What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread LXXIII: Honouring He Who Shall Not Be Named

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Actually Drew, he was Japanese.

It surprised me as the stereotype of the prepared and exact person exists for a reason.

He was also surprised when I made it pretty clear that it was his couch now, the deal was done.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I came halfway around the world to work a 9 to 5 job. How'd that happen? :crazy:

by that, do you mean you're working 9am-5pm over there, in which it's really 7pm-3am over here, in which case you're not technically working the same hours as what you did over here?

or by that do you mean you're working 11pm-7am over there, which makes it the same as a 9am-5pm job over here, in which you are working the exact same hours as what you did over here, but without the benefits of a regular circadian rhythm?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

It surprised me as the stereotype of the prepared and exact person exists for a reason.

He was also surprised when I made it pretty clear that it was his couch now, the deal was done.

you could have said: "couch is yours, but if it won't fit in your house, i'm happy to sell you this house as well?"

never miss a chance to upsell..

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
you could have said: "couch is yours, but if it won't fit in your house, i'm happy to sell you this house as well?"

never miss a chance to upsell..
It's a rental. I did mention to the landlord that I was OK with the new tenants having a look at furniture and buying it so I can leave it there, but he said no.

It was worth a shot. This lounge was pretty large at 2.2m long. Damn was it comfortable though.

Better not get kicked out of bed for any pranks in the next couple of weeks as I have no backup nap options...

thorson1987

Coach
Wifes cousin is getting married next month.

They have only just sent out the invitations.

Ceremony is in Nth Sydney and reception is in Mona Vale.

What a pain in the arse. They have also made it a black tie event.

Would have been good to be given a bit more notice.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
show up just wearing a black tie.

if they complain, tell them you didn't have enough notice to get the rest of the outfit.

Drew-Sta

Staff member

That does surprise me. Sounds like he was an unusual egg.

even better, 100% profit margin..

and you'll be out of the country before they know it..

i really can't see a downside here for you..

:lol:

Drew-Sta

Staff member
You also picked a rough time to look. The market is terrible right now for buyers.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Have to go all the way into the city tomorrow for my Visa interview, now, I don't mind the trek, but it's annoying because I was eligible for the visa re-issue program, but due to a glitch in their system, I need to head-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.