What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread LXXIII: Honouring He Who Shall Not Be Named

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
lol@mr unbiased himself Timmah having a crack at people whinging.

My issue is with people claiming the referees "handed the Eels the win". That might have been possibly true with a 24-22 or 22-20 scoreline... Parra won 28-16 and the Tigers weren't good enough.

Doesn't say anything as to whether the decision on Tedesco was shit or not - just that the Tigers don't deserve the win purely because they got shafted by a decision at some point during the game.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Not to quite the level your Cameron Smith video has, old bean! I'm seeing it all over the place!

570k views, 82 on my channel and 489 on the stolen Paul Gallen video. Probably more from other unfound stolen sources. The 60 minutes episode got 1.3m in the ratings. That's the goal now :lol:

It seems i've touched a nerve. Only problem is people commenting on my youtube channel thinking i'm Paul Gallen.

afinalsin666

First Grade
It's funny, because my sister got her Nail Art posted on a Zelda fan page, and got 4k likes. Everyone was pretty stoked for her, then my video comes out like it did. Kind of stole her thunder.

afinalsin666

First Grade
My issue is with people claiming the referees "handed the Eels the win". That might have been possibly true with a 24-22 or 22-20 scoreline... Parra won 28-16 and the Tigers weren't good enough.

Doesn't say anything as to whether the decision on Tedesco was shit or not - just that the Tigers don't deserve the win purely because they got shafted by a decision at some point during the game.

Everyone that argues like that have no concept of the Butterfly effect. They score that try, maybe the eels morale drops, and Tigers dominate? Maybe the tigers fire up and they pick up an injury? Maybe the game plays out as it did?

There's far too many variables to claim Parra were handed the game. It's the weakest argument, but one that is almost always defended to the death, because to admit otherwise is too painful.

Bazal

Post Whore
Interesting day. We were the starting point for an ongoing crime spree, bloke stole a bottle of grog and then went on to try and rob/assault the butcher down the road, try and grab one of the girls at my gym, smash the door, throw bottles at random passers-by and then vanish when the cops came.

Also got a 100% serious offer to play fullback in first grade for one of the local RU clubs who are having a ridiculous injury crisis and have a poor Colts centre struggling at fullback

Misanthrope

Staff member
I remember a North Sydney v Roosters game from way back when. Was 0-0 when JT took a shot at goal and landed it, but the ref's waved it away.

Bears ended up losing something like 22-2 or some shit, but it was so early in the game that it really could have made a difference.

570k views, 82 on my channel and 489 on the stolen Paul Gallen video. Probably more from other unfound stolen sources. The 60 minutes episode got 1.3m in the ratings. That's the goal now :lol:

It seems i've touched a nerve. Only problem is people commenting on my youtube channel thinking i'm Paul Gallen.

Stop trying to take credit for Gal's work

Bazal

Post Whore
Did anyone see the crash in the Tour de France? I mean, yeah cycling whatever for most of you....but holy f**king shit.

afinalsin666

First Grade
It's hilarious how many people believe Paul Gallen:

1. Watched the original footage.
2. Ripped the footage
3. Edited the footage
4. uploaded the footage at 5pm

All two days before origin. Some people man...

Bazal

Post Whore
Gif? Video?

image.gif

Bazal

Post Whore
That's the best one I can find, but it only shows the first few seconds

thorson1987

Coach
Everyone that argues like that have no concept of the Butterfly effect. They score that try, maybe the eels morale drops, and Tigers dominate? Maybe the tigers fire up and they pick up an injury? Maybe the game plays out as it did?

There's far too many variables to claim Parra were handed the game. It's the weakest argument, but one that is almost always defended to the death, because to admit otherwise is too painful.

The only time you can say it actually effected the result is when it is a blatant f**k up right near the end of the game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Not a fan of Smith the Grub ever since his salary cap cheating days but geez 60 mins and ACA are the worst shows on TV for reporting shit

ACA have been busted a few times for planting false witnesses and making shit up

Status
Not open for further replies.