What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread LXIX - Honouring Mork from Ork - RIP Robin Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Staff member
He's edited out part of a quote to deliberately change the meaning and intention of the original post.

Completely different to highlighting a specific point or part of a post for discussion.

Boooo-ring.

People quote people out of context on here all of the time. I doubt b-dos really said he wanted to see a male erection.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
He's edited out part of a quote to deliberately change the meaning and intention of the original post.

Completely different to highlighting a specific point or part of a post for discussion.

no different to doing this:

or this:

tis your words.. no order changed or quotation marks removed..

but don't get too worked up about it.. your tan will get all streaky :)

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If b-dos never complained it may have slipped under the radar. After a while it can also become tough to find the original post.

just click this button next to the name and voila..

viewpost.gif

or there's always the search function.. you can search the words + by exact user name and you'll be able to find it in a second..

i'm so friendly & helpful.. i should be a mod..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Different kind of Rabbit said:
Don't know specifically why people do it.

I suspect that part of it is because they don't want people to link back to the OP.

Happens though.

never seen it happen..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It happens when people type in the persons name to quote them manually, rather then just click on the quote icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts