What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

Warmess

Juniors
In as the Brisbane Brewers
Here's my team for round 1 atm, thoughts

1. Michael Gordon (Tom Humble)
2. Greg Inglis (Denan Kemp)
3. Shaun Kenny-Dowall (Sam Tagataese)
4. Gerard Beale (Willie Tonga)
5. Bill Tupou
6. Aidan Sezer (Jacob Miller)
7. James Maloney (Albert Kelly)
8. Cameron Smith (C) (Josh Morris)
9. Issac Luke (V-C) (Mark Taufua)
10. Jamie Buhrer (Scott Anderson)
11. Dave Taylor (Ben Murdoch-Masila)
12. Sonny-Bill Williams (Joe Galuvao)
13. Ben T'eo (Joe Picker)

And still have $1,300

Keep a sharp eye on the Warriors team listing for R1, because I highly doubt Tupou will be in there. Most likely that wing spot will be going to Fisiiahi.

Wato

Juniors
Really short of subs this year and having to back some rookies to get some game time but otherwise happy with my team.

1.M.Gordon
2.D.Boyd
3.B.Scott
4.J.Lyon
5.G.Beale
6.J.Maloney
7.K.Gidley
8.M.Srama
9.I.Luke
10.J.Friend
11.SBW
12.S.Burgess
13.F.Mateo

14.J.Moors
15.T.Sims
16.B.Teo
17.A.Watmough

Subs
18.D.Kemp
19.J.Kahu
20.T.Harris
21.K.Evans
22.J.Drinkwater
23.M.Chee-Kam
24.M.Cornish
25.J.Stockwell
Hopefully a few of thos guys see first grade and create some back ups for me, although Kemp and hopefully Harris and Stockwell should at least see some game time and Drinkwater also looked the better option for Saints in the charity shield game.

Last edited:

Nevcost

Juniors
Keep a sharp eye on the Warriors team listing for R1, because I highly doubt Tupou will be in there. Most likely that wing spot will be going to Fisiiahi.

Cheers, I traded Scott Anderson for David Klemmer because I'm not 100% on Anderson being fit enough for round 1 and Hasler says that Klemmer looks like being selected for round 1. Then I had enough money to trade out Bill Tupou for Lewis Brown with about $5000 to spare :D

4. Lewis Brown (Willie Tonga)
5. Gerard Beale
10. Jamie Buhrer (David Klemmer)

Last edited:

Grave_Digger

Juniors
Cheers, I traded Scott Anderson for David Klemmer because I'm not 100% on Anderson being fit enough for round 1 and Hasler says that Klemmer looks like being selected for round 1. Then I had enough money to trade out Bill Tupou for Lewis Brown with about $5000 to spare :D

4. Lewis Brown (Willie Tonga)
5. Gerard Beale
10. Jamie Buhrer (David Klemmer)

Unless you plan to run Nathan Peats over with your car...I think you should reconsider your selection of Issac Luke.

Wato

Juniors
Just changed my whole team as I think it was too forward heavy especially with the new scoring system. So my new team is

1.Hayne
2.Gordon
3.Boyd
4.Beale
5.R.Tuivasa-Sheck
6.Thurston
7.Gidley
8.Mason
9.Smith
10.Matulino
11.SBW
12.Teo
13.Mateo

14.Marshall
15.Sandow
16.T.Sims
17.D.Harrison

How is everyone else approaching there teams this year, are you sticking to the forward heavy system or are you looking to go for more attacking players?

some11

Referee
Because by the end of round 3 they will all drop significantly in price.

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Interesting to see how few are taking any of Fensom, Gallen or Parker, let alone multiples.

The only one of those 3 I'd consider at the moment is Parker. Gallen is way too expensive and has to drop. Fensom will fall behind in the new scoring system, especially where 8m+ runs are concerened (which is the only new scoring feature that I take issue with).

Parker has a bit of a question mark over him but I might take a punt on him because his price is pretty good.

Nevcost

Juniors
The only one of those 3 I'd consider at the moment is Parker. Gallen is way too expensive and has to drop. Fensom will fall behind in the new scoring system, especially where 8m+ runs are concerened (which is the only new scoring feature that I take issue with).

Parker has a bit of a question mark over him but I might take a punt on him because his price is pretty good.

Parker looks like losing the goal kicking to Prince so I expect his price to lower. I'm tending to go for a more attacking back row at the moment with the new points system

Spot On

Coach
Parker would have to be at least 20 to 30 points worse off this season without goal kicking and change to hit up points. The once safe 90 points could now be 60 to 70 a week if lucky.

MacDougall

First Grade
Say hello to the FartyBoobs

1. Greg Inglis
2. Reece Robinson
3. David Mead
4. Michael Gordon
5. Marika Koroibete
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. James Maloney
8. Robbie Farah
9. James Segeyaro
10. Michael Ennis
11. Jason Bukuya
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Nate Myles

Pita Godinet
David Klemmer
Richie Fa'aoso
Bodene Thompson
Tariq Sims
Michael Chee-Kam
Josh Drinkwater
Jacob Miller
Roger Tuivasa Scheck
James Roberts
Anthony Don
Kurt Gidley

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Parker would have to be at least 20 to 30 points worse off this season without goal kicking and change to hit up points. The once safe 90 points could now be 60 to 70 a week if lucky.

Parker can score big without kicking goals. It's unfortunate he's not kicking but I think his current price reflects that. As long as he still offloads like a beast then he'll be good. I'm more concerned about his game time.

Sameagle

Juniors
After all my tinkering.. here's my set line-up barring injuries till round 1 :

1. M.Gordon
2. G.Inglis
3. J.Lyon
4. G.Beale
5. J.Taufua
6. J.Soward
7. C.Cronk
8. C.Smith
9. R.Farah
10. M.Rein
11. F.Mateo
12. B.Anasta
13. T.Williams

14. S.Moore
15. W.Mason
16. J.Miller
17. T.Leuluai

Reserves;
D.Klemmer
K.Evans
M.Cheekam
K.Sims
B.Farrar
J.Gagan
C.Rona
J.Kahu

23.8K left in banks.. thoughts anyone?

Spot On

Coach
Parker can score big without kicking goals. It's unfortunate he's not kicking but I think his current price reflects that. As long as he still offloads like a beast then he'll be good. I'm more concerned about his game time.

Even with 40 tackles, 15 hit ups and 4 offloads he won't score much more than 70. And that's based on 80 mins. His price will plummet. Could be a buy after that or if Prince is injured so he can resume goal kicking.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach

1. M.Gordon
2. G.Inglis
3. J.Lyon
4. G.Beale
5. J.Taufua
6. J.Soward
7. C.Cronk
8. C.Smith
9. R.Farah
10. M.Rein
11. F.Mateo
12. B.Anasta
13. T.Williams

14. S.Moore
15. W.Mason
16. J.Miller
17. T.Leuluai

Reserves;
D.Klemmer
K.Evans
M.Cheekam
K.Sims
B.Farrar
J.Gagan
C.Rona
J.Kahu

Done well. Anasta can get the flick and strengthen the bench. I dont like the halves. Cronk good choice although not a goal kicker he'll score plenty in other areas. Piss Soward off. Dragons will struggle to score points with their lineup. I'm not having any Dragons with the exception of Beale and only because he's cheap. That said, I think he'll struggle to score as well as a lot of the other ctw/fullbacks.

Other than that, looks good.

Nevcost

Juniors

1. M.Gordon
2. G.Inglis
3. J.Lyon
4. G.Beale
5. J.Taufua
6. J.Soward
7. C.Cronk
8. C.Smith
9. R.Farah
10. M.Rein
11. F.Mateo
12. B.Anasta
13. T.Williams

14. S.Moore
15. W.Mason
16. J.Miller
17. T.Leuluai

Reserves;
D.Klemmer
K.Evans
M.Cheekam
K.Sims
B.Farrar
J.Gagan
C.Rona
J.Kahu

Have to agree with Spot On in regards to Soward. Soward burned me pretty bad last year, you're probably better off with either Gidley or Sezer