What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'd rather take Moylan if he can hold his position. For 100k and scored a 71 in his first week he should have a good BE by his 3rd game.

Watching Moylan I was very impressed with how he involved himself, but he does have another week to go before you need to grab him. I thought it best to maximise the cash return on Tedesco first, who if he can score a 50+, should appreciate in value very nicely.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Just noticed that Josh Dugan isn't available in Supercoach at the moment. I thought he had played a game at least this season, and with his signing with the Dragons, I wanted to checkout his price and points (cause I was sure he scored very low in the game he played). I wonder what gives.

Talanexor

Juniors
Dangerous one, only because the Cowboys have heaps of second rowers, and are just playign the ones in form at the moment. Potentially he could have a poor/average game, and be replaced next week with someone else.

That said, he is due to go up heaps of money, and his BE is -49 and if he scores 44, he goes up 34k, and then if he scores 44 again he goes up another 21K.

EDIT: Having done all that analysis, I have picked him up. Dropped Lewis Brown who has peaked in price, and is playing out of position, picked up Riethmuller. Got rid of Tedesco and added Moylan. Hodgkinson is still a bit of an unknown at this point with a 13 and 55, though he has averaged 50 previously.

EDIT2: Kept Tedesco and got Hodgkison and dropped L.Kelly. Moylan still needs to play another game and Tedesco goes up in price still (-5 BE)

Bad call. Reithy is a Dallas Johnson clone - a small forward who only scores points because of his workrate in defence.

Reithy isn't in our best 17, and won't be unless Johnson is injured. And even then there's a good chance he'll play 10 mins off the bench.

I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole personally.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Bad call. Reithy is a Dallas Johnson clone - a small forward who only scores points because of his workrate in defence.

Reithy isn't in our best 17, and won't be unless Johnson is injured. And even then there's a good chance he'll play 10 mins off the bench.

I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole personally.

Pretty much what I thought, but that said, the financial gain is worth it in the short term. 2-3 weeks and I should get 60-80K profit on him. I haven't seen him play really (well I wasn't paying attention to him, probably cause he was only tackling, and not doing a lot on offense).

EDIT : So once again I reversed the trade. This time I traded out Merrin, picked up Segaro who is playing well and gets me $100K into the bank account. Teo out for Don. Now I have 369K in the bank.

Goal is to get Barba as a replacement fullback, Gagai and J.Morris into the centres, both once their prices have bottomed out which should happen very shortly. Still need to upgrade some other forwards, but that will come in time, just looking at origin coverage with guys who could be considered keepers going forward. Gallen is someone I would love to bring in, cause his price is getting close to the lowest it's been in years.

Last edited:

HowHigh

Coach
Anyone know why some rookies are 94K. E.g Paul Vaughn?
Rookies starting prices are usually only 90-110k unless they're coming from overseas or whatever.
E.G Hurrell was that price last year in his rookie year, this year his price started at 250k+

Last edited:

Edwahu

Bench
Yeah, thats why its odd with Vaughn not been 87k, since he is a local junior and has never played firsts before.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
James Graham is back this week. Will be keeping an eye on him.

*edit* Will also be interesting to see if Campese is goal kicking with Croker out.

Last edited:

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Thinking of bringing in Gillett for Te'o this week but it feels like a short sighted trade because one will play Origin and the other has good bye coverage.

HowHigh

Coach
Decided to reverse the trade..I can accept a small cash loss on McQueen because he's got good byes.
Got rid of Wes Naiqama instead for Don.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Went with Te'o to Gillett and Klemmer to Sue. Figured the 4 weeks of Gillett scoring before Oriign is better than Te'o and he probably won't decrease in value much anytime soon.

beads6

First Grade
I went Merrin and McQueen out and Waerera- Hargraves and Barba in. Still got 70K in the kitty.

HankScorpio

Juniors
First time player this year, little confused with the trade strategy. I'm unsure what to do with the high profile players that are dropping in value, should I trade them out before they drop in price and go for cheaper performers or stick with them?

For example, my back line is Inglis, Gordon and Slater. I paid a premium for them at the start and they're doing ok but their value is dropping. Going with some cheaper buys that are increasing in value would free up cash but then it seems like I'd only end up trying to buy similar players back anyway. Does that make sense?

Really loving the game, just a bit confusing for first timers :)

Dogs Of War

Coach
First time player this year, little confused with the trade strategy. I'm unsure what to do with the high profile players that are dropping in value, should I trade them out before they drop in price and go for cheaper performers or stick with them?

For example, my back line is Inglis, Gordon and Slater. I paid a premium for them at the start and they're doing ok but their value is dropping. Going with some cheaper buys that are increasing in value would free up cash but then it seems like I'd only end up trying to buy similar players back anyway. Does that make sense?

Really loving the game, just a bit confusing for first timers :)

I'd keep Gordon, but Inglis and Slater will be playing Origin, so it depends on if you have the depth to cover them as much as possible during that period. I will be keeping Inglis no matter his price, cause he pop out unreal scores every few weeks, and his low scores aren't that bad. Never had slater in any of my teams, so not as certain with his performances.

Some players you just ignore in price unless there is an injury which will sideline them for a considerable time, and you need the cash to bring in someone who can cover for that period.

Latest posts