What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

Dogs Of War

Coach
Anyone thinking of punting Inglis? His average is on the way down and Origin isnt far away.

GI is still has 5 rounds to go before he faces his first bye.

Currently his BE is 83.

Games coming up :
vs Sea Eagles - Likely to score around the 50 mark. (and if he does, his price will only go down $9K)
vs Broncos - Really depends which Broncos turn up, still I think 50-60 is the ball park

If he does do that only, he will lose about 30K.

After that...
vs Cowboys - Potential field day. I think 60-80 is about right
vs West Tigers - Could break all sorts of Supercoach records
vs Sharks - So unknown this far out....

It's a hard one to call, cause really unless you believe you can slot in someone who will produce at those levels straight away, it's probably better off revisiting just before origin.

You will have 4 trades available that week, so you will need to bring in a few guys to replace your origin guys unless you think you can get away with them on the bench.

EDIT:
Greg Inglis put a scare through South Sydney on Friday night when he aggravated an old hip problem during the Test in Canberra, but South Sydney officials believe he is unlikely to miss any football as a result.
Inglis said he was ''all good'' after the contest, despite limping. The Rabbitohs fullback, who scored a try at centre in Australia's 32-12 win over New Zealand, returned to Sydney on Friday, with Souths officials deciding whether to organise scans for their star player. The Australian doctor Wilson Lo examined Inglis after he was replaced with 10 minutes left, and consulted with Souths medical staff afterwards.
Lo said Inglis was taken off as a precaution. ''It's an old problem,'' Lo said. ''We decided to be safe rather than sorry. I've spoken with the Souths doctor. Greg will be reviewed by him. He could have kept on playing, but there was no point keeping him out there.''
Inglis had hip surgery in late 2010, then aggravated the joint, in the 2011 Anzac Test.
Advertisement
Souths medical staff will assess Inglis before the Rabbitohs' match against Manly on Friday night.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-kiwi-clash-20130420-2i71n.html#ixzz2R9gVwaKG

Actually that changes things. Do you think Inglis will be a little limited in what he can do? Maybe it is time to say goodbye. Personally I would at least wait a week given his price isn't going to go down too far, cause there is the potential to create havoc coming up.

Last edited:

Edwahu

Bench
Its risky but I am thinking of getting rid of both Robinson and Inglis this week. Might not bother though as there is not a lot value out there.

Karnivayne

Juniors
Its risky but I am thinking of getting rid of both Robinson and Inglis this week. Might not bother though as there is not a lot value out there.

You could dump Robinson for Edrick Lee making about 100k then by the time you pick up Robinson back for Lee they should be a similar price.

Edwahu

Bench
I have ended up trading out Lewis Brown and Robinson for Moylan and Maloney. I figure Brown will drop a bit now he is playing in the centers.

I would pick up Lee but I am not sure on his scoring potential with the run Canberra have coming up.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I have ended up trading out Lewis Brown and Robinson for Moylan and Maloney. I figure Brown will drop a bit now he is playing in the centers.

I would pick up Lee but I am not sure on his scoring potential with the run Canberra have coming up.

Brown's BE is only 27. So if you have a better trade option, make that.

gronkathon

First Grade
Traded out Reece Robinson and Jacob Loko

Switched Brown to the centres bought in SBW and bought in Bodene Thompson

Am sitting Lewis Brown this week as he is starting in the centres though and actually playing Bodene.

Bench is a hard one this week. Burgess & Brenton Lawrence are likely two but with injuries and some tough matches around I may risk running Tedesco & Sezer as two benchies

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Going to hang on to Robinson. Keeper IMO.

Nathan Smith out for Don.

I know Smith is back this week and Don has another week before adjustments.....but Smith is off the bench and I don't think he'll get his BE. Plus I'm freeing up some cash for some big buys next week.

Mr Saab

Referee
Traded Tohu Harris for Tariq Sims. MAde 50k or so and have 120k in the bank for next week when i piss off Merritt

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Not sure if this is the week to get rid of Harris, he's starting at lock.

I'm doing Humble to Don, trying to decide whether or not to burn a trade on someone like Klemmer or Low who aren't causing me any problems to get Tedesco in. Can't bring myself to trade out Te'o even though his BE is increasing since Souffs have a nice bye schedule.

Mr Saab

Referee
I know, but Sims should go well and has more points in him than Harris...esp tackle busts and 8m runs.
Harris has run his race and is purely a 50-55 point player....which is good, but when Sims is avail at 120k or so you cant pass that up

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Harris' BE is 25 so he's still got a bit left in him. I like him because he's been rock solid during a period of backrow failure in my team.

Might wait until post-origin to unload him.

Tooooks

Bench
Supercoach is a frustrating game. At the start of the round I look at my predicted score and take 100 points off it. I've got a pretty good team but it seems every week a majority of my players underperform while two or three will go big.

I didn't see the games yesterday as I was at work, but SBW was about 40 points at halftime and finished on 59 (I realise he'll probably go higher when the scores are recounted)? Merrin 45? C.Smith 61.

It's the nature of the game, I guess. On the plus side, I should easily win head to head.

ek999

First Grade
The only good thing about SBW, Merrin and Smith scoring so low is that most people have them in their teams so it isn't too much damage

Dogs Of War

Coach
Supercoach is a frustrating game. At the start of the round I look at my predicted score and take 100 points off it. I've got a pretty good team but it seems every week a majority of my players underperform while two or three will go big.

I didn't see the games yesterday as I was at work, but SBW was about 40 points at halftime and finished on 59 (I realise he'll probably go higher when the scores are recounted)? Merrin 45? C.Smith 61.

It's the nature of the game, I guess. On the plus side, I should easily win head to head.

SBW came off after 60mins when the game was well in hand. So his points are spot on. Cam Smith wasn't the key this week to setting up plays (I notice he gets a lot of try assists whenever he makes a few steps from dummy half before passing and setting up a try). No real opportunities in yesterdays match for him to do that as the Warriors got up quick, so the Storm played in wider.

Late mail has Buchanan not playing this weekend, so sub him out, or run the risk of an AE replacing him.

Latest posts