What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

RHCP

Bench
T-Rex receives a stay of execution this week, moment of truth for him now that the Bulldogs have their first choice halves back. Luckily I'm 4-0 so he hasn't cost me any wins...yet.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
First time player this year, little confused with the trade strategy. I'm unsure what to do with the high profile players that are dropping in value, should I trade them out before they drop in price and go for cheaper performers or stick with them?

For example, my back line is Inglis, Gordon and Slater. I paid a premium for them at the start and they're doing ok but their value is dropping. Going with some cheaper buys that are increasing in value would free up cash but then it seems like I'd only end up trying to buy similar players back anyway. Does that make sense?

Really loving the game, just a bit confusing for first timers :)

Basically if you're think you should keep them long term, then you just wear the drop in price. Otherwise you're burning two trades to get rid of them now and bring them back when their price bottoms out. Most of your trades should be used to maximise the value of your other players.

But it's completely up to you how you want to play, and that's the best part of it.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Reece Robinson has lost me about 10 billion in value since i bought him,he needs to score 8 tries and kick 12 goals tonight against the Storm

beads6

First Grade
Yeah Reece Robinson has been terrible. At least Smith as skipper seems to be the right option this weekl,

HowHigh

Coach
I switched the captaincy from Smith thinking it'd be an easy win and he'd be come off at the end..hopefuly SBW doesn't let me down!
Looking at a decent score this week still tho...projected 1160-1170ish

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Supercoach points scoring system is a disgrace,it all about attack and nothing for defense,why don't players get points for defusing bombs?(one of the hardest things to do in rugby league with beasts rushing to kill you) why dont players get points for cleaning up in goal? why don't players get points for try saving tackles?

This nonsense is all about attack

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Ash Graham scores one try where he ran 2 metres to the line and is almost on 50,Hayne has saved 47 tries in defense and is on nothing

Awful points scoring system,only thing you can get for defense is 1 point for tackling

HowHigh

Coach
Yeah, shame those 2 try saving tackles don't count for anything but there's already a lot of stats involved, it'd get way too complicated adding those kinda situational things in.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Stats favour attack far too much,disgusting that Ash Graham is on 50 points for running 2 metres whilst Hayne is on nothing for saving 600 tries,terrible points scoring system

Edwahu

Bench
Yeah, they could do points for tries held up and kicks defused to help it. Probably less open to interpretation then the assist stats.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I was thinking the other day that a great one would be 2/4 points for a defensive player catching a kick in goal leading to a 20m tap. Would benefit those wingers/fullbacks who are good under the high ball.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Suffered some downgrades tonight, back to 898 with Horo, Lyon, Watmough and Merrin to go. Hopefully will get over 1100, but will lose H2H as opponent already has 1087 with Merrin and Horo to go.

HowHigh

Coach
932 with Lyon, Horo, Merrin & Cherry-Evans left.
Happy with my decision to captain SBW, Kelly and L.Brown let me down a bit today though..was looking at a 1200 score.

Latest posts