written all over it (not to mention keeper!)

I guess the other thing I'm gonna have to learn once the season starts is when you have a mid-level guy who is doing well and his price is going up, is it better to sell him while he's hot to upgrade another position and get a more proven performer or do you keep him while he's performing

gronkathon

First Grade
Buchanan will be a starter for at least round 1 and is more likely to steal a bench spot off Thompson or Bell after that. Potter has huge wraps on him.

I tried to find room for Lawrence but decided to stack the FRF bench with Moore, Klemmer & Buchanan to start.

For all the hype on Tariq I am not sold on him as a SC Star just yet. If he takes a starting spot and doesn't get injured I may be proven wrong. With the Stewart injury I am banking Horo will see a bigger rise

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Ah ok, I see.

I didn't know the H2H rounds start later, that makes perfect sense now. Obviously if you're going for the top crown it compromises your ability to stash roughies early on.

Yeah H2H will be my focus too for season 1 while I learn the ropes :D

Well it's probably a good year to be your first. This is my fifth but with all the new scoring tweeks it feels like I'm starting all over again!

ethan tremblay

Juniors
my side

1.zillman
2.n.smith
3.frizell
4.idris
5.inglis
6.hayne
7.thurston
8.gallen
9.smith
10.s.rapira
11.buherer
12.horro
13.L.brown
14.marshall
15.mateo
16.harris
17.ikahihffiao

18.tuapau
19.klemmer
20.buchannan
21.ryan james
22.loko
23.low
24.p.hiku
25.m fonua

thoughts on this team anyone?

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
You also have a lot of money locked up in the halves, which could be a good ploy

The first few weeks are going to be so interesting, it could be a case of someone with double halves having some ridiculous score. Would turn the game upside down if someone with say Thurston, Marshall, Cronk, Hayne as their halves ended up with a score of 1500.

shiznit

Coach
Made some changes... what you guys reckon???

1. J. Hayne
2. G. Inglis
3. M. Gordon
4. N. Smith
5. J. Loko
6. J.Thurston
7. S. Johnson
8. T. Merrin
9. R. Farrah
10. C. Smith
11. J. Buherer
12. T. Williams
13. M. Gillett

14. T. Sims
15. J. Horo
16. T. Harris
17. K. Gidley

18. M. Taupau
19. D. Klemmer
20. J. Buchannan
21. A. Kelly
22. M. Fonua
23. D. Low
24. M. Chee-Kam
25. A. Don

Spot On

Coach
How will the Panthers bench affect Lewis Brown and Nathan Smith's minutes???

Tariq - still a buy off the bench or wait till in starting lineup and a few weeks under his belt.

Hayne - too expensive at 385K or a must have?

Anyone taking a punt on Idris?

afinalsin666

First Grade
Okay, a couple of small changes, but this is it this time. I'm leaving it:

1. G. Inglis
2. J. Lyon
3. M. Gordon
4. D. Boyd
5. G. Beale
6. C. Cronk
7. J. Thurston
8. C. Smith (c)
9. R. Farrah
10. S. Moore
11. R. Maitua
12. T. Sims
13. T. Harris

14. B. Slater
15. J. Loko
16. J. Hayne
17. A. Kelly

18. D. Low
19. M. Fonua
20. J. Sene-Lafao
21. T. Brown
22. J. Stockwell
23. J. Buchanan
24. D. Klemmer
25. M. Taupau

I'm confident with this line-up. 6 fullbacks, a world class goal kicking centre, 2 world class halves, and two world class hookers. Bring it on!

Also, does anyone know when the draw for the private leagues H2H comes out?

Last edited:

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Pretty happy with my team:

1. Hayne
2. Inglis
3. Te'o
4. M Gordon
5. W Naiqama / D Tupou
6. Thurston
7. Gidley
8. Smith (c)
9. Farah
10. Merrin (vc)
11. Mateo
12. Buhrer
13. N Smith

14. Rapira
15. L Brown
16. Horo
17. T Harris

18. G Burgess
19. D Klemmer
20. Drinkwater
21. A Kelly
22. D Tupou / W Naiqama
23. Loko
24. Low
25. Fonua

My only problem is making up my mind on who to puut on the bench. I think guys like G Burgess, Klemmer, Loko and Kelly could score big and not be on my bench.

Last edited:

some11

Referee
Can you guys list your teams like this so it's easier on the eye?

Smith, Farah, Merrin (Rapira, Taupau, Buchanan)
Myles, Mcguire, Buhrer (Horo, Finucane, Harris)
Maloney (Drinkwater)
Hayne (Kelly)
Hodges, Gordon, Brown, Smith (Tupou, Loko, Fonua)
Inglis (Tedesco)

bails

Juniors
Can you guys list your teams like this so it's easier on the eye?

Smith, Farah, Merrin (Rapira, Taupau, Buchanan)
Myles, Mcguire, Buhrer (Horo, Finucane, Harris)
Maloney (Drinkwater)
Hayne (Kelly)
Hodges, Gordon, Brown, Smith (Tupou, Loko, Fonua)
Inglis (Tedesco)

Agree with posting your teams like mentioned and if that is your team listed than i will say i like it.(Whats your team name?)

Jason Maher

Immortal
My team:

S. Burgess, Berrigan, Douglas, (C. King, Stockwell, Murdoch-Masila)
Gallen (c), Bird, Sims, (Mason, Kostjasyn, McQueen)
Thurston (vc), (Drinkwater)
Sezer, (Miller)
B. Morris, Turner, Mead, Beale, (W. Naiqama, B. Thompson, K. Gordon)
Inglis, (Cummins)

Nevcost

Juniors
Brisbane Brewers

Buhrer, Farrah, C.Smith (C) (Sam Rapira, Martin Taupau, Buchanan)
T.Williams, Te'o, Mateo (Horo, N.Smith, T.Harris)
Sezer (Fien)
Thurston (Miller)
Beale, M. Gordon, Dowall, Inglis (V-C) (Low, Loko, Tupou)
Gidley (Fonua)

$23 400 left under the cap

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
Ahh last day before the first lockout.

True to form I have guted my team three times this week and started over to the point I don't remember if my team is better or worse then the one I had started with.

:lol: Oh the joy

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Ahh last day before the first lockout.

True to form I have guted my team three times this week and started over to the point I don't remember if my team is better or worse then the one I had started with.

:lol: Oh the joy

:lol: I did that and I can't even remember who my bench was on Monday, it's totally different. I think I had Kane Evans and Chee Kam as my 87kers as well, that's the only thing I remember.

Latest posts