What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

RHCP

Bench
I think I'm going to hang onto my trades this week, unless Tedesco gets named at fullback or Tohu Harris plays off the bench again.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Traded Hayne to Kelly
Traded Harris to watmough - all depending if Harris is still on the bench for the storm

Harris BE is only 26, so even if he plays from the bench he won't lose value, you know he is going to get more minutes when origin comes around, or if someone gets injured. Watmough on the other hand is a shoe in to play origin given his form, so is probably a waste of a trade at this point. Not to mention that Watmough will be playing the Rabbitohs, which may limited his score this week, with a BE of 58, it's probably best to wait another week if you want to make this trade.

Last edited:

Edwahu

Bench
Tossing up between either Loko and Humble out for Tedesco and Sironen or G.Burgess and Reece Robinson out for Tedesco and Farah. I'm guessing Tedesco will get the FB gig though.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Post your whole team, there have to be better options than those, cause your not really making changes that alter your team significantly. Not to mention the farah trade will need to happen again during origin cause he rarely scores well when backing up.

Mr Saab

Referee
Harris BE is only 26, so even if he plays from the bench he won't lose value, you know he is going to get more minutes when origin comes around, or if someone gets injured. Watmough on the other hand is a shoe in to play origin given his form, so is probably a waste of a trade at this point. Not to mention that Watmough will be playing the Rabbitohs, which may limited his score this week, with a BE of 58, it's probably best to wait another week if you want to make this trade.

Thanks for the advice. Makes alot of sense. Will reverse trades

Edwahu

Bench
Robinson
Fonua
L.Brown
Inglis
Gillet
Gordon
Loko
Toutai
D.Low
Hayne
Kelly
Thurston
Humble
SBW
S.Burgess
Harris
Stockwell
N.Smith
Horo
Merrin
C.Smith
Myles
G.Burgress
Mcillwrick
Taupau

+11k

about 100 bucks short of every good trade I want

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
N. Smith ----> J. Lyon

T. Humble ----> T. Campese

Backline is full of keepers, gonna shore up the front row next once Buchanan and Stockwell hit top price and then 2nd row when Harris and Horo hit top price.

Hopefully make a big move up in rankings during the origin period.

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
Tossing up between either Loko and Humble out for Tedesco and Sironen or G.Burgess and Reece Robinson out for Tedesco and Farah. I'm guessing Tedesco will get the FB gig though.

Loko (Parra) has good byes so will be invaluable for fielding a squad during this period.

Humble must go but Sironen is a poor short term play, for not much more you can grab Campese who has been a 250-300K player in Supercoach previously and will play the whole season if required.

Robinson leaving would free up heaps of cash, and looking at his BE's coming up of 83 and 62 (if he scores 50 and then 60), he will lose 25K value. Getting Tedesco in makes a lot of sense to provide you some financial flexibility to make further changes as outlined below.

You have Nathan Smith who is a guy who just doesn't rate, I would be looking to get rid of him as soon as possible.

Farah is a short term play as mentioned previously as he will be playing origin, and tends to score 40-50 points when backing up (if he does at all), best to aim to get him after Origin. Sam Burgess will be invaluable during this period.

Mcillwrick is one that although he has a low BE of 12, his scores have also been poor (around 30 a match)which means that he won't go up my much (Lets say 5-10K at most).

Hold onto Toutai throughout origin as per my Loko comments.

Drury Low is another who you may want to get rid of, wait for the next debutant to play 2 games (and have potential to get a decent price rise) and then strike by replacing him.

Horo you should be aiming to lose after the origin season has finished, an inconsistent scoring player, hopefully he gains some value during the origin period by playing increased minutes.

firechild

First Grade
I went with James -> Farah (I know Farah is going to play origin and James has good byes but I feel like I'm missing out on heaps of points by not having him or Merrin)
Also went Naiqama -> Hiku
Naiqama just lost half the money he'd made and is out for 6 weeks. Hiku scored well on debut and will get some games covering Williams or Stewart as they are both prone to injury (in fact both currently injured) and Stewart will almost certainly play origin.

Team is now:

1. Slater
2. Taufua
3. Inglis
4. Lyon
5. Fonua
6. Thurston
7. A. Reynolds
8. Farah
9. Smith
10. G. Burgess
11. S. Burgess
12. Watmough
13. SBW

14. A. Kelly
15. Tadesco
16. Harris
17. Horo

18. Buchanan
19. Finucane
20. Stockwell
21. K. Sims
22. Drinkwater
23. Loko
24. Tautai
25. Hiku

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
Still don't like that James -> Farah situation. Imagine how many points James will score during the games that half the forward pack is missing during Origin. Depends what you want to do really, you could always trade James back in if required as his price has plateaued, and it unlikely to go up any further until he gets more minutes.

firechild

First Grade
I'll probably be looking to trade someone like Stockwell or Buchanan by origin time so could still get James back without losing Farah.

some11

Referee
It's a lot easier to read your teams (and save space) if you list them like this:

Smith, Farah, Merrin (G.Burgess, James, Buchanan)
Williams, S.Burgess, Watmough (Harris, Finucane, Stockwell)
Maloney (Drinkwater)
Kelly (Sezer)
Hodges, Gordon, Fonua, Loko (Tupou, Toutai, Low)
Inglis (Tedesco)

gronkathon

First Grade
Only made the one trade this week. SBW in, Reece Robinson out, Lewis Brown to the centres.

How long until Carney is back? For that matter what is Michael Gordons BE next round?

Team now is

1. G. Inglis
2. M. Gordon
3. L. Brown
4. T. Symonds
5. M. Gillett

6. J. Thurston
7. A. Kelly

8. A. Fifita
9. C. Smith
10. R. Farah
11. N. Myles
12. S.B. Williams
13. J. Lillyman

14. G. Burgess
15. B. Lawrence
16. J. Buchanan
17. M. Fonua

18. T. Harris
19. R. James
20. J. Stockwell
21. J. Miller
22. A. Sezer
23. J. Loko
24. N. Smith
25. J. Tedesco

Low cash reserves though. May trade in Bodene Thompson for Natan Smith in the centres if he doesn't get suspended this week in State Cup. If Suaso Sue keeps his spot after the Bye he may be an option to trade in for a cash cow

Carrying a few non playing passengers but happy with the squad overall

Dogs Of War

Coach
Gordon's be is 66. If he scores 65, then his next be is 71.

He is consistently scoring in the 60-70 range so he is probably someone to hold onto. Only take one 90+ week to see his price go up by 25k+ after a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Edwahu

Bench
Loko (Parra) has good byes so will be invaluable for fielding a squad during this period.

Humble must go but Sironen is a poor short term play, for not much more you can grab Campese who has been a 250-300K player in Supercoach previously and will play the whole season if required.

Robinson leaving would free up heaps of cash, and looking at his BE's coming up of 83 and 62 (if he scores 50 and then 60), he will lose 25K value. Getting Tedesco in makes a lot of sense to provide you some financial flexibility to make further changes as outlined below.

You have Nathan Smith who is a guy who just doesn't rate, I would be looking to get rid of him as soon as possible.

Farah is a short term play as mentioned previously as he will be playing origin, and tends to score 40-50 points when backing up (if he does at all), best to aim to get him after Origin. Sam Burgess will be invaluable during this period.

Mcillwrick is one that although he has a low BE of 12, his scores have also been poor (around 30 a match)which means that he won't go up my much (Lets say 5-10K at most).

Hold onto Toutai throughout origin as per my Loko comments.

Drury Low is another who you may want to get rid of, wait for the next debutant to play 2 games (and have potential to get a decent price rise) and then strike by replacing him.

Horo you should be aiming to lose after the origin season has finished, an inconsistent scoring player, hopefully he gains some value during the origin period by playing increased minutes.

Thanks for the tips. I usually focus on H2H so don't worry to much about Origin but it will depend how I am travelling.

I want to hold Smith and Low for now so I have some flexibillity with swapping captains but will downgrade them to a 85k player later.

beads6

First Grade
My team is

Inglis/Fonua
Gordon, Robinson, McQueen, Loko/Toutai, Symonds, Tupou
Thurston/Kelly
Maloney/Drinkwater
Gillett, Bird, SBW/Harris,Smith,Stockwell
Farah, Smith, Merrin/GBurgess, Buchanan, Klemmer

I've $133,000 in the bank and want to get in some non origin backs at this stage. Not sure who to trade. I change my mind 100 times.

Nevcost

Juniors
Here's my team as it stands currently

Smith, Farah, Merrin (G. Burgess, Buchanan, Sam Rapira)
SB Williams, Watmough, Harris (Horo, Stockwell, Thompson)
Sezer (Fien)
Thurston (L.Kelly)
Inglis, M.Gordon, McQueen, Robinson (Loko, Toutai, Tupou)
Nightingale (Fonua)

Latest posts