What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread LXXIII: Honouring He Who Shall Not Be Named

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abz

Juniors
Why would Victorias Education Department post something like that on their website?

This reminds me of that time I got "attacked" by a Victorian when minding my own business on a lunchtime stroll.

So there I was going for a walk and just happen to walk into Rebel Sport it the city. I knowingly walk over to the footballs section and pick up on of our beloved Steedens. As people do, holding it, tossing it in the air a few times, bouncing it... and then I hear a voice from behind me...

"The real ball are behind ya mate!"

I turn around and what do I see? Someone equivalent to a buck-toothed yokel with a sick grin on his face. So I do a 180 to look behind me, and what do I see? The great white round balls. Being a huge soccer fan, I pick one up. Then the yokel has another go...

"No no no, I meant those balls" he said, pointing to the ugly, red, Sherrin duck eggs (actually, that's an insult to duck eggs, apologies).

Then this yokel proceeds to tell me his life story on why he's in Sydney working part time and studying some subject that they don't provide down in Victoriania!

My point is... if the Victorianian Government took some cash out of their precious Sports budget, it would have done a world of good injecting it into their Education budget, then these yokels will be able to study whatever shit they're in their crappy corner of the world and still keep their self-proclaimed "Sporting capital of the World" title.

Don't worry Victorianians... we won't dare to take that away from you :roll:

Then you see content like that on a GOVERNMENT website... it's no wonder why that buck-toothed yokel came to Sydney.

Abz

Juniors
Fair point, but if that's the case, the point above I raised about the bulk of the problem stnads:

My point is... if the Victorianian Government took some cash out of their precious Sports budget, it would have done a world of good injecting it into their Education budget, then these yokels will be able to study whatever shit they're in their crappy corner of the world and still keep their self-proclaimed "Sporting capital of the World" title.

Status
Not open for further replies.